MY22 Sasquatch Pricing | Making Sense of the Confusion

David
Oct 14, 2021

Rank VI

Oct 14, 2021

TL;DR - Sasquatch pricing didn't go up, it added transmission price into the package. Total price stayed the same across most builds and some lowered in price if you add in price protection. What we didn't see was a significant decrease in the overall price of builds when configured with manual/Sasquatch but these builds can add the automatic transmission without cost.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last week, when the MY22 Bronco Order Guide and pricing lists made their way into the public eye, the Bronco community noticed that Sasquatch pricing seemed off. Manual/Sasquatch and Auto/Sasquatch combos weren't producing differences in price that some expected. After extensive conversations with our contacts at Ford on this issue, here's my report.

My understanding of Ford's stance is that Sasquatch pricing didn't change, they moved the price of the transmission into the package and that pricing protection will take care of the balance for folks whose MY22 build includes a manual with Sasquatch. To test this, I went to the Build and Price for both MY21 and MY22 and built out a 4-door Broncos with Sasquatch. I added no other items to the builds. The MY21 Badlands came to $50,175 without the acquisition fee. The MY22 Badlands came to $50,425, a difference of $250. A 4-Door Base with Sasquatch produced the same $250 difference. Then I ran the other trims through the same exercise and they also produced the same $250 difference with the exception of Wildtrak, which produced no difference.

This tells me that the price of Sasquatch package hasn't changed and that $250 is probably the year over year price increase across the board for Bronco, except for Wildtrak which now has a soft top instead of a hard top standard. It does seem like transmission costs are baked into MY '22 Sasquatch since adding an automatic transmission to trims that have a manual standard produces no extra cost in your build. However, if you figured that MY22 Sasquatch on a Badlands should produce a $1595 savings year over year then you'll be disappointed. But you won't be as disappointed as you might expect to be because it's not a $1595 increase for a MY22 Badlands with Sasquatch, it's a $250 increase from a year over year adjustment and you get an automatic transmission as a no cost option. On top of that, you have price protection if you ordered/reserved by 19 MAR 2021 so if you're perfectly fine with the new bumper, you're pocketing $575 when you take $250 from the $875 in protection that is being provided for 4-Door Badlands.

Below are the numbers that an academically mediocre forum admin with a liberal arts degree put together in an effort to make some sense of this. Enjoy.

Screen Shot 2021-10-14 at 2.20.18 PM.png
Bronco Nation Member #144
David in the Bronco Nation Forums
BroncoTroubadour on Instagram
bdawson24, davebear13
Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2021

Rank IV

Oct 14, 2021

so if we want the manual with the Sasquatch we have to be happy to pay for the auto and not speak a word of it? This whole explanation is a load of
richtor, Bronco 202?

Rank VI

Oct 14, 2021

so if we want the manual with the Sasquatch we have to be happy to pay for the auto and not speak a word of it? This whole explanation is a load of

As I said above, if you were expecting your Sasquatch build to be $1595 cheaper because you stuck with manual, you’re going to be disappointed and I can understand that. But you can save over $500 year over year with price protections on a Badlands with Sasquatch. For a year over year price increase to net out at a $500 savings strikes me as noteworthy. Especially when you can get an automatic with those same savings and pick up Trail Turn Assist, Trail One Pedal Drive, and Trail Control in the bargain.

Burrito Connoisseur

Oct 14, 2021

For anyone who is getting the Sasquatch package… after you add the package in Build & Price, scroll down to the bottom. You should see that your automatic transmission (which is normally $1595), should now have a $0 price tag attached to it. Which reflects what @David is saying… the price hasn’t changed if you previously ordered the Sasquatch package in 2021.

There definitely seems to be some quirks with the 2022 Build and Price at the moment, sometimes it’ll strip certain options away or add new options without explicitly telling you. But the Summary on the buttom of the B&P seems to be okay—so I’d definitely peak at that before you print & submit to the dealer.
2022 4dr Badlands, 2.3L Manual, Mid pkg
YouTube: youtube.com/@ragnarkon
Rydfree, WeakNinja

Rank IV

Oct 14, 2021

Way to go Ford with not only coming short with the build but making us pay for items we options we don’t want
richtor, davebear13

Rank VI

Oct 15, 2021

I cannot, for the life of me understand why Ford just can't be honest about this!

This is Ford's messaging...
Badlands Base config($46,335) + A/T ($1595) + Sasquatch ($2495) = $50,425
Badlands Base config($46,335) + jack squat + Sasquatch ($2495) = $48,830, just kidding we're still gonna charge you $50,425.
You can read that one of two ways. Sasquatch really costs $4090 and Ford is being Santa Clause and giving away free A/T's. Or Ford is being the Grinch and taking $1595 from MT buyers for nothing.

If you hired @tlowell01's marketing messaging service, the messaging would have been...
Badlands Base config($46,335) + A/T ($1595) + Sasquatch ($2495) = $50,425
Badlands Base config($46,335) + R/D cost of engineering the MT w/ Sasquatch solution ($1595) + Sasquatch ($2495) = $50,425

I don't doubt that Ford incurred real cost to design/engineer/develop/test etc the MT+Sasquatch solution. It's fair that they amortize the cost of that work into the price buyers pay for the MT+Squatch package. WHY NOT JUST SAY IT?!?!?!?!?!?!
‘22, 4 door Badlands, 2.3l, MT, MIC top, lux, Sasquatch, tow. Velocity Blue.
Build Complete --> 5/5/2022. Delivered 5/25/2022.
Bronco Nation #1115
Bronco 202?, davebear13

Rank V

Oct 15, 2021

You can't make this stuff up
Base 2-door, 2.3L, 7 spd, MIC Top, Oxford White, Roof Rails, Modular Bumper, Headliner, Floor Liners, Aux Switches
Build week of 2-7-22, Build 2-10-22, WS 2/18, New Blend 2/25, Built 2/27, del 3/2

Rank 0

Oct 15, 2021

What a rip-off. I’m getting a 7MT no matter what. So Ford wants to charge me for an AT that I don’t want ? I guess I will be passing on the SAS option. Dumb move on Ford’s part….
richtor, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Oct 15, 2021

What a rip-off. I’m getting a 7MT no matter what. So Ford wants to charge me for an AT that I don’t want ? I guess I will be passing on the SAS option. Dumb move on Ford’s part….
I was giving it some thought when it seemed that it would just be the Sasquatch without the auto add-on but this is really messed up. How can anyone at Ford explain this pricing with a straight face.
Base 2-door, 2.3L, 7 spd, MIC Top, Oxford White, Roof Rails, Modular Bumper, Headliner, Floor Liners, Aux Switches
Build week of 2-7-22, Build 2-10-22, WS 2/18, New Blend 2/25, Built 2/27, del 3/2
ROCKO

Rank III

Oct 15, 2021

Fancy wordage doesnt make it right ..Trying to dig themselves out of a hole but Hole keeps getting deeper. And the dealers are helping them
ROCKO

Burrito Connoisseur

Oct 15, 2021

I hesitate to do this, because I know Ford’s response will be “well I guess they didn’t actually want the Sasquatch package after all” and just strip more options away from manual transmission users. But I’d feel guilty not saying it on this thread…

Due to the increased pricing on the Mansquatch (Manual trans w/ Sasquatch), it does not make sense to get the Sasquatch package with the manual transmission on any trim except for the 2 Door Base. The value-for-your-dollar just isn’t there on any other trim.

The Big Bend and Black Diamond Sasquatch pricing makes the price within $1000 of the Badlands trim (non-Sas), except neither the Big Bend nor Black Diamond have sway-bar disconnect. Meanwhile the base Badlands has almost everything the Sasquatch package has:
  • 4.7 axle drive ratio
  • Upgraded Bilstein suspension
  • Front locking differential
So what you miss out on the Sasquatch package is the 35” tires and the minor (less than 0.5”) lift… both of which can be solved easily aftermarket. What you gain is the sway-bar disconnect and all of the other upper trim features such as signature lighting, Baja GOAT mode, LED taillights, etc etc.

It also means it doesn’t make sense to do the Sasquatch package on the Badlands trim itself, as it is effectively a $4090 set of mud-terrain tires and a minor suspension lift. The lift can be solved with a less than $300-ish set of spacers, and a set of five 35” mud-terrain tires is around $1500. If you really wanted the beadlock-capable wheels, those are available as a standalone $995 option on Badlands. Making the overall cost around $3000-ish if you include installation. Cheaper than the Sasquatch package.

So yeah… unless you were shopping for a 2-door Base unit, just get the Badlands trim and make your own Sasquatch package using the aftermarket.

THAT SAID, the Sasquatch package is still an excellent value for the automatic transmission users on all of the trims. If you intend on doing a fair amount of off-roading, it really is a no-brainer.
davebear13, ROCKO

Rank IV

Oct 15, 2021

Is Ford just going to ignore this problem with man-squatch owners being forced to pay for an auto trans that won’t be used? @David
richtor

Rank VI

Oct 15, 2021

Is Ford just going to ignore this problem with man-squatch owners being forced to pay for an auto trans that won’t be used? @David

I do not expect them to share a different perspective, unless their current one changes.

Rank IV

Oct 15, 2021

I do not expect them to share a different perspective, unless their current one changes.
What a great way to say things won’t change unless they change! You are so helpful.

Burrito Connoisseur

Oct 15, 2021

What a great way to say things won’t change unless they change! You are so helpful.
To be fair to @David, he is not a Ford employee so ultimately he doesn’t have any sway. The most he can do is share what we in the Bronco community are saying with his Ford contacts.

Am I’m sure there are folks in the Bronco team within Ford that are lurking in these forums (and on the Bronco6G forums). But seems like the decision has already been made, so there is very little that can be done about it. Unless… as @David mention… Ford has a change of heart.
Deano Bronc, Bronc96

Libations MOD

Oct 15, 2021

SMDH :oops::oops:
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending

Rank IV

Oct 15, 2021

To be fair to @David, he is not a Ford employee so ultimately he doesn’t have any sway. The most he can do is share what we in the Bronco community are saying with his Ford contacts.

Am I’m sure there are folks in the Bronco team within Ford that are lurking in these forums (and on the Bronco6G forums). But seems like the decision has already been made, so there is very little that can be done about it. Unless… as @David mention… Ford has a change of heart.
I understand he doesn’t have a say but my understanding was the bronco nation worked closely with Ford. And just maybe they would help the community and pass our opinions over to Ford. But he sits there and won’t even agree it’s a messed up decision Ford made for those that want the man-squatch.
Bronco 202?, RagnarKon

Burrito Connoisseur

Oct 15, 2021

I understand he doesn’t have a say but my understanding was the bronco nation worked closely with Ford. And just maybe they would help the community and pass our opinions over to Ford. But he sits there and won’t even agree it’s a messed up decision Ford made for those that want the man-squatch.
Honestly I’m not sure what the relationship is between Ford and Bronco Nation is. My assumption is Ford hired Jackson-Dawson Communications (who I assume owns Bronco Nation) to promote the Bronco. If that’s the case, I doubt it would be appropriate for David or the other BN employees to openly trash FordMoCo in the forums.

The BN staff is definitely aware of the major community issues, and David definitely seems aware of this issue after talking to him about it on another thread. I would be very surprised if they didn’t share feedback with the Bronco team from this forum. But whether he can publicly talk about that relationship or not, I have no idea—probably not.
ROCKO

Rank VI

Oct 15, 2021

Honestly I’m not sure what the relationship is between Ford and Bronco Nation is. My assumption is Ford hired Jackson-Dawson Communications (which runs Bronco Nation) to promote the Bronco. If that’s the case, I doubt it would be appropriate for David or the other BN employees to openly trash FordMoCo in the forums.

The BN staff is definitely aware of the major community issues, and David definitely seems aware of this issue after talking to him about it on another thread. I would be very surprised if they didn’t share feedback with the Bronco team from this forum. But whether he can publicly talk about that relationship or not, I have no idea—probably not.

Let me provide some context.

We have shared the community's frustration with manual/Sasquatch pricing with the Ford folks that we are in regular contact with. They explained their perspective on the matter and we've shared that perspective in this post. Just so y'all have some understanding of how we operate, my first reaction to any community questions that come up in the Bronco Nation forum is contacting the folks at Ford and asking for answers. Sometimes those answers come quickly, especially when it's simple stuff like whether Badlands still includes rock rails even though the MY22 B&P isn't showing them. Other times there's no answer provided, for any number of reasons. A good example is the Ford Pass Performance App, haven't heard hide nor tail of that thing for awhile and we've been asking. Then there's the times when answers are given but we simply don't like them. This is one of those times, dealer allocations are another.

We ask, we provide whatever answer is given, if one is given at all. Hope this clears some things up.
Deano Bronc, SSQWTCH

AMMBD

Oct 15, 2021

MY dealer just told me, I do not qualify for the price protection with my order my Reservation is from July 2020 and I ordered the Bronco on June 1st are they telling me the truth?
AMMBD
2022 First Batch Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
2019 F350 King Ranch Dually