Soft top interior seal coming unglued

delessio
Jul 27, 2022

Rank IV

Jul 27, 2022

Has anybody else had the glue start to come undone/sag on the interior of the soft top just above the driver's head? It just started happening to mine yesterday for the first time. I've had my bronco since October 2021 but there has been a nasty heat wave on the east coast - not good if the glue comes apart that easily. I'm having the dealer look at it since it's still under warranty. I'll post any updates I get.
EvlNvrDys
Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2022

Rank VI

Jul 27, 2022

Yep, already a thread about it. And it happened to me this past weekend.

https://thebronconation.com/forums/threads/soft-top-adhesive-fail.12146/
2021 Broncos - BaseSquatch 4dr. Rapid Red V6 Soft Top
Big Bed 4dr. AMB V6 Soft Top Tow (BIL's)
Nitto tires SUCK! You've been warned.
delessio

Rank V

Jul 27, 2022

Curious have you driven top open and if so at what speed?

Seeing this more and more. Its either related to direct prolonged heat if parking outside (no garage) and/or weaken'd seam from driving at speed with the soft top half open. More than likely heat related.

Suggestion if worried about this happening on your top (if not happened yet). I personally am releasing both latches up front when parked so the soft top isn't stretched to tight in high heat or direct sunlight. This may prolong your seam strength during summer months. Just gotta remember to re-secure both latches before departure and if cracked open even a hair...be mindful of rain as well.

I live in the SoCal desert where its very HOT and pretty humid these days as well. Temps range from 105-125. No issues with my soft top after almost a year of ownership. However, mine is parked in garage and if we ever open the soft top..we are either parked or driving no more than 40mph.

My garage temps get well above 120 but thankfully, no issues with my soft top as of today. My uneducated guess is HOT direct sunlight it cutting into the seam wiping out the adhesive bond.
2021Bronco☆2.3☆BL☆7MT☆4D☆A51☆SoftT☆ARRIVED 9/9/21☆SOLD 1/21/23☆NT Supports▪Consults▪Supply's Car Dealers, Vehicle Distributors, and Retail Customers Since 1992
delessio

Jul 27, 2022

Known issue. Bronco6g has a long thread on it as well. Mine hasn’t separated on the panels yet, but probably will be soon. I checked the seems and they come apart and the adhesive looks like it’s melting. The adhesive on the front corners of mine melted bad and leave stringy residue when I open the top. Don’t think it has anything to do with the top being open while driving and looks most likely to be heat related. No known fix that I’m aware of yet but get it documented by your dealer asap.
2022 Big Bend, 4 door, Cactus Grey, on 285/70/17 KO2s
delessio, NT AUTOMOTIVE

Rank VI

Jul 27, 2022

Known issue. Bronco6g has a long thread on it as well. Mine hasn’t separated on the panels yet, but probably will be soon. I checked the seems and they come apart and the adhesive looks like it’s melting. The adhesive on the front corners of mine melted bad and leave stringy residue when I open the top. Don’t think it has anything to do with the top being open while driving and looks most likely to be heat related. No known fix that I’m aware of yet but get it documented by your dealer asap.

I started to notice glue on the front corners probably a few weeks back. Never investigated at that time. Then this past weekend had the inside panel drop a little (2nd panel). Now I'm wondering how long til the front rips off :rolleyes:

Which idiots did they have make the soft tops? The same geniuses from Webasto that couldn't get the hard top right?
2021 Broncos - BaseSquatch 4dr. Rapid Red V6 Soft Top
Big Bed 4dr. AMB V6 Soft Top Tow (BIL's)
Nitto tires SUCK! You've been warned.
thgdfathr

Jul 27, 2022

I started to notice glue on the front corners probably a few weeks back. Never investigated at that time. Then this past weekend had the inside panel drop a little (2nd panel). Now I'm wondering how long til the front rips off :rolleyes:

Which idiots did they have make the soft tops? The same geniuses from Webasto that couldn't get the hard top right?
Appears so. And get this…the plastic trim part of the roof that’s at the front is turning yellow on mine. Another known issue. Hopefully not a wide spread issue, but lame anyways. The only part of the bronco I haven’t been impressed with is the soft top. Definitely could be way better quality.

Attachments

2022 Big Bend, 4 door, Cactus Grey, on 285/70/17 KO2s
EvlNvrDys

Rank IV

Jul 28, 2022

Went to the dealer to report this issue and Ford is replacing the entire top. So get to the dealer to get this fixed!!! It may take some time to get a new top but get the order in!
thgdfathr

Rank V

Jul 29, 2022

Went to the dealer to report this issue and Ford is replacing the entire top. So get to the dealer to get this fixed!!! It may take some time to get a new top but get the order in!
Interesting. Is the new soft top made differently? My soft top is fine. Asking for others experiencing same issue.
2021Bronco☆2.3☆BL☆7MT☆4D☆A51☆SoftT☆ARRIVED 9/9/21☆SOLD 1/21/23☆NT Supports▪Consults▪Supply's Car Dealers, Vehicle Distributors, and Retail Customers Since 1992

Rank IV

Jul 29, 2022

I’ll let you know once I get the new top
NT AUTOMOTIVE