The 2021 Ford Bronco Owner's Manual

Laura
May 27, 2021
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

May 27, 2021

Attachments

2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
Keeping the Jeeps: stock '89 XJ and 3.5" lifted '00 XJ on 31s
the poacher, Norderwurm
Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2021

Mud,Sweat and Gears

May 27, 2021

"Ford recommends you avoid driving at high speeds, braking heavy, shifting aggressively, or using your vehicle to tow. "

What do they think we buy these things for? :ROFLMAO:
Bronco_Girl, Jakob1972

Rank V

May 28, 2021

"Ford recommends you avoid driving at high speeds, braking heavy, shifting aggressively, or using your vehicle to tow. "

What do they think we buy these things for? :ROFLMAO:
None of those. Slow crawling.
the poacher, Jakob1972

Rank VI

May 28, 2021

I'm going to start posting our articles on the topics and sections here, but expect to find the full PDF here soon as well.
Here is the quick reference guide;
Ordered: 4-Door First Edition - Rapid Red - Black Seats - MIC Top - Build Date: 10/25
In Garage: ‘62 Red Vette - ‘07 Black Shelby Ragtop - ‘21 F150 Platinum PowerBoost - Rapid Red
D190065, Graydog

Rank V

May 28, 2021

I can't help but feel that the window removal guide is a knife twist for all of us FE's.
2021 Bronco First Edition - Lightning Blue - Black Interior - 4-door
Also in the Driveway: 2020 Ford Expedition Platinum, 2017 Ford Edge Titanium, 2008 BMW 335i, 2007 Infiniti G35x, 2002 Chevy Tahoe
D190065, TK1215

Road trip!!!

May 28, 2021

I'm going to start posting our articles on the topics and sections here, but expect to find the full PDF here soon as well.
“What can Ford do with this data? According to this policy, Ford can “provide this info to law enforcement, government authorities, and third parties acting with lawful authority or through a legal process.” This ranges from the operating state of the vehicle –– which may include fuel level and tire pressure –– to things like seatbelt status, wheel speed, acceleration, deceleration, and more.”

This would cover Fords butt if there was a roll over caused by low tire pressure or something caused by operator error.
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.
TK1215, Shadowblade

Rank V

May 28, 2021

“What can Ford do with this data? According to this policy, Ford can “provide this info to law enforcement, government authorities, and third parties acting with lawful authority or through a legal process.” This ranges from the operating state of the vehicle –– which may include fuel level and tire pressure –– to things like seatbelt status, wheel speed, acceleration, deceleration, and more.”

This would cover Fords butt if there was a roll over caused by low tire pressure or something caused by operator error.
If you think about the Tiger Woods crash, this is something that is becoming more and more prevalent in crash investigations/reconstructions. I was rear-ended by a camry a few years ago at a red light by an impaired driver. The "black Box" in the car showed that the vehicle was not braking at the time of the crash. It should still needs to go through the warrant/subpoena process though.
2021 Bronco First Edition - Lightning Blue - Black Interior - 4-door
Also in the Driveway: 2020 Ford Expedition Platinum, 2017 Ford Edge Titanium, 2008 BMW 335i, 2007 Infiniti G35x, 2002 Chevy Tahoe
TK1215, Shadowblade

Rank VI

May 28, 2021

If you think about the Tiger Woods crash, this is something that is becoming more and more prevalent in crash investigations/reconstructions. I was rear-ended by a camry a few years ago at a red light by an impaired driver. The "black Box" in the car showed that the vehicle was not braking at the time of the crash. It should still needs to go through the warrant/subpoena process though.
As someone that works with law enforcement to design and develop the tools to extract and do forensics on these type incidents. Yes, we have to have a warrant/subpoena. This data is really helpful. But it’s not just the car that can tell us things. Other electronics in the vehicle can too. Information is a powerful thing. I’m glad they have it for when it’s needed. I just hope they protect it properly, because if not... We all know what happened to the pipelines a few weeks ago...
Bronco Nation Member #2396
Ordered: First Edition w/Area 51, Onyx Interior, MIC Top
If you're not in a Ford Bronco, you better be on horseback.
RedCo, KennyMac

Rank VI

May 28, 2021

None of those. Slow crawling.
Mandatory Mall crawling for the first 1,000 miles. This is so all your neighbors will be jealous and order one. It has nothing to do with protecting the vehicle. $$$ LOL
Bronco Nation Member #2396
Ordered: First Edition w/Area 51, Onyx Interior, MIC Top
If you're not in a Ford Bronco, you better be on horseback.
Axcel_Foley, DRWright

Life is a Highway

May 29, 2021

I have gotten warrants for this very information and the courts really make you jump through hoops. The information and the process to get it is really interesting. We utilized the California Highway Patrol MAIT team. master mechanics, a pleasure to watch them work
Jakob1972, KennyMac
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Jun 04, 2021

The owner's manual is now live for dealer techs. I posted the PDF at the top of the thread. It will be available on https://owner.ford.com/ very soon for everyone else! But, you guys don't need that now :)
2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
Keeping the Jeeps: stock '89 XJ and 3.5" lifted '00 XJ on 31s
BuzzyBud, Jakob1972

Rank XII

Jun 04, 2021

...But, you guys don't need that now :)
You should know @Laura, "The Force" doesn't work on Bronco Nation Forum Members ;)

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Jun 04, 2021

The owner's manual is now live for dealer techs. I posted the PDF at the top of the thread. It will be available on https://owner.ford.com/ very soon for everyone else! But, you guys don't need that now :)
You have to post the service manual also when its available. This way I can annoy the salespeople AND the mechanics. :p
KennyMac, 2ndGenBroncoOwner

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Jun 04, 2021

They will use the data to deny warranty claims. Have to find it and disable it.
Jakob1972, PSUTE

Life is a Highway

Jun 05, 2021

They will use the data to deny warranty claims. Have to find it and disable it.
Had to take my 18 edge in for AC service. It had taken a crap. No issues with warranty
Jakob1972, Sdakotabronco

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Jun 05, 2021

Had to take my 18 edge in for AC service. It had taken a crap. No issues with warranty
Cadillac had a famous case in FLA in the 80s it recorded speed and duration of speed over 85 mph. Woman brought the car in for some problem and they said she voided the warranty.
I want a Bronco to get away from the spies not add more.
KennyMac, TK1215

Life is a Highway

Jun 05, 2021

Cadillac had a famous case in FLA in the 80s it recorded speed and duration of speed over 85 mph. Woman brought the car in for some problem and they said she voided the warranty.
I want a Bronco to get away from the spies not add more.
They will void your warranty for driving too slow!
Jakob1972, Sdakotabronco

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Jun 05, 2021

They will void your warranty for driving too slow!
I definitely do not have that problem.
Jakob1972, TK1215

Rank VI

Jun 05, 2021

The good news and the bad news, I will have totally memorized this manual by the time I finally receive my Wildtrak.
tmarshall4530, Sdakotabronco

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Jun 05, 2021

The good news and the bad news, I will have totally memorized this manual by the time I finally receive my Wildtrak.
Me too.
TK1215, LR48