Sas pkg with manual bakes in auto cost?!

RagnarKon
Oct 13, 2021

Burrito Connoisseur

Oct 13, 2021

Forgive me... but I'm going to lean into some of the Bronco Nation moderators (@Laura / @David) to see if they can shoot us a question over to their Ford rep about the 2022 model.

If you option in the Sasquatch package with the manual transmission... it bakes in the cost of the automatic transmission without actually giving you an automatic transmission. Truthfully this is also what the price list said, and a lot of us in the community just assumed it was an error since the price list had multiple known errors, and it just doesn't make sense to have us pay the cost of an automatic transmission if we're not getting one.

But now I'm not so confident that the price list was incorrect. :confused:

Also... if anyone else gets the answer from their dealer, social media, etc. feel free to post the answer.
2022 4dr Badlands, 2.3L Manual, Mid pkg
YouTube: youtube.com/@ragnarkon
the poacher
Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2021

Rank VI

Oct 13, 2021

Forgive me... but I'm going to lean into some of the Bronco Nation moderators (@Laura / @David) to see if they can shoot us a question over to their Ford rep about the 2022 model.

If you option in the Sasquatch package with the manual transmission... it bakes in the cost of the automatic transmission without actually giving you an automatic transmission. Truthfully this is also what the price list said, and a lot of us in the community just assumed it was an error since the price list had multiple known errors, and it just doesn't make sense to have us pay the cost of an automatic transmission if we're not getting one.

But now I'm not so confident that the price list was incorrect. :confused:

Also... if anyone else gets the answer from their dealer, social media, etc. feel free to post the answer.
Ford has confirmed to us that Sasquatch pricing is not an error in pricing list. Manual and Automatic Sasquatch cost the same.
Bronco Nation Member #144
David in the Bronco Nation Forums
BroncoTroubadour on Instagram
CBWAR1, AcesandEights

Burrito Connoisseur

Oct 13, 2021

Thanks @David!

I'll admit that's one heck of a gut-punch by Ford. Get to pay for an automatic transmission without actually getting the automatic transmission.

old.jpg
CBWAR1, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Oct 13, 2021

Nothing like getting screwed on something they will most likely never build. Wonder why my last Ford was 25 years ago. Last time at a ford dealer was to order a Boss 302 and they refused to even give me a price.
Past - 87 Suz Sam; 76 ChevBlaz14 Rubi 2 Dr -35's First Auto 4wd. Ox Wht 2dr Base SAS, bumper, Flr-lin, 2.7 aux switches.
CBWAR1, Speed Devil

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Oct 13, 2021

Guess they dont want to sell them
CBWAR1, Speed Devil

Burrito Connoisseur

Oct 13, 2021

Guess they dont want to sell them
Yeah tell me about it.

So let me break it down how incredibly stupid this is.

If you have a 2-door on order...
  • If you have a Badlands on order... there is absolutely ZERO reason to get the Sasquatch package if you have a manual transmission. The Sasquatch package essentially just becomes a $4090 set of 35" mud-terrain tires. Save yourself money and get the 35s aftermarket.
  • If you have a Black Diamond on order... the Sasquatch package makes the order MORE expensive than the Badlands w/o Sasquatch. That combined with the previous point means it makes NO sense to get Black Diamond with Sasquatch.
  • If you have a Big Bend on order... the Sasquatch package makes it roughly the same cost as a base Badlands. So that combined with the 1st point means it makes NO sense to get Big Bend with Sasquatch.
If you have a 4-door on order...
  • On Badlands... much like the 2-door... is also ZERO reason to get the Sasquatch package because it is a $4090 set of tires.
  • On Black Diamond, there is less than a $1000 price difference between BD w/ Sas and BL w/o Sas. You would be stupid not to upgrade to the sway-bar disconnect for less than $1000.
  • On Big Bend... much like the 2-door ... the Sasquatch package makes it roughly the same cost as a base Badlands.
So essentially the ONLY trim where it makes sense to order a manual transmission with a Sasquatch package is the Base 2-door trim (it isn't even available in 4-Door). And even then... that's a super expensive upgrade.

What a epic fail.
davebear13, Speed Devil

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Oct 13, 2021

I wasn't even considering Sasquatch package after pricing it.I set the budget at 36k max whatever I can get for that price.
CBWAR1

Rank III

Oct 14, 2021

Yeah tell me about it.

So let me break it down how incredibly stupid this is.

If you have a 2-door on order...
  • If you have a Badlands on order... there is absolutely ZERO reason to get the Sasquatch package if you have a manual transmission. The Sasquatch package essentially just becomes a $4090 set of 35" mud-terrain tires. Save yourself money and get the 35s aftermarket.
  • If you have a Black Diamond on order... the Sasquatch package makes the order MORE expensive than the Badlands w/o Sasquatch. That combined with the previous point means it makes NO sense to get Black Diamond with Sasquatch.
  • If you have a Big Bend on order... the Sasquatch package makes it roughly the same cost as a base Badlands. So that combined with the 1st point means it makes NO sense to get Big Bend with Sasquatch.
If you have a 4-door on order...
  • On Badlands... much like the 2-door... is also ZERO reason to get the Sasquatch package because it is a $4090 set of tires.
  • On Black Diamond, there is less than a $1000 price difference between BD w/ Sas and BL w/o Sas. You would be stupid not to upgrade to the sway-bar disconnect for less than $1000.
  • On Big Bend... much like the 2-door ... the Sasquatch package makes it roughly the same cost as a base Badlands.
So essentially the ONLY trim where it makes sense to order a manual transmission with a Sasquatch package is the Base 2-door trim (it isn't even available in 4-Door). And even then... that's a super expensive upgrade.

What a epic fail.

I was actually pricing out my 2 door manual Big Bend with sasquatch package now vs 2 door black diamond with sasquatch. I added a heavy duty bumper and auxiliary switches on the Big Bend to make the order how I want it. The Black diamond includes the bumper and switches. When comparing the final cost of the Big Bend vs Black Diamond with the same specs, the Black Diamond was $2,000 more. From what I saw both had the same features added, unless I'm missing something that the Black Diamond has that is "special" versus the Big Bend?

Burrito Connoisseur

Oct 14, 2021

I was actually pricing out my 2 door manual Big Bend with sasquatch package now vs 2 door black diamond with sasquatch. I added a heavy duty bumper and auxiliary switches on the Big Bend to make the order how I want it. The Black diamond includes the bumper and switches. When comparing the final cost of the Big Bend vs Black Diamond with the same specs, the Black Diamond was $2,000 more. From what I saw both had the same features added, unless I'm missing something that the Black Diamond has that is "special" versus the Big Bend?
Ah… my bad I didn’t really make my point that clear yesterday because I was still really frustrated about the whole thing. I wasn’t comparing Big Bend to Black Diamond… I was comparing Big Bend to Badlands.
  • The Big Bend 2dr, with Aux switches, the bumper, and the Sasquatch package is $43,685
  • The base 2-door Badlands already comes with the Aux switches… as well as the upgraded axles, gear ratio, and upgraded suspension that is very similar to the Sasquatch package. In addition it also comes with the sway-bar disconnect, upgrading signature lighting, etc. Add on the heavy-duty bumper and the cost comes out to be $44,565.
So, in effect… it costs less than $1000 to upgrade to a vehicle with a sway-bar disconnect, and the only thing you would be missing out on is the 35” tires. That’s a no-brainer in my mind.

Even if you really wanted the 35” tires… a set of Goodyear Wrangler Territory 35” M/T ties (which is what the Sasquatch package comes with) is roughly $1500 for a set of five if you bought them separately. Meaning it is less than $2500 to upgrade to a sway-bar connect, and you get an extra set of tires that you can use when not off-roading to save MPG… or sell/trade/whatever.

That still makes more sense in my mind than going with the Sasquatch package on the Big Bend or Black Diamond trims.
Hobgoblin

Rank VI

Oct 14, 2021

BASE 2 dr with manual 7 speed and Squatch package, retail 39,200

and it's not just the tires, for me it will be the gearing and the Bilsteins AND all under warranty as well.....Good luck with your orders
Have (2) 73 Broncos as well as a 2 door manual shift Velocity Blue Sasquatch in da house!!

Rank V

Oct 14, 2021

Yup so I decided if there giving me the Auto I am taking it and adding the V6. That will show them. Wife is happier. Plus Bumper-push bar and switches. Rock rails vanished or I would add them too on the 2 door Base
Past - 87 Suz Sam; 76 ChevBlaz14 Rubi 2 Dr -35's First Auto 4wd. Ox Wht 2dr Base SAS, bumper, Flr-lin, 2.7 aux switches.

Rank III

Oct 14, 2021

Ah… my bad I didn’t really make my point that clear yesterday because I was still really frustrated about the whole thing. I wasn’t comparing Big Bend to Black Diamond… I was comparing Big Bend to Badlands.
  • The Big Bend 2dr, with Aux switches, the bumper, and the Sasquatch package is $43,685
  • The base 2-door Badlands already comes with the Aux switches… as well as the upgraded axles, gear ratio, and upgraded suspension that is in the Sasquatch package. In addition it also comes with the sway-bar disconnect, upgrading signature lighting, etc. Add on the heavy-duty bumper and the cost comes out to be $44,565.
So, in effect… it costs less than $1000 to upgrade to a vehicle with a sway-bar disconnect, and the only thing you would be missing out on is the 35” tires. That’s a no-brainer in my mind.

Even if you really wanted the 35” tires… a set of Goodyear Wrangler Territory 35” M/T ties (which is what the Sasquatch package comes with) is roughly $1500 for a set of five if you bought them separately. Meaning it is less than $2500 to upgrade to a sway-bar connect, and you get an extra set of tires that you can use when not off-roading to save MPG… or sell/trade/whatever.

That still makes more sense in my mind than going with the Sasquatch package on the Big Bend or Black Diamond trims.

So I was using the 2021 pricing, I just found the 2022 link for pricing so I'm just going over it all and doing my math again. Also PISSED that the sasquatch package went up in price and essentially I'm paying the "automatic transmission" price difference. That is incredibly messed up. Anyhow.. I wasn't planning on really off roading in my Bronco, because when I originally ordered it I had never gone off roading before. I've been out a couple times now in a Jeep and absolutely love it. I want the heavy duty front bumper, I want the front and rear locker. A sway bar disconnect would be amazing. So there is nothing different between the models except what is "standard" and originally included? You can add stuff to one model to make it have the same specs as another and there is nothing really different between them at that point. Until you get to the Badlands because you cant add the sway bar disconnect to the lower models.. correct? I'm new at this lol.

Last question, am I going to get screwed in pricing switching from a Big Bend to a Badlands because I'm locked in with the price for the original order? Am I going to have to pay that difference? The Big Bend is $400 price protection and Badlands is $975 for 2 door.

Burrito Connoisseur

Oct 14, 2021

So there is nothing different between the models except what is "standard" and originally included? You can add stuff to one model to make it have the same specs as another and there is nothing really different between them at that point. Until you get to the Badlands because you cant add the sway bar disconnect to the lower models.. correct?
Each trim has it's own unique flair, but it's largely either interior or exterior styling. From a strictly functionality perspective you can more or less option one trim to look like another trim... EXCEPT for the sway-bar disconnect, which is only available in Badlands.
Last question, am I going to get screwed in pricing switching from a Big Bend to a Badlands because I'm locked in with the price for the original order? Am I going to have to pay that difference? The Big Bend is $400 price protection and Badlands is $975 for 2 door.
Yeah, unfortunately, you're only going to get the $400 price protection. So you'll have to account for that in the final cost. The cost difference is largely due to the cost of the of the heavy-duty bumper, which used to be standard on Badlands but is now just an option. The standard Badlands bumper is called the "capable bumper", and looks similar to the plastic bumper that is on Big Bend, except it is made out of powder coated steel instead of plastic. If you do a search for Capable Bumper on Bronco Nation you should see a few posts/articles about it that gives the details.

EDIT: I should mention that the Sasquatch suspention and the base Badlands suspension are very similar but not 100% identical. The Sasquatch package has a minor (less than 1 inch) lift over the base Badlands suspension. Beyond that they're basically the same.

Rank VI

Oct 14, 2021

Been talking to Ford about this and running numbers, poke some holes in my argument here:

--------------------

Last week, when the MY22 Bronco Order Guide and pricing lists made their way into the public eye, the Bronco community noticed that Sasquatch pricing seemed off. Manual/Sasquatch and Auto/Sasquatch combos weren't producing differences in price that we expected. After extensive conversations with our contacts at Ford on this issue, here's my report.

Ford's stance is that Sasquatch pricing didn't change, they moved the price of the transmission into the package and that pricing protection will take care of the balance for folks whose MY22 build includes a manual with Sasquatch. To test this, I went to the Build and Price for both MY21 and MY22 and built out a 4-door Broncos with Sasquatch. I added no other items to the builds. The MY21 Badlands came to $50,175 without the acquisition fee. The MY22 Badlands came to $50,425, a difference of $250. A 4-Door Base with Sasquatch produced the same $250 difference. Then I ran the other trims through the same exercise and they also produced the same $250 difference with the exception of Wildtrak, which produced no difference.

This tells me that the price of Sasquatch package hasn't changed and that $250 is probably the year over year price increase across the board for Bronco, except for Wildtrak which now has a soft top instead of a hard top standard. It does seem like automatic transmission costs are baked into MY '22 Sasquatch since adding an automatic transmission to trims that have a manual standard produces no extra cost in your build. However, if you figured that MY22 Sasquatch on a Badlands should produce a $1595 savings year over year then you'll be disappointed. But you won't be as disappointed as you might expect to be because it's not a $1595 increase for a MY22 Badlands with Sasquatch, it's a $250 increase from a year over year adjustment and you get an automatic transmission as a no cost option. On top of that, you have price protection if you ordered/reserved by 19 MAR 2021 so if you're perfectly fine with the new bumper, you're pocketing $575 when you take $250 from the $875 in protection that is being provided for 4-Door Badlands.

Burrito Connoisseur

Oct 14, 2021

Been talking to Ford about this and running numbers, poke some holes in my argument here:

--------------------

Last week, when the MY22 Bronco Order Guide and pricing lists made their way into the public eye, the Bronco community noticed that Sasquatch pricing seemed off. Manual/Sasquatch and Auto/Sasquatch combos weren't producing differences in price that we expected. After extensive conversations with our contacts at Ford on this issue, here's my report.

Ford's stance is that Sasquatch pricing didn't change, they moved the price of the transmission into the package and that pricing protection will take care of the balance for folks whose MY22 build includes a manual with Sasquatch. To test this, I went to the Build and Price for both MY21 and MY22 and built out a 4-door Broncos with Sasquatch. I added no other items to the builds. The MY21 Badlands came to $50,175 without the acquisition fee. The MY22 Badlands came to $50,425, a difference of $250. A 4-Door Base with Sasquatch produced the same $250 difference. Then I ran the other trims through the same exercise and they also produced the same $250 difference with the exception of Wildtrak, which produced no difference.

This tells me that the price of Sasquatch package hasn't changed and that $250 is probably the year over year price increase across the board for Bronco, except for Wildtrak which now has a soft top instead of a hard top standard. It does seem like automatic transmission costs are baked into MY '22 Sasquatch since adding an automatic transmission to trims that have a manual standard produces no extra cost in your build. However, if you figured that MY22 Sasquatch on a Badlands should produce a $1595 savings year over year then you'll be disappointed. But you won't be as disappointed as you might expect to be because it's not a $1595 increase for a MY22 Badlands with Sasquatch, it's a $250 increase from a year over year adjustment and you get an automatic transmission as a no cost option. On top of that, you have price protection if you ordered/reserved by 19 MAR 2021 so if you're perfectly fine with the new bumper, you're pocketing $575 when you take $250 from the $875 in protection that is being provided for 4-Door Badlands.
Yes... I think you are on the right track.

Honestly this may just be how Ford prices things internally versus how the public sees prices externally.

If we look at Badlands for example, the... in the 2021 Build & Price, the Sasquatch package was listed as a $2,495 option. If you selected the $2,495 option, it automatically added on the $1,595 cost of the automatic transmission... for a total cost of $4090. But we (we being the public) saw the Sasquatch package as a $2,495 option that you could only get with the automatic transmission for 2021.
bronco21sas.PNG

We were told that package pricing was going to remain static for 2022, so we assumed that this $2,495 price would stick, even for manual transmission users. However, now the Sasquatch package is presented to us as a $4090 option.
bronco22sas.PNG
If you select the automatic transmission... which is normally $1595... the cost becomes $0. So for 2021 order holders looking to get the Sasquatch package, overall the cost in 2022 remains the same as 2021 as long as you factor in the price protection certificate.
summary22.PNG

The problem is that if you select the manual transmission... you are still paying the full $4090. There isn't a $1595 discount to account for the cost of the automatic transmission.
summary22mt.PNG

My assumption after looking at the 2022 Price List is that internally at Ford... the Sasquatch package was always $4,090 on Badlands and it always included the cost of the automatic transmission. This year the kept the package price $4090 and said "we didn't increase the cost". Which honestly is 100% true because it was the Sasquatch package wasn't even available on the manual transmission last year.

But from the customer's perspective, manual transmission users who are looking to get the Sasquatch package have to pay for the automatic transmission even though they aren't getting the automatic transmission.

Rank VI

Oct 14, 2021

So, you're not paying more for the manual transmission, you're getting the auto transmission for free!!!
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole
redvettx2

Rank VI

Oct 14, 2021

But from the customer's perspective, manual transmission users who are looking to get the Sasquatch package have to pay for the automatic transmission even though they aren't getting the automatic transmission.

Here's what I'm trying to figure out though, what should the manual cost? If you take Ford at their word that they moved the price of both transmissions into the cost of SAS and figure that when you add auto it's a $0 charge, what should we save on Mansquatch? Suppose there's no transmission cost in the base price until you add Sasquatch, I have trouble believing that but it's the argument from the blue oval side.
Deano Bronc, RagnarKon

Rank VI

Oct 14, 2021

WHAT i would also ask is if the stay bar disconnect is part of the Sasquatch package or only Badlands?
Have (2) 73 Broncos as well as a 2 door manual shift Velocity Blue Sasquatch in da house!!
AcesandEights

Rank VI

Oct 14, 2021

The vehicle has to come with a transmission, so there is a transmission, whatever that is that is rolled into the cost of the vehicle. There is a typically an upcharge for an auto. It doesn't have to be that way, but it usually is. So, maybe Ford doesn't have a different price for manual vs auto, or maybe the manual is the more expensive option. Either way though, they aren't selling a Bronco without a (whichever one) transmission.
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole

Rank III

Oct 15, 2021

The badmansquatch option, to me is worth it at the $2,495 price ($4,090-$1,595), at $4,090 it is too much. Besides, it doesn't say ______ transmission.
1634323579073.png