Is the 2021 Bronco two-and four-door launch delayed into Summer? What happened to “Spring 2021”? Yes, given the COVID-19 pandemic, customer deliveries of the new Bronco will now begin next summer.
I thought the order bank was opening in December. Now I understand it’s mid-January, meaning customer orders will be even later. Why the delay? And will it delay vehicle deliveries? Given the COVID-19 pandemic, Bronco ordering will now start in mid-January, with customer deliveries now starting next summer.
I understand from supplier communications with Ford that the Bronco two-door and four-door models are delayed 6 more weeks. Can you confirm if it’s a development or supplier issue? This is tied to a supplier issue. COVID has had a significant effect on a number of Bronco suppliers, which we are not naming.
What can customers who have placed a reservation expect next? And what does the Bronco overall timeline look like?
- Customer placed reservation (since July 13)
- Customer uses Ford.com Build & Price tool to spec their dream Bronco (since October 23)
- Customer finalizes dealer selection by March 19, 2021
- Customer places order and agree to selling price with dealer between mid-January through March 19, 2021. Note: Bronco will not have online order conversions and will require dealers to place order
- Ford receives all orders nationally and begins to forecast a production schedule against key product content and features (commodities) – Q2 2021
- Customer receives dealer delivery window in May 2021
- First customer deliveries now begin in Summer 2021
Will orders be built in the order that reservations were received? Reservations will be fulfilled in approximately the same order received, based on final ordering and production of similarly configured Broncos. Due to the high number of Bronco two-door and four-door reservations, deliveries will extend into the 2022 calendar year.
What happens if customer order are not built in 21MY? Due to the high number of Bronco 2- and 4-door reservations, deliveries may extend into the 2022 calendar year. We anticipate some customers will receive a 22MY Bronco. In this scenario, customers will work with their dealer to replace their 21MY order but will have access to any product improvements for 22MY. Their reservation timestamp will remain with their order.
Is anything being done to research and implement an increase in production? Due to exceedingly high demand, we will consistently explore and review production options.
Has the delay to Summer 2021 enabled the late-availability Sasquatch package and manual transmission configuration to catch up? Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the entire Bronco production launch schedule shifted, now pushing the manual transmission Bronco models with available Sasquatch package into 2022 model year.
Is Navy Pier interior option still available for Bronco 2- and 4-door First Edition? Yes. The all black interior is an incremental option. Navy Pier is still available.