Texas last minute Do’s and Dont’s?

Patriot
Jan 05, 2022

Rank III

Jan 05, 2022

Headed to off rodeo Texas Friday January 7. Any last minute do’s and dont’s to share?
'22 2DR Wildtrack Eruption Green, Lux, Brush Bar, Roof Rack, Tow
TorgSurv, Kathleen
Last edited by a moderator: Jan 05, 2022

Rank VI

Jan 05, 2022

Headed to off rodeo Texas Friday January 7. Any last minute do’s and dont’s to share?

Do go to at least one hill country BBQ joint like coopers, Franklin's, salt lick, etc. while you're down there. [Too many to list them all] We went to salt lick in Driftwood and loved it! Cooper's in Llano is great as well!

Staying at the horseshoe bay resort was very convenient, as the owner also owns the land the off roadeo site is located. So there is a free shuttle service and they are located not more than 10 minutes apart if you chose to drive yourself there.

Do also have a blast driving and trying out the Broncos on the trails and ask a lot of questions. Be sure to try all of the features out at least once and ask about any you want more knowledge about. The guides are there for a reason!!!

Do pick up any off roadeo gear you like, while you are there, as it is the only way to get access to those items to date. Once you are gone, you've missed out on them for now. They've talked about opening an off roadeo store, but it hasn't happened yet, and I would still expect some things to be available at the sites only, even if this does come to pass..

Do ask for stickers and answer qs to get them, or you wont get them, as they are not available anywhere else and most are site specific. They were almost out when I was there sadly, so I didn't get as many as I would've liked to have. But they have really cool collectible off roadeo stickers at each site.

They feed you lunch and dinner and both meals were very good. But eat a good breakfast that morning and I also suggest bringing a small pack with snacks and at least water, as once your on the trails, there is no access to either, unless you brought some with you. I take that back, we did make one pit stop where they had drinks and snacks about half way through the day, but still best to have some with you in case.

You're going to have a lot of fun!!!
TorgSurv, Kathleen

Rank III

Jan 05, 2022

^^Great tips, thank you.

Rank VI

Jan 05, 2022

^^Great tips, thank you.
updated my post to give you a bit more info/advice.

Trusted and Carefree

Jan 05, 2022

Bring coffee. I cant speak to Texas, but there was not coffee on site at Nevada. I am not fit for human consumption before I have my morning joe. Fortunately, I planned around this issue and arrived on site with a thermos in hand. Some other folks did not and were looking for a cup.

Also- check your ego at the door and listen to the instructors. Its a different beast than some of the other off-road vehicles I have driven. I initially had a little problem with the steering- it is very responsive at low/no speed and I was overcorrecting a bunch. Trust the instructors and the tech and you will be fine.

Other than that, be ready to have a great time. And one more PS- the food on site in Nevada was awesome, and I imagine it is the same in TX. Almost all of our group bounced out before dinner and they missed out. I never turn down a free (or pre-paid) meal.
2023 Wildtrak. "Sometimes you got to get lost, to get found" -J Bronco
TorgSurv, Patriot

Rank III

Jan 05, 2022

^^ Same here. On the subject of morning coffee, late last year my dentist told me some of the most frightful words I've ever heard. "Peter, you won't be able to drink coffee for about 72 hours." That was because of a dental procedure that he had performed. I thought I wouldn't make it. Ended up Googling 'Caffeine free drinks,' and found Celsius. Bought plenty at the local CVS and I was pleasantly surprised how good Celsius is, was never overly sweet, never got jitters, and just how pleasing and satisfying it was. Highly recommended.
Mal

Rank III

Jan 05, 2022

From other threads, the Bluebonnet Cafe in Marble Falls, and Cooper's BBQ in Llano are recommended. Any others nearby?
Kathleen

Moab or bust!!!

Jan 05, 2022

From other threads, the Bluebonnet Cafe in Marble Falls, and Cooper's BBQ in Llano are recommended. Any others nearby?
Take a look at this thread. I remember reading it when Austin was first announced. A lot of good info.
https://thebronconation.com/forums/...what-else-will-you-do-while-youre-there.2694/
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
Woods Bronco, TorgSurv

Rank IV

Jan 05, 2022

1. In hindsight I would have mounted my GoPro to the windshield with a command strip.
2. Get out of the seat. Instead of waiting your turn at the bigger obstacles, get out and watch how the others tackle it and how the broncos respond.
3. If you’re not bringing you’re own passenger, try to get first or last In line. The guides will jump in to ride along and you’ll get a lot of good instruction, feedback and discussion. Those folks love the bronco so much, they made it their job.

Have fun!
‘22 OB SAS LUX in memory of my 96 5G XLT ‘Wyatt’.
Woods Bronco, TorgSurv

Rank VI

Jan 05, 2022

Coopers is very good. Salt lick in driftwood is a 45 minute drive
Woods Bronco

Rank VI

Jan 05, 2022

1. In hindsight I would have mounted my GoPro to the windshield with a command strip.
2. Get out of the seat. Instead of waiting your turn at the bigger obstacles, get out and watch how the others tackle it and how the broncos respond.
3. If you’re not bringing you’re own passenger, try to get first or last In line. The guides will jump in to ride along and you’ll get a lot of good instruction, feedback and discussion. Those folks love the bronco so much, they made it their job.

Have fun!
Had a guide ride with me all day. Was great!
Woods Bronco

Rank VI

Jan 06, 2022

Great advice! Last night I booked a date in April for the TX Off Roadeo. Excited doesn't come close to capturing how I feel about going.

My April date is actually Easter weekend. Not sure if that's good or bad. Nah...nothing about it will be bad.
Kathleen
OBX, 4D, Soft top, 2.7, Cyber Orange, Lux, Tow, BO Leather; Order 4/3, Prod Week 11/29, Blend Date 12/1, Delivery 12/11/21
Woods Bronco

Gladesmen

Jan 06, 2022

Bluebonnet is the place to be for breakfast, but it will be very busy. If you go later get the pie-heck get the pie for breakfast too. Cooper’s is a medium tier BBQ place. If you want top tier BBQ I would take the trek to Austin and hit up Franklin, La Barbecue, or micklethwait craft meats ( my favorite). These places will sell out pretty quick. MCM usually has the shorter lines. stiles switch is a pretty good choice too they will have food all day. Salt lick is ok BBQ but it is more of the experience than the food and its BYOB.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
Woods Bronco

Rank VI

Jan 15, 2022

So how'd it go and what'd you think???
Kathleen, Woods Bronco

Rank VI

Feb 02, 2022

Did u go?