BN News - Ford Communication to Dealers. MY22 Cutoff, Constraints, Ice Mountain

22OBX
Feb 23, 2022

Rank V

Feb 23, 2022

I haven’t seen anyone talking about the Ford communication that was sent to dealers yesterday. Looks like they are cutting off MY22 year on 3/7 but appears to be a MY22.5 and that is the model that has the new build and price increases attached to it. Am I reading that right?

Ford has sent a communication to dealers highlighting a variety of solutions and updates pertaining to Bronco order holders.
Here, we highlight key points that will impact you. All this information will publish on Ford’s FAQ site, however, we are told that won’t update until tomorrow.
2022 Model Year Order Banks Pausing After March 7
Similar to actions taken on Maverick, Ford is announcing that the order banks for MY22 Broncos (except Raptor) will close. This will allow Ford to prioritize the completion of orders already in.
While there are no guarantees, if you’d like a chance for a 2022 model, convert your reservation to an order before then, or, if you don’t have a reservation, place your order with your dealer. Alternatively, a small amount of stock units may be available on dealer lots for purchase.
New retail orders can be placed later this year when the MY23 order banks open later this year.
If you are on the fence about your current order, Ford is encouraging customers to update their orders prior to the March 7th cutoff.
The exception to the March 7 date is for the new MY22.5 product additions. The Job 2 order bank will open March 9. If you are trying to change your order to an Everglades, Raptor, or Wildtrak with HOSS 3.0; you will need to wait until March 9 to make that change.
Paint Protection Film (PPF) Removal from Orders
Ford has removed the PPF option from all orders except the 2022 Wildtrak to help build more ordered Broncos. This change requires no action by the customer, and orders will automatically be adjusted by $295.
If customers would like paint protection, contact your dealer about the dealer-installed PPF from the Bronco Accessory catalog. Installation carries an additional cost.
Stay tuned to Bronco Nation’s YouTube channel for a video on applying PPF.
Pricing Updates on B&P
Ford has confirmed that there are additional pricing increases for the MY22.5. These prices are reflected on the most recent build and price updates. Ford states that they will share additional information on how this impacts current reservation and unscheduled order holders ahead of order banks opening on March 9, 2022.
Customers who placed an order or reservation before March 19, 2021 fall under price protection and are not impacted by this.
Continued Constraints: Trailer Tow Package and Hard Top
If you’d like to have a better opportunity at getting your Bronco faster, Ford recommends switching to a soft top and removing the Trailer Tow option from your order. Ford says Trailer Tow “continues to be a high want item with 60% of orders including this feature and our build rate only capable of 35%.”
Ford has an alternative trailer tow hitch system that can be installed by your dealership. Contact your dealer to remove Trailer Tow from your order and ask about the Trailer Hitch Kit (#MB3Z-19D520-A) and 4-pin Wiring Harness for Trailer Hitch Kit (#FT1Z-15A416-A). If you require a 7-pin connection, keep the factory option selected.
Stay tuned to Bronco Nation’s YouTube channel for a video on installing the trailer tow kit and wiring harness.
Broncos on ‘Ice Mountain’ at Willow Run
By now, many in the community are aware of the backlog of Broncos parked at Willow Run, dubbed ‘Ice Mountain’ by the internet and guessed to be there for global chip-shortage reasons. Ford has confirmed this is correct.
Ford says there are a few thousand Broncos waiting, but vehicles are being updated and shipped daily. The goal is to have all of these updated within the next 90 days, pending chip availability.
FordPass Performance App Update
While no firm timing has been announced, Ford has confirmed the FordPass Performance App with Off-Road Navigation will launch in the 2022 calendar year.
You can read more about the features and capabilities of the app we’ve been excitedly waiting for in our four-part series.
BroncoUp, Mal
Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2022

Standing Grumpy Face

Feb 23, 2022

MACoe, jlaliberty

Rank V

Feb 23, 2022

(y):)

Rank VI

Feb 23, 2022

Gotta hang in there just a little longer!

Former full size owner

Feb 23, 2022

Wow actually some news for a change....
jlaliberty

Rank V

Feb 23, 2022

Wow actually some news for a change....
Its a shame it has to come from message boards instead of directly from Ford
Velocity Blue, Black Diamond, Soft Top, 2.3L, Auto, Tow, Mid. In production since 2/1. Rotting on Ice Mountain.
jlaliberty
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Feb 23, 2022

There will be a customer communication. Ford lets dealers know first so that they'll be properly equipped to help customers.
2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
Keeping the Jeeps: stock '89 XJ and 3.5" lifted '00 XJ on 31s
TeddiB, SlashRacer

Burrito Connoisseur

Feb 23, 2022

Yeah... it's weird that they would update Build & Price... and THEN update dealers and their FAQ site a day later. I can't help but wonder if they forgot about the President's Day holiday on Monday and no one was around to click the appropriate buttons to send out the dealer communications and whatnot.

I did get an email from my dealer early this morning about order banks closing on March 7th. So either dealer communications just got sent out, or my dealer reads Bronco Nation. :LOL:
2022 4dr Badlands, 2.3L Manual, Mid pkg
YouTube: youtube.com/@ragnarkon
Laura

Rank VI

Feb 23, 2022

This is more common sense in one communication from Ford than my brain can handle. I feel like I've seen a unicorn.

">via GIPHY

Badlands | Sasquatch | Cyber Orange | 2.7L | Lux | Soft Top
glamosaurus, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Feb 23, 2022

So what are they doing about the broncos going down the line as we speak ? They get chipped and go or do they head to ice mtn awaiting chip ?
WyoBronc

Rank VI

Feb 23, 2022

It was smart of them to reference to reference Ice Mountain. A subtle way to say "See....we're paying attention."
Badlands | Sasquatch | Cyber Orange | 2.7L | Lux | Soft Top
glamosaurus, Laura

Standing Grumpy Face

Feb 23, 2022

So what are they doing about the broncos going down the line as we speak ? They get chipped and go or do they head to ice mtn awaiting chip ?

I'm pretty sure it depends on how your Bronco is equipped.
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Feb 23, 2022

Yeah... it's weird that they would update Build & Price... and THEN update dealers and their FAQ site a day later. I can't help but wonder if they forgot about the President's Day holiday on Monday and no one was around to click the appropriate buttons to send out the dealer communications and whatnot.

I did get an email from my dealer early this morning about order banks closing on March 7th. So either dealer communications just got sent out, or my dealer reads Bronco Nation. :LOL:
We also have to remember all of us in the enthusiast community are like starving wild animals and go looking for any possible change, so what may be meant as a soft launch immediately becomes a hot issue lol.
2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
Battalion1, SlashRacer

Rank V

Feb 23, 2022

I'm pretty sure it depends on how your Bronco is equipped.
Was wondering if the chips vary based on pkg ?

Burrito Connoisseur

Feb 23, 2022

Depends. Some modules are common across all Broncos. Other modules are specific to individual trim levels and packages.

Generally speaking they'll do whatever allows them to ship the most amount of vehicles in the shortest amount of time. So they either shifted production to build Broncos they can complete... or they are building Rangers while they wait on components... or they are doing what they can with the Broncos and parking them on the lots.

From what we've seen posted by people living in Michigan, it sounds like the Ice Mountain population is (slowly) shrinking and not growing, so they are likely building completed vehicles.
2022 4dr Badlands, 2.3L Manual, Mid pkg
YouTube: youtube.com/@ragnarkon
Deano Bronc

Rank V

Feb 23, 2022

Good question, I'm in the same boat. Mine just says scheduled for production.
Big Bend 2-Door Carbonized Grey 2.7, Auto, MIC Res 7/18/2020, Order 1/19/2021, order 10/28/2021, Sticker 2/18/22. Product 2/21/22, Ship 3/4/22. Rec 3/23/22. Tires: 285/70R17/17x8.5 Black Rhino Abrams.

Rank V

Feb 23, 2022

In production with blend date 2/26
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Feb 23, 2022

@22OBX Thank you so much for starting this thread. I'm glad you're on top of the news! I'm going to close this one and add the link to last night's so we can meet in one spot.

BN: continue the conversation here.

Standing Grumpy Face

Feb 23, 2022

Oh I'm sure. There are separate chips for the tow package. Telemantic chips for GPS and modems. Chips pretty much control anything electronic based. Advance 4x4, heated seats, rear defogger, traction control. You get the idea.