Today at Bronco Nation - Mon, 5-3-21

Laura
May 03, 2021
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

May 03, 2021

Hi everyone -- today's news seems to be a mixed bag for you all. While it's excellent that a chip shortage will not likely be affecting orders, it can feel like that's not moving us forward fast enough. We're discussing over here.

But positively, the article says that Ford is working on increasing production. At the end of March, we reported that Webasto was making a huge investment into their capacity, and perhaps supply will begin to catch up. This may be where we are at right now, but tomorrow's a new day – and I'm glad for all order holders that at least there is one issue less at play.

Additionally, we published the price list for the 2021 Ford Bronco accessories. I updated the first post with links to both the guide and prices. (Oh! And if you missed it, on Saturday, we shared the picture guide of the Built Wild accessories – this is an updated version, vs. the one making rounds a while back.)

I hope you all have a great rest of your day, and I'll return with more stories here tomorrow!
2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
Keeping the Jeeps: stock '89 XJ and 3.5" lifted '00 XJ on 31s
frogier, SlashRacer
Last edited by a moderator: May 03, 2021
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

May 03, 2021

Or immediately. Forgot I had weekend links to share! Long ... life ... lol.
  1. Bronco Sport Reaches Mt. Everest of Safety Ratings
  2. See How Easy The Sport Goes Through Hell's Gate
  3. Ford Donates $1M to Benefit Students, Offers Virtual Test Drives
(Sport, you're killing it today!)
2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
Deano Bronc, TEEDEE

Chief

May 04, 2021

Hi everyone -- today's news seems to be a mixed bag for you all. While it's excellent that a chip shortage will not likely be affecting orders, it can feel like that's not moving us forward fast enough. We're discussing over here.

But positively, the article says that Ford is working on increasing production. At the end of March, we reported that Webasto was making a huge investment into their capacity, and perhaps supply will begin to catch up. This may be where we are at right now, but tomorrow's a new day – and I'm glad for all order holders that at least there is one issue less at play.

Additionally, we published the price list for the 2021 Ford Bronco accessories. I updated the first post with links to both the guide and prices. (Oh! And if you missed it, on Saturday, we shared the picture guide of the Built Wild accessories – this is an updated version, vs. the one making rounds a while back.)

I hope you all have a great rest of your day, and I'll return with more stories here tomorrow!
@Laura Nice write up on the semiconductor shortage. Here's to hoping the sources are right. Regarding the "New Deadly Sin" constraints. Is the MIC top a problem now too? And have you heard what the issue is the tow package. I don't understand why the tow package is an issue if there's no brake controller included? Thanks for all your good work!

Libations MOD

May 04, 2021

@Laura Nice write up on the semiconductor shortage. Here's to hoping the sources are right. Regarding the "New Deadly Sin" constraints. Is the MIC top a problem now too? And have you heard what the issue is the tow package. I don't understand why the tow package is an issue if there's no brake controller included? Thanks for all your good work!
MIC 100% still is and the tow is the 7-Pin not truly the receiver itself
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
Chief1301
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

May 04, 2021

Hey Chief, I'm glad you liked Dusty's take on the commodities conversation that's out there right now. We've heard of no issues with the MIC thankfully in this last convo; sources were referring to the black painted modular hard top. The tow package issue is just getting the parts from the suppliers, crazy enough. Our sources said how easy of an aftermarket install one is, so if a tow setup is the only thing holding up your order and you're cool with AM on that, definitely remove it.
Chief1301

Moab or bust!!!

May 04, 2021

Hey Chief, I'm glad you liked Dusty's take on the commodities conversation that's out there right now. We've heard of no issues with the MIC thankfully in this last convo; sources were referring to the black painted modular hard top. The tow package issue is just getting the parts from the suppliers, crazy enough. Our sources said how easy of an aftermarket install one is, so if a tow setup is the only thing holding up your order and you're cool with AM on that, definitely remove it.
Thanks for the added info. I was really planning on going aftermarket for the hitch but I'm a little concerned about the wiring. In the past, it was very easy to get trailer wiring installed as it was basically unclip a wiring connection and add the new trailer wiring T-connection between the existing connections. I've heard rumblings that it might not be easy to do in the new Bronco. I know you are checking on a lot of different things for people, but could you ask some questions about doing the wiring portion aftermarket?
Thank you.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
Chief1301, Laura
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

May 04, 2021

Actually, now I'm second-guessing; let me call for backup: @David, the MIC top wasn't brought up specifically in the commodities talk, but can opting for a soft top over the MIC expedite orders that much more?
Chief1301

Rank VI

May 04, 2021

Actually, now I'm second-guessing; let me call for backup: @David, the MIC top wasn't brought up specifically in the commodities talk, but can opting for a soft top over the MIC expedite orders that much more?
The MIC is a commodity restraint right now. Choosing the MIC is probably holding up some folks orders right now.
Bronco Nation Member #144
David in the Bronco Nation Forums
BroncoTroubadour on Instagram
Chief1301, Laura
OBXBroncoGuy

May 04, 2021

Just asked my dealer to remove it. Its not like I was planning to tow anything anyway
Chief1301, RonM0710

Rank V

May 04, 2021

Since MIC top is the only top for the 2dr then all 2 drs are in trouble
Base 2-door, 2.3L, 7 spd, MIC Top, Oxford White, Roof Rails, Modular Bumper, Headliner, Floor Liners, Aux Switches
Build week of 2-7-22, Build 2-10-22, WS 2/18, New Blend 2/25, Built 2/27, del 3/2
Chief1301

Rank V

May 04, 2021

It would be nice if Ford would just be straight up and say the 2drs are a '22
Base 2-door, 2.3L, 7 spd, MIC Top, Oxford White, Roof Rails, Modular Bumper, Headliner, Floor Liners, Aux Switches
Build week of 2-7-22, Build 2-10-22, WS 2/18, New Blend 2/25, Built 2/27, del 3/2
Sdakotabronco, Chief1301

Libations MOD

May 04, 2021

They have emailed some and have build dates, search on the posts. I forgot the title of the post with build emails
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
Chief1301

Rank V

May 05, 2021

They have emailed some and have build dates, search on the posts. I forgot the title of the post with build emails
I've seen a few acknowledge their build dates but from what was posted earlier on production numbers those are very few compared to the orders submitted in the 10's of thousands. Based on the ongoing issue with hardtops the 4 door soft tops will be the ones most likely selected for "clean" builds
OBXBroncoGuy

May 05, 2021

We'll find out what's going on within the next two weeks. But as @David, posted about parts, its not just the tops, if someone has the tow, its both that will delay an order. Thats why we've seen orders being filled with very few that has all the parts issues. The more I read about 2.3 vs 2.7, I might switch to the 2.3 engine.