Anyone else feel like Ford's lack of communication is a real slap in the face?

Calgecko
Mar 28, 2022

Official unofficial BN Photographer

Mar 28, 2022

Or is it just me?

Attachments

Reservation: 7/20/20 | MY '21 order: 2/1/21 | MY '22 order: 10/22/21 | Blend 8/5, built 8/8, 'built' status 8/27, in my driveway 10/12/22
Auto Photographer in Sacramento CA:
www.instagram.com/photographybymarkbrooks
EastTexasBronco, RussRider
Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2022

Life is a Highway

Mar 28, 2022

Or is it just me?
Thank you sir, can I have another!
the poacher, Darrel

Rank III

Mar 28, 2022

If they could just give me an estimate within a 3-month window, I’d appreciate it. If I’m going to be a 2023 model year, just let me know now.
RussRider, SAVEUP

Member 2541 Jerry

Mar 28, 2022

A slap in the face would require contact,
It’s more like a flipping of the bird.
2022 -2door Black Diamond
Mid Package
2.7. Velocity Blue.
RussRider, Bumbles1

Rank 0

Mar 28, 2022

My Wildtrak was built on 2/19 just received my has been shipped E mail yesterday
3bhansen, the poacher

Rank II

Mar 28, 2022

I think so... we should also hear more from the dealers
WT 4D EG lux mic tube steps Hoss 3.0 Res 7/17/2020
Order 1/21/21 Re-order 10/13/21 BD was 5/9 pushed to 5/23
Darrel, Calgecko

Rank V

Mar 28, 2022

December 17th, 2021
Dear Ford Bronco customer,
We will be starting the build of your Bronco the week of January 24th, 2022. We will then be parking it outside at one of our storage areas while we wait for the rest of your parts to complete your build. During this time we will continue to build other vehicles, some the exact same build as yours, and ship them off to people that ordered and reserved after you. By the way, thank you for paying $100 to be allowed into our made up reservation system. You will have your vehicle sometime in the future, but you are now locked into your build. As you see us release new models please know you can’t switch to another build or change your build. Gotcha! Please don’t hold your breath for your vehicle to be delivered. It’s going to be a while.
Respectfully,
@Ford Motor Company

You mean you didn’t receive a similar email? After reading it maybe you can guess why.
MY22 Badlands, Eruption Green, Sasquatch, 2.7, Lux. Res. Date 5/27/21, Ordered 10/15/21, On Ice Mountain…
RussRider, Bumbles1

Rank V

Mar 28, 2022

(28) No News | Bronco Nation Forum (thebronconation.com)

What's REALLY a slap in the face is how they continue to trumpet new model after new model, take reservations and orders for them, and ARE BUILDING AND DELIVERING THEM while thousands of us who reserved and ordered NEARLY TWO YEARS AGO still don't even have a build date. Or a VIN. Or ANYTHING.

FORD: Do NOT build a single Raptor, or Everglades, or even a goddamn skateboard, until the vehicles we reserved, and ordered, and made deposits on, over a year and a half ago, are built and delivered to US.
Rick SVTP51, monica_mcgee

Gladesmen

Mar 28, 2022

If they could just give me an estimate within a 3-month window, I’d appreciate it. If I’m going to be a 2023 model year, just let me know now.
heck I would be happy if they could give me a 9-12 month window. since I switched to a model that will only be a '22MY does that mean I will get one in '22 or not at all????????

(28) No News | Bronco Nation Forum (thebronconation.com)

What's REALLY a slap in the face is how they continue to trumpet new model after new model, take reservations and orders for them, and ARE BUILDING AND DELIVERING THEM while thousands of us who reserved and ordered NEARLY TWO YEARS AGO still don't even have a build date. Or a VIN. Or ANYTHING.

FORD: Do NOT build a single Raptor, or Everglades, or even a goddamn skateboard, until the vehicles we reserved, and ordered, and made deposits on, over a year and a half ago, are built and delivered to US.
Im trying to get an Everglades but I am a 7/20/20 reservation holder. I feel it is my best bet to get something I would really like and hopefully get it before the end of summer. It is sad that I have to jump the line in front of recent orders.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
RussRider, Darrel

Rank 0

Mar 28, 2022

I have been saying this for weeks!! I was just talking to my boyfriend and I’m kind of desperate because I haven’t get any email nor anything. I just need an email like “we’re working for you! Please be patient”
Darrel, Calgecko

Rank 0

Mar 28, 2022

My Wildtrak was built on 2/19 just received my has been shipped E mail yesterday
What time frame did you wait and how were you emails organized to you? Placed my order 2 months ago and haven't heard anything. Frustrating.
vaalnicolao

Rank VI

Mar 28, 2022

What time frame did you wait and how were you emails organized to you? Placed my order 2 months ago and haven't heard anything. Frustrating.

How long ago did you reserve, if at all? And what is your build? If you only ordered 2 months ago, without having an earlier reservation, your only hope of having seen any movement at this point is if you ordered a bare bones base model. Otherwise, there is not going to be much to communicate. I've been waiting 8 months since res/order and I have not gotten anything directly from Ford other than my original order sheet from when I ordered in August, and my re-order sheet for a MY 2022 in October. All other communications have come from the dealership, and have been mostly notifications and updates on delays. I've also read that if you did not go through the reservation process, then the online status tool will not work for you.
Badlands | Sasquatch | Cyber Orange | 2.7L | Lux | Soft Top
Dezertrider20158

Rank VI

Mar 28, 2022

Please allow me to annotate what Ford should have said in the beginning.

"Broncos will be produced and delivered in reservation order* ** *** **** *****."

* - more or less, roughly
** - Reservation order production presumes that the distribution of Bronco orders exactly proportionally matches the sales volume at our 3000+ nationwide dealers. This allows our allocation methodology to be fair. Small dealers that we really don't give a sh*t about that try to force our hand by accumulating extremely out-sized number of Bronco orders relative to their gross vehicle sales will not change our allocation methodology, and their customers might be waiting until 2029 until said small dealerships get enough allocation to fill their orders.
*** - We assume all components necessary will be available on a J-I-T basis as a build roles down the assembly line. In the unlikely event that particular components are not available for a build based on reservation order/dealer allocation, we will skip that build for something that we have the parts on hand to build. Gotta keep the assembly line moving.
**** - We only have a finite storage space in our production facility. Frames, body panels, engines, transmissions, etc take up a LOT of room. In the unlikely event we cannot procure sufficient microchips for the electronics of our Broncos, we reserve the right to run complete builds (less chips) through our assembly line for storage until such time as chips are available.
***** - In order to keep the press interested in Broncos, we reserve the right to introduce additional trims and special editions at any time. Our assembly line will be such a well oiled machine at the time of introduction of these editions in 2022 that we expect no impact on manufacturing efficiency. In the event our production line is a hot mess at the time of new edition introduction, marketing and manufacturing operations will argue their case in front of Ford CEO for decision. However, the match will be fixed and marketing will be free to introduce whatever it wants and manufacturing ops will just have to suck it up.
‘22, 4 door Badlands, 2.3l, MT, MIC top, lux, Sasquatch, tow. Velocity Blue.
Build Complete --> 5/5/2022. Delivered 5/25/2022.
Bronco Nation #1115
Jakob1972, Darrel

Rank 0

Mar 28, 2022

Or is it just me?
According to Bronco Nation rep,
How long ago did you reserve, if at all? And what is your build? If you only ordered 2 months ago, without having an earlier reservation, your only hope of having seen any movement at this point is if you ordered a bare bones base model. Otherwise, there is not going to be much to communicate. I've been waiting 8 months since res/order and I have not gotten anything directly from Ford other than my original order sheet from when I ordered in August, and my re-order sheet for a MY 2022 in October. All other communications have come from the dealership, and have been mostly notifications and updates on delays. I've also read that if you did not go through the reservation process, then the online status tool will not work for you.

I'm in the same boat, no res, walk in order back in early June 2021. Absolutely zero communication from ford and the only proof I have of an order is my WBDO sheet from the dealer. Even now my communication with the dealer has dropped off... When I brought this issue up to one of the Bronco Nation reps at the TX off rodeo last week he said this shouldn't be the case and I should have atleast received an initial email from ford after my order.

I'm really trying to be patient and I hoped going to the off rodeo on my vacation would hold me over for a while but this circus act is getting tired. On here and 6G I'm seeing people who ordered (builds with constraints, some the same as mine or other res holders) 1-2 months prior and they have already been given an estimated build date! What's going on Ford?
@Ford Motor Company, there is a whole base of customers who are getting jaded by all this. This thread is proof there is an issue and we would like better communication from your company. At the very minimum we would like some sort of acknowledgement that you are aware of this problem and you are working on correcting it.
Hopeless Diamond

Rank V

Mar 28, 2022

The lack of communication is NO Way to run a Business!!!!!!!!! I have been waiting seen 12/2020. Now without a Vehicle for 5 months so it's really frustrating. Thank you
Have a Great Week.
AcesandEights

Rank XII

Mar 28, 2022

Average Bronco order holders have insufficient knowledge about two things:
1. Where they fit into dealers' allocations.
2. How constraints/production limitations affect their builds.

Vague, irregular e-mails and gifts (if even receiving such) haven't provided much of an answer. Ford and dealers have a joint responsibility to communicate to order holders in easily understood (junior-high level) language. Thank goodness I have a communicative dealer, but without that, Estaban Plaza-Jennings (Ford's Bronco brand mgr.) has virtually been the sole voice to speak candidly about orders.

It's getting close to one year from when Ford announced that many of us would be given a manufacturing time-frame. Perhaps it was a mistake to ever promise such, but there are folks that will never see a 2022 model...isn't it better to tell them now?
Tuletime, the poacher

That's a terrible idea, when do we start?

Mar 28, 2022

Average Bronco order holders have insufficient knowledge about two things:
1. Where they fit into dealers' allocations.
2. How constraints/production limitations affect their builds.

Vague, irregular e-mails and gifts (if even receiving such) haven't provided much of an answer. Ford and dealers have a joint responsibility to communicate to order holders in easily understood (junior-high level) language. Thank goodness I have a communicative dealer, but without that, Estaban Plaza-Jennings (Ford's Bronco brand mgr.) has virtually been the sole voice to speak candidly about orders.

It's getting close to one year from when Ford announced that many of us would be given a manufacturing time-frame. Perhaps it was a mistake to ever promise such, but there are folks that will never see a 2022 model...isn't it better to tell them now?
Couldn't agree more about the communications from the dealers about where you fit into their allocations. They know on average how many Bronco orders they fulfill in a month and what the mix of time levels are in those orders, they also know how many orders they currently have outstanding, and where that puts you in line. So, for example, if a dealer is averaging 10 Bronco orders per month and 1 of them is a Badlands/LUX/MIC, and they have 100 outstanding orders and 25 of them are that time level, it will likely be at LEAST 25 months before you're likely to get your Bronco. So they really CAN give you an educated guess about how long it will take to get your ordered Bronco. Of course, there ARE unforeseen issues, like the chip shortage, and the constraints which will throw a monkey wrench into all of that, but I think that at least having SOME idea that changes over time are better than the current "who knows, it might be this year it might be next" answer a lot of dealers are giving folks. But that's the dealers, and some of them don't want you to know that they have taken so many orders vs. their allocations that it's going to be a LONG time. Salespeople what to sell ...

We do have a pretty good idea of how the constraints are affecting production. Ford has said publically that besides the chip shortage, MIC tops are still a constrained item, so is the tow package (because of chips), LUX, etc. There are lists of these all over Bronco forums. But like I said, your dealer KNOWS how many of a particular trim level they are getting every month. Sure will that change over time based on the easing of constraints, etc? Yes, and the dealer will see that happening as they get more of that trim level and can update you on what's going on. Ford, on the other hand, COULD put systems into place to give you the same information, just keep in mind that the current system really relies on their customer, the dealer, to provide that kind of information. Should Ford be learning that some dealerships aren't going to be very good at communicating with their customer (i.e. you), YUP? This goat roadeo of a rollout should have made that pretty clear to Ford by now.
4 Door BadSquatch | Soft-top | Velocity Blue | 2.7 Auto | Towing | Lux | Leather

Rank VI

Mar 28, 2022

Or is it just me?
Ford is taking on the same approach as our government. You can’t believe what anybody says
Calgecko

Life is a Highway

Mar 28, 2022

According to Bronco Nation rep,

I'm in the same boat, no res, walk in order back in early June 2021. Absolutely zero communication from ford and the only proof I have of an order is my WBDO sheet from the dealer. Even now my communication with the dealer has dropped off... When I brought this issue up to one of the Bronco Nation reps at the TX off rodeo last week he said this shouldn't be the case and I should have atleast received an initial email from ford after my order.

I'm really trying to be patient and I hoped going to the off rodeo on my vacation would hold me over for a while but this circus act is getting tired. On here and 6G I'm seeing people who ordered (builds with constraints, some the same as mine or other res holders) 1-2 months prior and they have already been given an estimated build date! What's going on Ford?
@Ford Motor Company, there is a whole base of customers who are getting jaded by all this. This thread is proof there is an issue and we would like better communication from your company. At the very minimum we would like some sort of acknowledgement that you are aware of this problem and you are working on correcting it.
Try calling the Ford Bronco Hotline. The number is here somewhere
jlaliberty

Rank IV

Mar 28, 2022

There is no reason Day 1 or 2 reservations at a minimum shouldn't be built yet, let alone scheduled. The only reason is @Ford Motor Company is "protecting" their favored dealers and in the process screwing their customers. What do they have to lose, the ealry res holders are the most attached to the Bronco and will suffer the burden of waiting the longest. Recent orders are more transitory so they may lose them. This way they maintain a constant backlog, screw the people that are the most dedicated.
4x4xFORD, Hobgoblin