Today at Bronco Nation - Wed., 10-13-21

Laura
Oct 14, 2021
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Oct 14, 2021

Hi everyone; I hope you had a solid Wednesday outside of Bronco life (or inside it, I suppose!). If you chill in this section of the forums, it's no surprise to you by now that Build & Price was updated for MY22. One of the things that caught me off-guard, however, was a last minute change to Ford communication: Ordering online (for non-converted reservation holders) opens on Oct. 15th now, not today, so be aware of that. @David began a thread for things that need a few more updates: Build & Price errors and considerations.

Everglades.png

Additionally, Ford shared a few details about the Everglades special edition coming next year. And in case you missed it, see our livestream from tonight with Ford below. Bronco brand manager Esteban Plaza-Jennings showed us the slide-out tailgate (I love it, looks super sharp) as well as the first look at a MY22 (pre-production) Bronco. We touched on some areas you have been questioning, a main one being dealer changes. Please continue to ask questions you have; Ford contacts have been very quick and helpful in responding to David's and my requests for clarification and confirmation. The team at Bronco Nation will keep doing our best to help you understand as much as possible about MY22 ordering. We're thankful Ford gives us the chance to talk to them directly, so you also can hear directly from them, and we appreciate every one of you weighing in with what you do.

2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
Keeping the Jeeps: stock '89 XJ and 3.5" lifted '00 XJ on 31s
SlashRacer, Deano Bronc
Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2021

Rank 0

Oct 14, 2021

Laura - I listened to the livestream.

Regarding the dealer transfer question, it wasn’t clarified in very explicit terms whether they were referring to a non-converted reservation, or a reservation that has already been converted to a MY 21 order (and wasn’t selected for a MY21 build date).

If the latter, that would be great. But I spent 3 hours on hold this morning to get through to a customer service rep on the Ford marketing support line who told me they have no ability to make a transfers of a converted reservation from one dealer to another nor have they received any communication that that should be possible. Others who have made it through the hours-long hold have received the same response.

Could you please clarify the eligibility of transferability and how we are meant to get that done? If the instruction is to call customer service, perhaps share the feedback that the customer service teams are completely unaware of their ability/direction to make those transfers (at least as of 10/13 am)?
Deano Bronc, SlashRacer

Rank 0

Oct 14, 2021

And another question if you don’t mind. The slide-out tailgate looks awesome and I understand it’s a factory installed option with mid/late MY22 availability.

Does the fact that it is factory installed mean it will NEVER be available as an add-on after the Bronco has left the factory? Or would a Bronco without the tailgate eventually be able to have one installed at a dealership or buy and DIY?

Just looking to understand whether the tailgate is a one time opportunity to purchase with original order or if it will ever be possible to add onto an existing build some time in the future after taking ownership.
Deano Bronc, TEEDEE

Rank III

Oct 14, 2021

Laura,
I went to my dealership yesterday (10/13) to convert my order from MY21 to MY22.
That said, they said they were unable to place MY22 orders as of 10/13 @ 5pm. What they did do was sit down with me, go over my new "Build & Price" and work up a "Preview Order 8888" Order Summary for MY22 Bronco.
My original reservation was placed 9/19/20 and converted to an official order 1/28/21.
My question is, why are dealers still unable to place MY22 orders for exiting MY21 order holders? And when will my dealership be able to do so?
Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated...thanks in advance!

Rank VI

Oct 14, 2021

First off, @Laura thank you for your understanding as displayed in the livestream.
You are correct, as Bronco Nation works to create a community, communication is key.
For most viewers of the livestream, they will not remember the content days, weeks, or months from now. However, they will remember how they felt.
During a critique of any presentation, there is value in determining how people felt after viewing.
TEEDEE, Deano Bronc

Rank III

Oct 14, 2021

Laura,
I went to my dealership yesterday (10/13) to convert my order from MY21 to MY22.
That said, they said they were unable to place MY22 orders as of 10/13 @ 5pm. What they did do was sit down with me, go over my new "Build & Price" and work up a "Preview Order 8888" Order Summary for MY22 Bronco.
My original reservation was placed 9/19/20 and converted to an official order 1/28/21.
My question is, why are dealers still unable to place MY22 orders for exiting MY21 order holders? And when will my dealership be able to do so?
Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated...thanks in advance!
Similar thing happened to me yesterday at the dealership.
Laura, CoachJT

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Oct 14, 2021

First off, @Laura thank you for your understanding as displayed in the livestream.
You are correct, as Bronco Nation works to create a community, communication is key.
For most viewers of the livestream, they will not remember the content days, weeks, or months from now. However, they will remember how they felt.
During a critique of any presentation, there is value in determining how people felt after viewing.

Yes I will never forget the disappointment and disgust.A lot of talk but not much was said.

Comparing the 64 1/2 Mustang roll out to the Bronco is wrong. The Mustang rollout was successful, the Bronco rollout is a disaster that is hurting Ford.

The idea that Ford is telling people to go to the dealer and jump the line is crazy. If I can't get my Bronco built where are the Broncos coming from for the people without a reservation?
CoachJT
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Oct 14, 2021

Laura - I listened to the livestream.

Regarding the dealer transfer question, it wasn’t clarified in very explicit terms whether they were referring to a non-converted reservation, or a reservation that has already been converted to a MY 21 order (and wasn’t selected for a MY21 build date).

If the latter, that would be great. But I spent 3 hours on hold this morning to get through to a customer service rep on the Ford marketing support line who told me they have no ability to make a transfers of a converted reservation from one dealer to another nor have they received any communication that that should be possible. Others who have made it through the hours-long hold have received the same response.

Could you please clarify the eligibility of transferability and how we are meant to get that done? If the instruction is to call customer service, perhaps share the feedback that the customer service teams are completely unaware of their ability/direction to make those transfers (at least as of 10/13 am)?
Long hold, M :/ I'll ask. Right now, BN doesn't have any more information that what was shared on the livestream, but I'll see what we can pull today.
2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
Deano Bronc, marmstrong115
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Oct 14, 2021

And another question if you don’t mind. The slide-out tailgate looks awesome and I understand it’s a factory installed option with mid/late MY22 availability.

Does the fact that it is factory installed mean it will NEVER be available as an add-on after the Bronco has left the factory? Or would a Bronco without the tailgate eventually be able to have one installed at a dealership or buy and DIY?

Just looking to understand whether the tailgate is a one time opportunity to purchase with original order or if it will ever be possible to add onto an existing build some time in the future after taking ownership.
'nother good Q. We'll follow up on that.
TEEDEE, Deano Bronc
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Oct 14, 2021

Laura,
Thanks for letting us know what's happening to you, Coach. That's the first I heard of a dealer saying they can't place orders, unfortunately. It seems most people got theirs done by their dealer (no help to you, I know). I will try to see if that's a known issue for some reason and if Ford can offer a solution to it. It sounds like the dealer was going in the right direction, though, with the confirming of your order. Did anyone else have a "Preview Order 8888" doc done up? Is that the technical name for part of the correct process in how they are completing these?
CoachJT
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Oct 14, 2021

Yes I will never forget the disappointment and disgust.A lot of talk but not much was said.

Comparing the 64 1/2 Mustang roll out to the Bronco is wrong. The Mustang rollout was successful, the Bronco rollout is a disaster that is hurting Ford.

The idea that Ford is telling people to go to the dealer and jump the line is crazy. If I can't get my Bronco built where are the Broncos coming from for the people without a reservation?
Walk me through this, Bronco5.0 ... the line jumping, are you talking about when I was saying new customers should go directly to your dealer to place an order?

Rank VI

Oct 14, 2021

As always, appreciate the sharing of info, willingness to answer questions and patience with us Bronco fans. Thanks Laura! :)
Badlands, 2 door, 2.3L, Manual, High, Non-SAS, Tow Package, Roof Rails, MIC, Velocity Blue
Deano Bronc

Rank III

Oct 14, 2021

Thanks for letting us know what's happening to you, Coach. That's the first I heard of a dealer saying they can't place orders, unfortunately. It seems most people got theirs done by their dealer (no help to you, I know). I will try to see if that's a known issue for some reason and if Ford can offer a solution to it. It sounds like the dealer was going in the right direction, though, with the confirming of your order. Did anyone else have a "Preview Order 8888" doc done up? Is that the technical name for part of the correct process in how they are completing these?
Laura,
Thanks for the quick response, much appreciated!!!
That said, I believe the"Preview Order 8888" is just a basic dealership form done when working up a potential customer order but is not a form technically used in the the final ordering process. The good thing is they have my MY22 Bronco options/build information, now they just need to figure out how to convert my MY21 to a MY22 order.
Unfortunately, it seems like there are too many dealerships out there that do not have enough knowledge of the current situation to be proficient in dealing with their customers needs...frustrating.
SuperMike

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Oct 14, 2021

Walk me through this, Bronco5.0 ... the line jumping, are you talking about when I was saying

My question is where are these Broncos coming from if its not a reservation?
Walk me through this, Bronco5.0 ... the line jumping, are you talking about when I was saying new customers should go directly to your dealer to place an order?
How can the dealer have cars to sell when Ford can't build reservations?
I have a reservation for a 2 dr hardtop 7spd.when can it be ordered? The dealer is telling me later next year.The had a Big Bend sasquatch demo but can't or won't order a Big Bend 2dr 7spd.
CoachJT

Rank II

Oct 14, 2021

I just sent a link of this video to my dealer's representatives, I went yesterday and after an hour of them talking back and forward on how to procced they weren't able to update my order. Its been a struggle all the way back since day one.
CoachJT

Rank 0

Oct 14, 2021

Hi everyone; I hope you had a solid Wednesday outside of Bronco life (or inside it, I suppose!). If you chill in this section of the forums, it's no surprise to you by now that Build & Price was updated for MY22. One of the things that caught me off-guard, however, was a last minute change to Ford communication: Ordering online (for non-converted reservation holders) opens on Oct. 15th now, not today, so be aware of that. @David began a thread for things that need a few more updates: Build & Price errors and considerations.

View attachment 19689

Additionally, Ford shared a few details about the Everglades special edition coming next year. And in case you missed it, see our livestream from tonight with Ford below. Bronco brand manager Esteban Plaza-Jennings showed us the slide-out tailgate (I love it, looks super sharp) as well as the first look at a MY22 (pre-production) Bronco. We touched on some areas you have been questioning, a main one being dealer changes. Please continue to ask questions you have; Ford contacts have been very quick and helpful in responding to David's and my requests for clarification and confirmation. The team at Bronco Nation will keep doing our best to help you understand as much as possible about MY22 ordering. We're thankful Ford gives us the chance to talk to them directly, so you also can hear directly from them, and we appreciate every one of you weighing in with what you do.

Good morning Laura,

I really enjoyed the livestream! I do have one question . Is there anything that someone with an order for a 2 door Bronco can do that might increase their chance for a build date fairly quick? I always here “switch to a soft top”. To my knowledge we 2 door bronco order holders don’t have that option.

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Oct 14, 2021

Good morning Laura,

I really enjoyed the livestream! I do have one question . Is there anything that someone with an order for a 2 door Bronco can do that might increase their chance for a build date fairly quick? I always here “switch to a soft top”. To my knowledge we 2 door bronco order holders don’t have that option.
The live stream would have been better if the sound wasn't breaking up and the screen freezing and pixalating occasionally.chat wouldn't let me ask questions.

Rank VI

Oct 14, 2021

The live stream would have been better if the sound wasn't breaking up and the screen freezing and pixalating occasionally.chat wouldn't let me ask questions.
Apologies on the sound issues. Some of it was on me, I set my noise gate too high and it was cutting out when I spoke too softly.
Bronco Nation Member #144
David in the Bronco Nation Forums
BroncoTroubadour on Instagram

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Oct 14, 2021

Apologies on the sound issues. Some of it was on me, I set my noise gate too high and it was cutting out when I spoke too softly.
ah, I thought You Tube was acting up, it has problems on occasion.