Today at Bronco Nation - Mon., 9-19-22

Laura
Sep 19, 2022
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Sep 19, 2022

As we get into the messiness of model year conversions, it's probably time to bring these back. If you've joined BN recently, welcome! I used to make these regularly to highlight news and issues to be aware of. Some good stuff too, like this callout of a great member in our community and cool trips you're going on and things you all are doing to your Broncos.

So, stepping back to the beginning of today, the MY (model year) 23 Order Guide dropped. You can find the full guide, supplied by @Deano Bronc in this thread. I remember the first order guide I looked at, and it was like reading an unfamiliar language. If you're in that space still, or you just want a quick digest, go to the article I put on the homepage today. If you have questions about what things mean, ask away, but we are all still waiting on price lists and Ford FAQs.

What can you do with this information? Nothing just yet. On Wednesday, September 21, the order banks open and the 2023 Build and Price goes live. When these things happen, you don't need to be the first to get your order in because Ford is still going by timestamp, but if it makes you feel comfortable, go ahead. Ford has laid out a series of procedures for order holders and reservation holders, and you can read about that and what you need to do here.

The main date everyone needs to pay attention to is Nov. 21. At that point, orders must be updated/confirmed and reservations must be converted to an order. Ford will be canceling all that have not made it to this step.

We will be reporting on pricing and price protection later this week, and we will be getting together with brand manager Matt to work out weird details, like can you 99 (priority code that means do not build) an order after updating/confirming if you want, say, the fabled Shadow Black Modular Hard Tops.

Keep the questions coming, and thank you all for helping each other out! Special shoutout to our mods and @RagnarKon for providing trusted insight and trail leadership).
2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
Keeping the Jeeps: stock '89 XJ and 3.5" lifted '00 XJ on 31s
Broncofly, tasker
Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2022

Rank VI

Sep 20, 2022

As we get into the messiness of model year conversions, it's probably time to bring these back. If you've joined BN recently, welcome! I used to make these regularly to highlight news and issues to be aware of. Some good stuff too, like this callout of a great member in our community and cool trips you're going on and things you all are doing to your Broncos.

So, stepping back to the beginning of today, the MY (model year) 23 Order Guide dropped. You can find the full guide, supplied by @Deano Bronc in this thread. I remember the first order guide I looked at, and it was like reading an unfamiliar language. If you're in that space still, or you just want a quick digest, go to the article I put on the homepage today. If you have questions about what things mean, ask away, but we are all still waiting on price lists and Ford FAQs.

What can you do with this information? Nothing just yet. On Wednesday, September 21, the order banks open and the 2023 Build and Price goes live. When these things happen, you don't need to be the first to get your order in because Ford is still going by timestamp, but if it makes you feel comfortable, go ahead. Ford has laid out a series of procedures for order holders and reservation holders, and you can read about that and what you need to do here.

The main date everyone needs to pay attention to is Nov. 21. At that point, orders must be updated/confirmed and reservations must be converted to an order. Ford will be canceling all that have not made it to this step.

We will be reporting on pricing and price protection later this week, and we will be getting together with brand manager Matt to work out weird details, like can you 99 (priority code that means do not build) an order after updating/confirming if you want, say, the fabled Shadow Black Modular Hard Tops.

Keep the questions coming, and thank you all for helping each other out! Special shoutout to our mods and @RagnarKon for providing trusted insight and trail leadership).

But it’s also worth mentioning that the Scheduling sheet shows 10/06 as the first week of Scheduling for 2023. So, while 11/21 is the overall most important date, having your conversion squared away by 10/06 would be a good idea.

20D87C0A-4F3E-4878-A5CA-2B706D5C191B.jpeg
Badlands | Sasquatch | Cyber Orange | 2.7L | Lux | Soft Top
Mikes2021Bronco, RoboticsRob

Rank VI

Sep 20, 2022

That being said, I’m sure they will find multiple ways to disappoint us between now and then.
Badlands | Sasquatch | Cyber Orange | 2.7L | Lux | Soft Top
SlashRacer

Grumpy Young Man

Sep 20, 2022

Just verifying that if the name attached to my order via my ford account matches my driver’s license I’m good to go as far as COVP is concerned?

Rank 0

Sep 20, 2022

Laura, please get clarification on what the "modular hard top" features will be.
1. Are the new top's going to have removable side windows? Will that be on both the 2-door and 4-door?

2. Is the "gunner's hatch" going to be available? Will that be just on the 2-door.

This information is an important tool to have, we are all deciding on what available modules to buy.

Thank you in advance for clarifying with accurate information and putting this subject to rest.
Laura
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Sep 20, 2022

Laura, please get clarification on what the "modular hard top" features will be.
1. Are the new top's going to have removable side windows? Will that be on both the 2-door and 4-door?

2. Is the "gunner's hatch" going to be available? Will that be just on the 2-door.

This information is an important tool to have, we are all deciding on what available modules to buy.

Thank you in advance for clarifying with accurate information and putting this subject to rest.
I went to go see a pre-production mod top today and am going to write that up with some pics.

1. The original plan was 2- and 4-door had removable side windows. I will try to find out by tomorrow if that's the case on Heritage.
2. Gunner's hatch is available, but it is only for the 2-door.
2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
87BroncoVB

Rank 0

Sep 20, 2022

I went to go see a pre-production mod top today and am going to write that up with some pics.

1. The original plan was 2- and 4-door had removable side windows. I will try to find out by tomorrow if that's the case on Heritage.
2. Gunner's hatch is available, but it is only for the 2-door.

Thank you Laura. I look forward to getting the info.
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Sep 20, 2022

Thank you Laura. I look forward to getting the info.
I've sent off the request to Matt.

Rank 0

Sep 23, 2022

Laura,
Any response from Matt about confirming if side windows on "MOD TOP" are going to be removable?
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Sep 23, 2022

Laura,
Any response from Matt about confirming if side windows on "MOD TOP" are going to be removable?
He's checking. The ones on the Heritage and Heritage Limited were not, but they are pre-production models like the one we reviewed in the article and pre-production items commonly don't have all the features. He said that removable windows is the intent of the design.