Have VIN - No Date

BettyBronco
Jan 14, 2022

Rank 0

Jan 14, 2022

Does anyone know how long it takes once you receive a VIN number to be scheduled for a production date?
Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2022

Rank VI

Jan 14, 2022

Does anyone know how long it takes once you receive a VIN number to be scheduled for a production date?

Maybe the emails are different nowadays, but when I got my VIN (email), it included this paragraph also.

1642167306916.png

Of course, I also got bumped 1st week of September to middle of October, which Ford didn't inform me of that until 1st week of October. Luckily I had someone over at B6G that was able to look it up and tell me before that.

So VIN typically also has initial schedule date. Window Sticker lands about a week prior to actual build date.

Edit: Your title makes it sound like you have a VIN. But then your post makes it appear that maybe you don't. So if you don't have a VIN yet.... well waiting for one can be anywhere from 1 to 15 months.
2021 Broncos - BaseSquatch 4dr. Rapid Red V6 Soft Top
Big Bed 4dr. AMB V6 Soft Top Tow (BIL's)
Nitto tires SUCK! You've been warned.

Rank 0

Jan 14, 2022

Maybe the emails are different nowadays, but when I got my VIN (email), it included this paragraph also.

View attachment 26050

Of course, I also got bumped 1st week of September to middle of October, which Ford didn't inform me of that until 1st week of October. Luckily I had someone over at B6G that was able to look it up and tell me before that.

So VIN typically also has initial schedule date. Window Sticker lands about a week prior to actual build date.

Edit: Your title makes it sound like you have a VIN. But then your post makes it appear that maybe you don't. So if you don't have a VIN yet.... well waiting for one can be anywhere from 1 to 15 months.

I do have a VIN but oddly enough no date. I never got an email but was able to call Ford Service and get the VIN. When I search the site with my Order Number and VIN it pulls everything up but but doesn't have aa scheduled date yet. :(

Rank VI

Jan 14, 2022

I do have a VIN but oddly enough no date. I never got an email but was able to call Ford Service and get the VIN. When I search the site with my Order Number and VIN it pulls everything up but but doesn't have aa scheduled date yet. :(

Now you're making me think way too hard at my age... I'm in those "can't remember shit" years. There are a few trackers out there... one returns a text file with a ton of garbage... but at the top, it show's blend date, delivery date... good information like that. I'd say try that tracker (wish I could remember which it was).

But if you literally have a VIN, your dealer "technically" should be able to see your projected build date. But I've found that very few dealers either know how to, or are willing to look that info up for the customer.

Edit: Let me add... having a VIN just means your Bronco is scheduled (for a particular week). The actual build date will arrive with your window sticker approx. 1 week prior to build.
2021 Broncos - BaseSquatch 4dr. Rapid Red V6 Soft Top
Big Bed 4dr. AMB V6 Soft Top Tow (BIL's)
Nitto tires SUCK! You've been warned.
LilMike73

Rank 0

Jan 14, 2022

Now you're making me think way too hard at my age... I'm in those "can't remember shit" years. There are a few trackers out there... one returns a text file with a ton of garbage... but at the top, it show's blend date, delivery date... good information like that. I'd say try that tracker (wish I could remember which it was).

But if you literally have a VIN, your dealer "technically" should be able to see your projected build date. But I've found that very few dealers either know how to, or are willing to look that info up for the customer.

Edit: Let me add... having a VIN just means your Bronco is scheduled (for a particular week). The actual build date will arrive with your window sticker approx. 1 week prior to build.

Thank you so much!!! FYI- I feel like I've always been in those "can't remember shit" years lol. But I am super excited for my BRONCO for sure!
EvlNvrDys

Rank III

Jan 14, 2022

If you check the reservation link it should have the scheduled week.

www.ford.com/buy/manage.html?reservationId=

Rank 0

Jan 14, 2022

If you check the reservation link it should have the scheduled week.

www.ford.com/buy/manage.html?reservationId=

I have an order code but no reservation number. I tried your link using the Order Code but it didn't work :(

Rank IV

Jan 14, 2022

Non reservation holders (like me) have a different communication experience and see different views on the backdoor urls. If you have VIN, call your dealer to get the current build date. We won’t get the delivery date populated in backdoor link probably until the window sticker is generated With the blend date Noted. We “may” get an email at that time, but until then I still have you check with my salesguy to see what their system shows. I ordered 8OCT21, 1st build date was 7FEB, last week was told changed to 14FEB.
i wish Ford would fix their APIs and online user interfaces. There would be less confusion, less frustration, and shorter hold time on their support lines. If they are moving toward EVs, they best get comfortable with their internal service technology sooner vs. later! I’m a Product Mgr at. Tech company and it’s so annoying they just don’t address their online service tools!
22 4DR Badlands Sasquatch 2.7 Oxford White Lux Soft Top
BettyBronco

Rank 0

Jan 14, 2022

How soon did everyone get a VIN after ordering?

Home, home on the range

Jan 14, 2022

Mine was about a month I think after I reordered in October.
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 2dr 2.3L manual Hot Pepper Red. Reserved 8/7/20. Ordered 1/23/21. Reordered 10/08/21. Scheduled week of January 24th 2022, delivered 2/24/2022

Rank 0

Jan 14, 2022

How soon did everyone get a VIN after ordering?

I ordered 11/29/21.. ordered without the constraints.. never got any emails outside of the order confirmation. I called Customer Service yesterday and was finally able to get an update that I had a VIN (but she wasn’t sure when it was actually generated)

Rank 0

Jan 14, 2022

What is the number to call to check on a VIN at Ford instead of the dealer?

Your unofficial Favorite Author

Jan 14, 2022

I can tell you from experience that you're golden with a VIN.

Had a vin before a build date, I wound up with a '21. Happy for ya btw Jessie
2dr Badlands 2.3 Manual w/Mid, Rapid Red
My blog, Mfcomics.net, my stories: https://payhip.com/MFComics

Rank 0

Jan 14, 2022

What is the number to call to check on a VIN at Ford instead of the dealer?

1-800-392-3673… I had to give them my order code and they asked for the dealership code (which at the time I didn’t have but she was able to look it up) and she was able to provide me with the VIN details
Deano Bronc, jgraham2013

Rank V

Jan 14, 2022

So you should have received the blend/ build week date long before the VIN (unless you were originally scheduled for earlier and then got bumped). For me, I received the email and tracker update on 12/16 for 2/7, so in a perfect world scenario, should get my VIN in the next week or so. BUT - I have heard they are behind since the holidays on sending update emails, so the best thing to do is call the hot line give them the VIN and they can tell you where you are in production. I talked to someone on here the other day that had my same 2/7 build week, and she was actually moved up to 1/31...

Rank III

Jan 14, 2022

This is how I tracked my Bronco: https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking

I never had a reservation either.

Rank 0

Jan 14, 2022

1-800-392-3673… I had to give them my order code and they asked for the dealership code (which at the time I didn’t have but she was able to look it up) and she was able to provide me with the VIN details
Thank you! Called and gave them my order number and Sales Code. They were able to pull up my order but no VIN just yet. She said should expect it soon as everything is running smoothly as far as production goes at the moment. Hopefully everything keeps running smoothly.
Order placed 11/29/21
2022 Wildtrak 4.7L Black High Package
MIC
4DR
Sasquatch
Deano Bronc, BettyBronco
OBXBroncoGuy

Jan 15, 2022

I’m surprised this wasnt share before, and if you would have checked to see about your window sticker here; Build and tracking links and a little search, the window sticker tells you quite a bit about your vehicle. At least more than anybody here can tell you. Well, except for 1-2 that has access to ford..
It’ll tell you how its going to be shipped to you, your blend date, and a few other things.

Rank III

Jan 15, 2022

View attachment 26050

If you have a VIN, you’re likely scheduled. Just call the Ford Customer Service line, tell them you have a VIN, and ask for your scheduled production date. They can look it up.

I never received my VIN or scheduled production date via email. I was only able to get them both by talking to Ford directly.
EvlNvrDys

Rank V

Jan 15, 2022

Getting the phone number was a big help thanks to BN.