Reservations ON HOLD Indefinitely!

SuperMike
Aug 31, 2021

Rank V

Aug 31, 2021

I just saw where Car and Driver is reporting that Ford is now not taking new orders until OCTOBER, and that some dealerships are telling customers they’ll have to wait 6 months or for the 2023 MY!

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/amp37397727/ford-bronco-reservations-paused/
I’ll have to wait until tomorrow to contact my dealer, but had been waiting til Sept 13th based on other info. I placed my order in May, and paid $1000 down, but the dealer has been camping on it waiting for the 22MY to open up, I think.

(Mods: this may belong under Orders and Delivery… if so, my apologies)
Wildtrak ⁞ 4 DR ⁞ HOSS 3.0 ⁞ Area51 ⁞ Lux+Leather ⁞ Tow ⁞ MIC+Sunrider Top ⁞ Res 5/11/21, Rec'd 9/30/22

Rank V

Aug 31, 2021

Apparently this is based on a Detroit FP article:

https://www.freep.com/story/money/c...stem-paused-effective-immediately/5615744001/
Dealers will be able to place retail orders for the 2022 Bronco between October and December of this year with details coming soon, Ford said.

That said, it would appear that EXISTING reservations can still be converted:

Ford offered additional explanation:
  • "Can a customer place an order for a Bronco vehicle if they do not have a reservation? Yes, customers are encouraged to work directly with their dealer who can help with the ordering process, timing and options."
  • "If a customer already has a reservation for a Bronco vehicle but has not converted it to an order yet, can they still place an order? Yes. Dealers can convert existing reservations to orders with customer consent."
Wildtrak ⁞ 4 DR ⁞ HOSS 3.0 ⁞ Area51 ⁞ Lux+Leather ⁞ Tow ⁞ MIC+Sunrider Top ⁞ Res 5/11/21, Rec'd 9/30/22
Deano Bronc, SlashRacer

Rank V

Aug 31, 2021

7/14/20 Res, took delivery 4/7/22!!
A51 2 door Badlands, 2.7L, Sasquatch, Lux, MGV, MIC, Roof Rails, Tow

Rank V

Aug 31, 2021

Showed up in the News section of the forum a week ago...

Thanks and my apologies, then… this just hit the Detroit Freep yesterday and C&D today. I’ve had a crazy week at work so probably overlooked it. I guess if this isn’t news, it can be deleted. I looked and didn’t see any threads on it…

Rank VI

Sep 01, 2021

I just saw where Car and Driver is reporting that Ford is now not taking new orders until OCTOBER, and that some dealerships are telling customers they’ll have to wait 6 months or for the 2023 MY!

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/amp37397727/ford-bronco-reservations-paused/
I’ll have to wait until tomorrow to contact my dealer, but had been waiting til Sept 13th based on other info. I placed my order in May, and paid $1000 down, but the dealer has been camping on it waiting for the 22MY to open up, I think.

(Mods: this may belong under Orders and Delivery… if so, my apologies)
Yeah I accepted a month ago now I'm getting a MY23.
SuperMike

Rank V

Sep 01, 2021

Yeah I accepted a month ago now I'm getting a MY23.

I somewhat have, too... even if my dealer submits my order in the next month for the '22, I have no confidence I'll see it before NEXT fall (2022). Maybe happy 50th birthday to me. :p Fortunately I'm not in a situation where I NEED it, so more time to save up front $$ and borrow less.
Bronco_Girl

Rank VI

Sep 03, 2021

I somewhat have, too... even if my dealer submits my order in the next month for the '22, I have no confidence I'll see it before NEXT fall (2022). Maybe happy 50th birthday to me. :p Fortunately I'm not in a situation where I NEED it, so more time to save up front $$ and borrow less.
wow what an awesome 50th b-day present to yourself though!!!