Jul 13, 2020
Moab, Ut
First Name
Blake
Last Name
Torgersen
Member #

Thanks for posting. I have some questions:
  • Overall length includes the spare tire, right? Wouldn't that make Sasquatch longer than Badlands? Seems like it should be about 191/175.2. If the numbers in the table are correct, what makes Badlands longer than Sasquatch?
  • Is the overall height on the Sasquatch really 5" more than Badlands & +/-6" more than Base? I was expecting something more like 2/3, which would jive with the difference in step height.
  • Track is measured to center of tire tread, right? Is the difference for Sasquatch because of a different wheel offset, or are there other contributing factors?
  • Is the track for Badlands correct? I would expect it to be about 0.4" wider than Base, in agreement with the overall vehicle width with mirrors folded.

jmalinov

Rank II

Advocate III

Aug 13, 2020
Benton, LA, USA
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Malinovsky
is there a pic of a wildtrak / squatched 4 DR Bronco next to a crew cab f150? (I park next to one at work lol)

rmc523

Rank IV

Super Supporter II

Jun 26, 2020
Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA
Member #

Thanks for posting. I have some questions:
  • Overall length includes the spare tire, right? Wouldn't that make Sasquatch longer than Badlands? Seems like it should be about 191/175.2. If the numbers in the table are correct, what makes Badlands longer than Sasquatch?
  • Is the overall height on the Sasquatch really 5" more than Badlands & +/-6" more than Base? I was expecting something more like 2/3, which would jive with the difference in step height.
  • Track is measured to center of tire tread, right? Is the difference for Sasquatch because of a different wheel offset, or are there other contributing factors?
  • Is the track for Badlands correct? I would expect it to be about 0.4" wider than Base, in agreement with the overall vehicle width with mirrors folded.
My only guess on the overall length is maybe the modular bumper sticks out further than the regular one, and further than the 35s add via Sasquatch? Only reason I can think of, otherwise doesn't make sense to me either.

David

Rank VI
Staff member
Super Moderator

Promoter II

Mar 19, 2020
Southgate, MI, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Liebmann
Member #

is there a pic of a wildtrak / squatched 4 DR Bronco next to a crew cab f150? (I park next to one at work lol)
Don't have one now but there might be an opportunity for it here at KoH. Not promising, but I'll see what I can get. The team vehicles we're using for this trip are Rangers and an F150 so we might be able to compare.

Gutter Clown

Rank IV

Super Supporter III

Jan 22, 2021
Indiana
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Austin
Thanks for sharing. I just compared the spec to my 14MY Explorer and they are darn close. I was thinking I wouldn't have space for the Bronco and Explorer in my garage. Just have to clear a few things out though lol.

Reactions: Deano Bronc

GToddC5

Rank V

Supporter II

Jul 14, 2020
South Jersey
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

Man... I gotta know the deal behind the height difference on Squatch vs non. That’s a huge difference!!!
Right?!? The numbers from Badlands to Squatch were NOT 5" anywhere, until here and now.
I would 100% have gone Squatch, if I knew it was 5 freakin' inches!

@David If you add 75.3 and 3.6 for the roof rack, you get 78.9. I'll bet someone didn't add up all the "max" height numbers correctly, across the board.
Badlands would then be 73.8 + 3.6 = 77.4, or 1.5" shorter, which is what we all expected.

What happened to this:

1611924882327.png

RynoPSU

Rank IV

Don't delete

Sep 17, 2020
Novi, MI, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Craig
The overall vehicle max heights make no sense. I'm guessing typo or mismeasurement when someone was using the CAD tool generating these. The step-in heights at the rocker are only 2.2inch different regular to Sasquatch. How does the roof get 5 inches higher when the rocker is only 2.2 inches higher.

Reactions: drtabick

GToddC5

Rank V

Supporter II

Jul 14, 2020
South Jersey
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

The overall vehicle max heights make no sense. I'm guessing typo or mismeasurement when someone was using the CAD tool generating these. The step-in heights at the rocker are only 2.2inch different regular to Sasquatch. How does the roof get 5 inches higher when the rocker is only 2.2 inches higher.
My theory is posted above, post #10

Reactions: SlashRacer

David

Rank VI
Staff member
Super Moderator

Promoter II

Mar 19, 2020
Southgate, MI, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Liebmann
Member #

So I’ve checked and rechecked the source material a number of times and had another team member do the same. The numbers shown are correct from the source material. That being said, everyone’s human and it isn’t impossible that there’s an error. Might just need to take some measurements this week. Where’s that fella who’s good at measuring stuff?

GToddC5

Rank V

Supporter II

Jul 14, 2020
South Jersey
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

So I’ve checked and rechecked the source material a number of times and had another team member do the same. The numbers shown are correct from the source material. That being said, everyone’s human and it isn’t impossible that there’s an error. Might just need to take some measurements this week. Where’s that fella who’s good at measuring stuff?
If the source material is anything like the B&P . . .

Seriously though, I'll bet the rack height (for max height) wasn't added across the board.

RynoPSU

Rank IV

Don't delete

Sep 17, 2020
Novi, MI, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Craig
I measured a computer model this morning and the 4dr Sasquatch number is accurate for length. The others should be an inch or so shorter.

Bonnie6G

Rank V

Supporter II

Jan 19, 2021
Denver
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Lesniak
Member #

Man, if these numbers are true, I need to figure something out. Height of my garage door is 82”. Height of 4dr squatch with roof rack is 82.1” according to this. Guess I’m gonna have to level the house now....

GToddC5

Rank V

Supporter II

Jul 14, 2020
South Jersey
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

Man, if these numbers are true, I need to figure something out. Height of my garage door is 82”. Height of 4dr squatch with roof rack is 82.1” according to this. Guess I’m gonna have to level the house now....
Can you remove the top trim and rip it down? That's why I have to do for my FJ40 @ 82" high

Bonnie6G

Rank V

Supporter II

Jan 19, 2021
Denver
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Lesniak
Member #

Can you remove the top trim and rip it down? That's why I have to do for my FJ40 @ 82" high
Anything’s possible. I’m thinking I’ll only need the roof rack for the winter to hold a cargo box for skis etc. if I have to remove the cargo box to get in the garage, another couple screws to remove the rack isn’t gonna hurt. I was planning to see what the aftermarket came out with for racks anyway so I’ll deal with it then. All I know is my baby is going to park in the garage! =]