Ford: Order Banks Pausing, PPF Removal, ‘Ice Mountain,’ FordPass Performance App, and More

Laura
Feb 23, 2022
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Feb 23, 2022

Head over to the latest news section to catch up on some key items:
  • Order banks pausing after March 7
  • PPF automatically removed from orders except Wildtrak
  • Pricing update acknowledgment with more info to come
  • Constrained items -- Tow Package and Hard Top
  • 'Ice Mountain' update
  • FordPass Performance App confirmed for this year.
2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
Keeping the Jeeps: stock '89 XJ and 3.5" lifted '00 XJ on 31s
Ditchrunner, Rgwinn
Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2022

Life is a Highway

Feb 23, 2022

• 'Ice Mountain' update
Thanks Laura you answered what I was going to ask. I little bird had informed me as to this earlier today
Big Papa, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Feb 23, 2022

"Pausing" the order banks, so they can concentrate on EXISTING (like, over a years' worth) orders, is at least a step in the right direction. Ok, maybe a half step.

Raising prices? Well, of course. Won't mean much to most people, since they don't have a Bronco in their driveway to pay for. But, hey, THANKS, Ford! Back a half step.

Mostly, It's Cardboard top still constrained? Naturally. Guess we'll just have to change our order to soft top....oh wait, can't do that for a 2 door. THANKS, FORD!
Bronco 202?, Crawler Green

Burrito Connoisseur

Feb 23, 2022

Patiently awaiting tomorrow's livestream.

Raising prices? Well, of course. Won't mean much to most people, since they don't have a Bronco in their driveway to pay for. But, hey, THANKS, Ford! Back a half step.
There is an extremely high chance chance any price increase won't impact those who have already placed an order. When they raised the prices on their other models earlier this month, anyone who had already submitted an order were locked into that price through the end of the model year.
2022 4dr Badlands, 2.3L Manual, Mid pkg
YouTube: youtube.com/@ragnarkon
Big Papa, Mal

Rank III

Feb 23, 2022

This is strange to me.

• Ford increases prices but then two weeks later they are closing order banks..huh? Are they just increasing prices on Broncos ordered in that two week timeframe?

• Ford is forcing removal of PPF from existing orders but still offers it as an option in the B&P tool.

Rank VI

Feb 23, 2022

I think they are closing the order banks so all "new" orders will have the new price reflected. They are probably going to allow people to "lock" in until the order banks close.
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole
BroncOitis, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Feb 23, 2022

This is honestly overdue. I was surprised when the Maverick order banks were paused before the Bronco.
2024 2 Door Big Bend | 2.3L I4 | 10 Speed Auto | Oxford White | Ordered 8-17-2023 | Build Date TBD |
Bronco 202?, SuperMike

Burrito Connoisseur

Feb 23, 2022

This is strange to me.
  • Ford increases prices but then two weeks later they are closing order banks..huh? Are they just increasing prices on Broncos ordered in that two week timeframe?
  • Ford is forcing removal of PPF from existing orders but still offers it as an option in the B&P tool.
My completely unconfirmed guess is the old model year 2022 prices will remain valid until March 7th. After that Ford will pause on taking new orders for 2022. If they are able to catch up later this year, they'll reopen the order banks for 2022 with the new increased pricing. My second guess is price increases went into effect today, which coincides with the other price increases Ford made to many of their other models a few weeks ago. BUT, both are just a guess at this point.

Supposedly Ford is updating the FAQ page tomorrow, and @Laura mentioned in another post that Bronco Nation is going to try to do a live stream with someone from the Ford Bronco team as soon as tomorrow. So hopefully we'll get more information then.
TailGunner, Mal

Gladesmen

Feb 23, 2022

As long as this helps us get our Broncos sooner than later. I can get onboard. But does this affect the ordering of the Everglades
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery

Burrito Connoisseur

Feb 23, 2022

As long as this helps us get our Broncos sooner than later. I can get onboard. But does this affect the ordering of the Everglades
Naw, it shouldn't impact Everglades.

I believe the Bronco Raptor order banks officially open on March 9th. Not sure Everglades will be at the same time, but I imagine it will... along with the HOSS 3.0 upgrade for the Wildtrak trim and the slide-out tailgate.
BroncOitis, Laura

Rank V

Feb 23, 2022

Thanks for the update @Laura. Bummed that more folks won't be able to get a Bronco, but also a little happy that maybe this will allow Ford to finish those of us on ice mountain.
Velocity Blue, Black Diamond, Soft Top, 2.3L, Auto, Tow, Mid. In production since 2/1. Rotting on Ice Mountain.
Laura
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Feb 23, 2022

Check out this thread by @22OBX for archived content -- thank you, friend! https://thebronconation.com/forums/...s-my22-cutoff-constraints-ice-mountain.10224/
2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
Keeping the Jeeps: stock '89 XJ and 3.5" lifted '00 XJ on 31s
22OBX, RagnarKon

Standing Grumpy Face

Feb 23, 2022

I am going to state my theory on PPF removal. It may be right and it may be wrong. There was probably a huge number of orders with PPF that were clogging up the pipeline. Removing PPF from all orders except Wildtraks is their way of pouring in a bottle of Drano. Or dropping in some Ex-Lax. Depending on how you view it. LOL
kmoran, SuperMike

Rank III

Feb 23, 2022

Thanks for the info! Doug is still trying to figure out if he should link to BN.
jparker, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Feb 23, 2022

I am going to state my theory on PPF removal. It may be right and it may be wrong. There was probably a huge number of orders with PPF that were clogging up the pipeline. Removing PPF from all orders except Wildtraks is their way of pouring in a bottle of Drano. Or dropping in some Ex-Lax. Depending on how you view it. LOL
In the other thread you mentioned something about chips for the tow package. My salesman told me that the way they understand the build process if you have a VIN then they have all the parts to build your Bronco... I have tow and they confirmed its built waiting on a chip. The big question I have is that despite my Bronco being built with tow, will it be further delayed because its waiting on a chip for the tow? At this point its built so its not like I can drop the tow. This is all a lot to try and figure out.
Velocity Blue, Black Diamond, Soft Top, 2.3L, Auto, Tow, Mid. In production since 2/1. Rotting on Ice Mountain.

Standing Grumpy Face

Feb 23, 2022

In the other thread you mentioned something about chips for the tow package. My salesman told me that the way they understand the build process if you have a VIN then they have all the parts to build your Bronco... I have tow and they confirmed its built waiting on a chip. The big question I have is that despite my Bronco being built with tow, will it be further delayed because its waiting on a chip for the tow? At this point its built so its not like I can drop the tow. This is all a lot to try and figure out.

That is not true. If that was the case there would not be thousands of Broncos sitting in wait on Ice Mountain. They may have all the parts to complete a build. But not necessarily the chips to make things fully functional.

As far as tow there is a chip involved with the 7 pin connection. That's why many people who only need a 4 pin have opted to drop the tow package and add it themselves later. Adding the 7 pin connection is much more involved.

Rank V

Feb 23, 2022

That is not true. If that was the case there would not be thousands of Broncos sitting in wait on Ice Mountain. They may have all the parts to complete a build. But not necessarily the chips to make things fully functional.

As far as tow there is a chip involved with the 7 pin connection. That's why many people who only need a 4 pin have opted to drop the tow package and add it themselves later. Adding the 7 pin connection is much more involved.
That's what I was saying. But now that its built I can't call the salesman and tell him to have a guy trot out to ice mountain and remove the tow package because I don't want to wait on the chip. I'm just kinda stuck in limbo.
WyoBronc, Big Papa

Standing Grumpy Face

Feb 23, 2022

That's what I was saying. But now that its built I can't call the salesman and tell him to have a guy trot out to ice mountain and remove the tow package because I don't want to wait on the chip. I'm just kinda stuck in limbo.

Yes unfortunately if you are on Ice Mountain you are in limbo until they get the specific chips needed to complete your build.
Big Papa

Rank V

Feb 23, 2022

• 'Ice Mountain' update
@Laura now this is what I'm talking about. Value added to membership for sure! :) Thank you
Bronco Nation Member #4410
22my | Outer Banks | Carb Grey | 2.7L V6 | MIC | LUX | Tow
Laura, Deano Bronc

🗻🏔️🏜️38°33'14.1"N 109°32'04.7"W🏜️🏔️🗻

Feb 23, 2022

"Pausing" the order banks, so they can concentrate on EXISTING (like, over a years' worth) orders, is at least a step in the right direction. Ok, maybe a half step.

Mostly, It's Cardboard top still constrained? Naturally. Guess we'll just have to change our order to soft top....oh wait, can't do that for a 2 door. THANKS, FORD!
I don't know if I can say this without changing the direction of this thread, I'm sure a moderator will let me know and I can always edit it. I just wanted to say you talk of these cardboard hard tops, that was the 1.0 version not the 2.0 version. I have a friend who's high up in this company that took the contract from Ford for the new 2.0 hardtops, he has assured me they are way better quality than what the 1.0 version was. He has also told me they are rolling them out at a pretty good rate, you should see the constrained number to these tops start to drop off as they are mass-producing these 2.0 tops. I didn't bring this up to step on your toes or have a "posting-war" I just wanted to make sure the facts got out there. I believe in another month or two we will be seeing some good numbers coming out from these 2.0 tops. I really trust this friend of mine with what he is telling me.
Thanks!
*632* Days to get A 2021 - 2022 -
2023 Big Bend - 2 Door 2.3L Velocity Blue, Squatched, Mid package, Running Boards, Roof Rack, and Engine Block heater.
IdahoBronco6G, 06harleygreen