Options that delay production time frame

Jrios
Oct 14, 2021

Rank III

Oct 14, 2021

Hey everyone,

I was at the dealer today esigning the MY22 conversion sheet and the manager told me that one of the options that is getting the most delays is the towing package.

What are the options that delay the build time frame?

This question may have been answered before but honestly I cant find when it was asked.

Thanks in advance
weshamm, KennyMac
Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2021
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Oct 14, 2021

Hey everyone,

I was at the dealer today esigning the MY22 conversion sheet and the manager told me that one of the options that is getting the most delays is the towing package.

This question may have been answered before but honestly I cant find when it was asked.

Thanks in advance
Hi Jrios, right now, commodity constraints circle around the hard top and tow package (at the end of September, we ran this on adding towing yourself later, because even as of two weeks ago, tow was holding up orders). Two-door models, Sasquatch, and the 2.7L engine have been issues in the past and may still be a problem, but those haven't been as hot in the news cycle lately.
2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
Keeping the Jeeps: stock '89 XJ and 3.5" lifted '00 XJ on 31s
WeakNinja, Rgwinn

Rank V

Oct 15, 2021

Hi Jrios, right now, commodity constraints circle around the hard top and tow package (at the end of September, we ran this on adding towing yourself later, because even as of two weeks ago, tow was holding up orders). Two-door models, Sasquatch, and the 2.7L engine have been issues in the past and may still be a problem, but those haven't been as hot in the news cycle lately.
I’m a little confused about the tow package delay. Lots of online sources saying it’s an issue but the salesman at the dealer told me it wasn’t causing delays. I went ahead and included it in the n my build but now I’m thinking of taking it off.
Velocity Blue, Black Diamond, Soft Top, 2.3L, Auto, Tow, Mid. In production since 2/1. Rotting on Ice Mountain.
Laura
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Oct 15, 2021

I’m a little confused about the tow package delay. Lots of online sources saying it’s an issue but the salesman at the dealer told me it wasn’t causing delays. I went ahead and included it in the n my build but now I’m thinking of taking it off.
A Ford contact told us directly that taking it off can potentially speed your order. I don't want to knock your salesman, because this stuff is very confusing to keep track of, but just know that's where we are coming from at BN.
2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
Keeping the Jeeps: stock '89 XJ and 3.5" lifted '00 XJ on 31s
Bike007b, Flip17

Don't Follow Me ,I'm about to do something Stupid

Oct 15, 2021

My dealer said to leave it on my build when we spoke today . He said every one that they have gotten delivered so far has had the tow pkg so he didn't think it was a big deal .
2Dr Badlands - MIC - Area51 - 2.7 Auto - MGV - Headliner - High Pkg
Reserved 7/20/20 Delivered 5/6/23
"Ford said, hey we're gonna fulfill all reservations and pre-orders before we build stock units."
KennyMac, Rgwinn

Rank II

Oct 15, 2021

So if you order a base, 4 dr soft top with a 2.3 and manual tranny you’re good. If you want options on your vehicle, well ……………
KennyMac, okie4570

Rank V

Oct 15, 2021

I'm sticking with my 2 door. Can't figure why Ford now offers a soft top extra option for the 2 door but not a factory installed option. So us 2 door folks are still getting passed by in the MY22 builds.
Base 2-door, 2.3L, 7 spd, MIC Top, Oxford White, Roof Rails, Modular Bumper, Headliner, Floor Liners, Aux Switches
Build week of 2-7-22, Build 2-10-22, WS 2/18, New Blend 2/25, Built 2/27, del 3/2
KennyMac, okie4570

Rank III

Oct 15, 2021

hopefully the 2.7 is not an issue anymore.
mike hancho III, Laura

Rank III

Oct 15, 2021

thanks Laura
Bike007b, Laura

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Oct 15, 2021

I'm sticking with my 2 door. Can't figure why Ford now offers a soft top extra option for the 2 door but not a factory installed option. So us 2 door folks are still getting passed by in the MY22 builds.
Yup its going to be 23.

Rank V

Oct 15, 2021

Hey everyone,

Thanks in advance
I didn't see the tow package tonight for the base model @ Ford. it was there in 2020 when I placed my order then. i have to reorder.
Baja on! As Ford Spanked the competition in 1969, in the Baja 1000, NO OTHER AUTOMAKER HAS, replicated in 50 plus years

Rank V

Oct 15, 2021

I didn't see the tow package tonight for the base model @ Ford. it was there in 2020 when I placed my order then. i have to reorder.
Never an option on the Base...
'21 AMB Basesquatch 2 Door. 2.7. 569 days from reservation to delivery
Rydfree

Rank V

Oct 15, 2021

Never an option on the Base...
Your right, i just dug up my original order. It's been so long and I have looked at so many other vehicles since July 20, 2020.... I ordered a Maverick. It has the tow package.
Baja on! As Ford Spanked the competition in 1969, in the Baja 1000, NO OTHER AUTOMAKER HAS, replicated in 50 plus years
jimFish, PSUTE

Rank V

Oct 15, 2021

Laura, I placed an order way back for a Oxford White, 2 door, Base, v-6, auto, sasquatch, and aux lights pk. Do you know of more delays for that model? I did get the Ford e-mail about my dealer contacting me, and I should go to the Build page because of color changes, which I will change to Eruption Green., but that is it. Jan 2022, maybe?

Rank V

Oct 15, 2021

Oh, my dealer has a Base four door with v-6 and and auto and grey for sale. Not my cup of tea.
GROTHIUS12

Rank IV

Oct 15, 2021

I have a 2021 with towing package and got a date for production in Nov. how could I tell if this is being delayed now?

Libations MOD

Oct 15, 2021

easy question = FORD
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
jimFish, okie4570

Rank III

Oct 15, 2021

Unless there’s a special chip, which I can’t see a reason for, the only reason the tow package could possibly still be an issue after the long MIC top delay are wiring connectors. I have no idea why these are a problem but during my long career in manufacturing items such as specialized Molex connectors could pop up every now and then with lead times in excess of 9 months. The connectors were either being used on high margin consumer goods that are in high demand or are custom to the tow package and Ford can’t get extra capacity from the supplier.

All that said I suspect the tow package constraint has been resolved after the long MIC top delay plus Ford hasn’t mentioned it, or any other commodities other than the MIC, in any of their recent emails. But, since I’ve got it on my order I strongly encourage everyone to take it off their MY2022 order!
Big Ragu, KennyMac

Rank V

Oct 15, 2021

There isn't any official work from Ford since months ago they said the hard tops and tow packages were in short supply. That was at the time they were begging everyone to cancel the hard tops, which I did. Within about 1 month, I had a build date, and I have a very late reservation. Big Bend, 2.3 Manual, coming any week now. But by now, those constraints are probably over. Certainly for someone that just ordered a 2022....by mid year next year everything will be fine. Just order what you want, Ford has a huge backlog of other bronco orders before you, what you order now isn't going to slow you down....that is.
Steve5205, Flip17

Rank II

Oct 15, 2021

Hey everyone,

Thanks in advance
I read that too, but certainly wasn't the case for me. I order mine in September and build date is end of November.