Today at Bronco Nation - Wed., 6-2-21

Laura
Jun 02, 2021
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Jun 02, 2021

I started today with a walk down a wooded trail by my house. It was peaceful. I saw what seemed to be a baby river otter.

It ended in a full-on sprint home.

Why? Well, mistakes happen (like a rumor I saw going around that Base comes standard with front heated seats. That starts with the Mid package. Like I've said before, proofing is hard work o_O). Anyway, I misjudged my timing between two news stories that we were posting. However, I made it in with one minute to spare, plus I was getting some customer service done on the first story that went up --- but only while I was still in saunter mode. Your news lead may be a mess, but I'm here for ya. We all are, in this Nation.
  • News 1: Off-Roadeo Reservations Begin Today. In this article, we detail some facts and expectations for Off-Roadeo: Who can attend, when they can attend, what site is opening, what you'll learn in vehicle technology.
  • News 2: Bronco Off-Roadeo Texas Opens in June. Here, we talk more about the Horseshoe Bay location (hour outside Austin), plus list the other three upcoming Off-Roadeos. We go over bringing a guest (nearly 100% they can swap seats with you while in the same vehicle, but still fact checking that), the voucher discount you will get, and the terrain -- in this epic video below. It captures what it really feels like to be there ... I know you've seen some great still snippets, and they have been helpful in forming an idea, but there's nothing like Broncos in motion at speeds you WILL be traveling at.

It seems like a good amount of people are planning to go to Texas, and we can't wait to hear your reactions. I'll say this: You forget all frustrations when you're there. I've seen comments on social about how awful it will feel to just have a taste of Bronco, only to have to go home and wait for delivery. And I can see how that would be a valid thought. But when you're there, all that disappears. It's you, the Bronco, good people, and the time of your life. I only heard people pumped up all over again, stoked for what's to come. It's been a long road. And Off-Roadeo seems to be a balm to soothe the wounded spirit, for sure -- I wasn't kidding when I said it's wall-to-wall smiles and hollers.

If you're waiting for the other locations to open, and that balm is not yet in sight, may I suggest some retail therapy? Tongue-in-cheek; buying doesn't fix issues, I know -- however, I wore the shirt part of this package down in Austin while part of the team was in production black. I did stay cool compared to them. You may want to check out the Windows Down duo, offered on flash sale this week.
2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
Keeping the Jeeps: stock '89 XJ and 3.5" lifted '00 XJ on 31s
Hobgoblin, Gutter Clown
Last edited by a moderator: Jun 02, 2021
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Jun 03, 2021

Another Owner's Manual article: Turning Off the Rear Occupant Alert on the All-New Bronco. It can save lives if you have children/pets, but if you are the only one ever in your vehicle, it can get old. Ford lets you turn it off.

Now, just don't forget about your ice cream in the back if you are solo and returning from errands and a grocery run. No; who am I kidding -- we'd never forget about our ice cream.
2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
Sdakotabronco, Deano Bronc

Defeated by Mickey’s Hot Tub

Jun 03, 2021

Another Owner's Manual article: Turning Off the Rear Occupant Alert on the All-New Bronco. It can save lives if you have children/pets, but if you are the only one ever in your vehicle, it can get old. Ford lets you turn it off.

Now, just don't forget about your ice cream in the back if you are solo and returning from errands and a grocery run. No; who am I kidding -- we'd never forget about our ice cream.
Icecream?!?!? :love:
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.
Laura

Rank V

Jun 03, 2021

Laura: Nice to hear you were out running. Never take that for granted. I used to love running. I was on the track team in high school. Then Vietnam came along and that ended my running forever. So, smile when you are running!
4 Door Badlands: Carbonized Gray, 2.7 Eco, Sasquatch Package, Towing Package, 35" Tires ETC
BuzzyBud, 14U

Rank VI

Jun 03, 2021

Laura, glad to hear that it wasn't the purported baby otter chasing after you that caused you to run!:LOL: Looks like you got everything covered in time.

Thanks for sharing the information. I look forward to attending the Off-Roadeo in Moab in '22. I like the fact that you can bring up to 3 guests. That opens the possibility of bringing much more of the brood than I planned on bringing.
Laura, Ian Lacasse
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Jun 03, 2021

Laura: Nice to hear you were out running. Never take that for granted. I used to love running. I was on the track team in high school. Then Vietnam came along and that ended my running forever. So, smile when you are running!
Thank you for serving and for the sacrifice you made. You're so right.
Deano Bronc, Hobgoblin
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Jun 03, 2021

Laura, glad to hear that it wasn't the purported baby otter chasing after you that caused you to run!:LOL: Looks like you got everything covered in time.

Thanks for sharing the information. I look forward to attending the Off-Roadeo in Moab in '22. I like the fact that you can bring up to 3 guests. That opens the possibility of bringing much more of the brood than I planned on bringing.
That's great! We're working out more details on the FAQs surrounding guests and drivers, just so everyone goes in fully aware and prepared. The drive time is plentiful; trail rides last hours, not minutes, but still, we'd hate for people to be disappointed by anything. We'll have that soon!
Hobgoblin

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Jun 03, 2021

Thats good news, don't need nannies we will never use.My Bronco will be a two seater, the back seats are coming out.If anyone is ever in southern Vermont and find Bronco back seats in the woods, I probably left them there.
Joined May 29, 2020 Member 546​
Deano Bronc, Laura