Winch

JRHopp
Nov 07, 2021

Rank IV

Nov 07, 2021

I've been looking for a winch that is directly compatible with the HD Modular Front Bumper. My Bronco is already in the Q for a build, so I can't take the HD bumper off. I'd prefer to NOT upgrade the bumper AGAIN in order to attach a winch. Any suggestions for a winch that will be directly compatible without swapping out the bumper?
Last edited by a moderator: Nov 07, 2021

Rank VI

Nov 07, 2021

They don't make winches to match your bumper, they make bumpers and winch plates to allow installation of winches. Winches are, by and large, a standard mounting pattern. Either your bumper/winch plate matches or it doesn't.
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole
LR48, ResidualGenius

Rank IV

Nov 07, 2021

They don't make winches to match your bumper, they make bumpers and winch plates to allow installation of winches. Winches are, by and large, a standard mounting pattern. Either your bumper/winch plate matches or it doesn't.
What I’m wondering is if Ford was forward thinking enough to make the HD modular bumper compatible with any of the already available winches. On the B&P early on there was a Warn winch option that was only available with the HDM bumper.

Rank VI

Nov 07, 2021

Warn has a mount for above which I’m not crazy about. Rough country has one for below (hidden) I’m unsure how I feel about it. I’m going to wait until it’s delivered to see what I can fabricate. I’m considering spacing the bumper further out to make room between the frame rails. But there’s no way in hell I’m spending $3500 on a Chinese warn winch option. You can buy the same setup for less than $1000 aftermarket. I’m also considering a rear mount.
AcesandEights

Rank VI

Nov 07, 2021

Yep, Warn will make a winch plate that is compatible with the bumper. You buy the Bronco, then buy the plate after the fact and mount the plate to the bumper and the winch to the plate.

Rank V

Nov 08, 2021

I'm in the same boat with the modular bumper. I don't want to buy a different one but the Ford accessory one is overpriced and sticks out pretty far. The rough country hidden winch is cool but isn't compatible with the 2.7...Im probably going to end up fabbing up something on my own.

Rank I

Nov 11, 2021

Warn has a mount for above which I’m not crazy about. Rough country has one for below (hidden) I’m unsure how I feel about it. I’m going to wait until it’s delivered to see what I can fabricate. I’m considering spacing the bumper further out to make room between the frame rails. But there’s no way in hell I’m spending $3500 on a Chinese warn winch option. You can buy the same setup for less than $1000 aftermarket. I’m also considering a rear mount.
I don’t like the OEM Warn option as it sticks way out and blocks the front camera which is an awesome feature that I loved when wheeling with my new Badlands. I like the Rough Country look of the hidden mount but I reached out to them and it’s not compatible with the 2.7 as the intercooler is where they mount the winch and the bumper it’s designed for is not the modulate one. I’m leaning towards getting the BodyGuard front bumper but it’s pricey and I really like the factory modular bumper.

Rank VI

Nov 11, 2021

I don’t have my badlands yet. Is there room to relocate the intercooler?

Rank I

Nov 11, 2021

From what I’ve read yes it’s possible but I haven’t seen any detail on anyone doing it. I did see one guy who said he did use the RC hidden mount on a modular bumper with some customization but I think he had the 4 cylinder engine so no intercooler. It was in a review of the winch mount. Take a look here- https://www.roughcountry.com/hidden-winch-mount-51054c.html?find=2021-ford-bronco-4wd-784415

Rank VI

Nov 11, 2021

Warn does makes winches that fit and this from the Ford accessory catalog.

I've been looking for a winch that is directly compatible with the HD Modular Front Bumper. My Bronco is already in the Q for a build, so I can't take the HD bumper off. I'd prefer to NOT upgrade the bumper AGAIN in order to attach a winch. Any suggestions for a winch that will be directly compatible without swapping out the bumper?

Warn does makes winches that fit and this from the Ford accessory catalog. Winch & Winch Mounting Solution Kit
MD2Z-19E356-X1.
$2,500.00
I saw a Bronco at the Off-Rodeo in Texas that had the Warn winch installed, but the caveat was that you lost the use of the front camera etc.

Rank VI

Nov 11, 2021

From the off_Rodeo Texas
Screen Shot 2021-11-11 at 12.29.51 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-11-11 at 12.34.42 PM.png

Rank VI

Nov 11, 2021

I think we've all seen that, but that people are looking for a better solution than the $2500 winch that sits way out front there. BTW, I don't see a problem with that mount except losing the camera, which I don't care for anyway. You need to have a good reinforcement as the winch wants to pull itself off the plate, maybe with some downward force, but it's certainly done all the time. It's not that different than the way my own winch is mounted.
Xpathf1nderX, CDDIDDY

Rank VI

Nov 11, 2021

From what I’ve read yes it’s possible but I haven’t seen any detail on anyone doing it. I did see one guy who said he did use the RC hidden mount on a modular bumper with some customization but I think he had the 4 cylinder engine so no intercooler. It was in a review of the winch mount. Take a look here- https://www.roughcountry.com/hidden-winch-mount-51054c.html?find=2021-ford-bronco-4wd-784415
He did a nice job. You can tell by the side view its a 2.3 no frame support behind the front tires. I’m thinking building spacers to bring the bumper forward a few inches. I think it’s a little deep set anyway. I’ll crossing that bridge when it’s in my driveway. Let me know what you do or if you see anything. I like the modular bumper.

Rank V

Nov 11, 2021

But there’s no way in hell I’m spending $3500 on a Chinese warn winch option. You can buy the same setup for less than $1000 aftermarket.

All Warn's winches with the exception of the VR line are built in the PNW. The Ford kit comes with a Zeon.

I personally like the Ford set up. It would be nice if it were a little tighter to the grill, and less expensive, but overall it ties into the strongest points of the truck, you still have tow hooks and easy access to the winch. And the Zeon is probably one of the best winch on the market. Seems like it’s relatively easy to take on and off if you don’t want to carry around your winch 24/7 too.
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 4 Door. Delivered on 10/1/2021
Dtrzyna07

Rank VI

Nov 11, 2021

All Warn's winches with the exception of the VR line are built in the PNW. The Ford kit comes with a Zeon.

I personally like the Ford set up. It would be nice if it were a little tighter to the grill, and less expensive, but overall it ties into the strongest points of the truck, you still have tow hooks and easy access to the winch. And the Zeon is probably one of the best winch on the market. Seems like it’s relatively easy to take on and off if you don’t want to carry around your winch 24/7 too.
Here is the setup on the Warn site. Nice looking bumper cost is about the same as the Ford setup.https://www.warn.com/elite-front-bumper-for-2021-ford-bronco-no-grille-guard-tube-107870

Rank I

Nov 12, 2021

He did a nice job. You can tell by the side view its a 2.3 no frame support behind the front tires. I’m thinking building spacers to bring the bumper forward a few inches. I think it’s a little deep set anyway. I’ll crossing that bridge when it’s in my driveway. Let me know what you do or if you see anything. I like the modular bumper.
I’ll let you know. I already bought the winch so probably won’t last long before I order something! I’m hoping a few more solutions come out of the Sema announcements over the next week or so. I really do like the modular bumper but after wheeling last weekend I really really like the front camera so don’t want to give that up. That’s why I don’t like the Warn factory option. I don’t think it looks bad, not great but no t bad either. I just won’t give up the front camera. It’s incredibly helpful when cresting steep hills and lining up your tires if you’re by yourself in the truck. The Bodyguard bumpers work with the camera, so taking sensors and adaptive CC. https://www.bodyguardbumpers.com/bronco-base-front-bumper-winch-mount

Rank I

Nov 12, 2021

I’ll let you know. I already bought the winch so probably won’t last long before I order something! I’m hoping a few more solutions come out of the Sema announcements over the next week or so. I really do like the modular bumper but after wheeling last weekend I really really like the front camera so don’t want to give that up. That’s why I don’t like the Warn factory option. I don’t think it looks bad, not great but no t bad either. I just won’t give up the front camera. It’s incredibly helpful when cresting steep hills and lining up your tires if you’re by yourself in the truck. The Bodyguard bumpers work with the camera, so taking sensors and adaptive CC. https://www.bodyguardbumpers.com/bronco-base-front-bumper-winch-mount
That was meant to show camera, parking sensors and adaptive CC.

Rank VI

Nov 18, 2021

Misimoto is designing an aftermarket intercooler to be relocated higher. Their plan is to make room for a hidden winch!
Bronco 202?

Rank IV

Nov 18, 2021

Misimoto is designing an aftermarket intercooler to be relocated higher. Their plan is to make room for a hidden winch!
https://thebronconation.com/forums/...ock-review-and-design-plans.7465/#post-104834

Rank 0

Jun 05, 2022

I have some questions. I asked half questions in this thread https://thebronconation.com/forums/threads/one-year-eighty reviews-anniversary.12380/ and going to ask some questions in this thread https://thebronconation.com/forums/threads/eightyreviews-winch.7552/.

1. Which was the first industrial robot?

2. List the name of the areas where the robotics can be applied?

Waiting for best answer as soon as possible. Thanks
ZeeMan