YouTubers getting Broncos early

Rydfree
May 18, 2021

Don't Follow Me ,I'm about to do something Stupid

May 18, 2021

So will you be mad if YouTube influencers get a Bronco before your early reservation ?
LiteBrite Nation ?
Outdoors with the Morgans ?

How about this guy ? Rumor is he has one on order just to do his usual thing .
2Dr Badlands - MIC - Area51 - 2.7 Auto - MGV - Headliner - High Pkg
Reserved 7/20/20 Delivered 5/6/23
"Ford said, hey we're gonna fulfill all reservations and pre-orders before we build stock units."
UpNOver, Bronc96
Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2021

Rank VI

May 18, 2021

I am looking forward to anyone who gets their Bronco to share modification ideas with supplier links. Many of us may not have the time to search the internet for ideas.

I also hope they touch upon places to enjoy off-road adventures and maybe even off-road training centers to help the newbies like myself obtain good training.

Lots of potential to help us beyond the amusement.
UpNOver, Commodore

Gladesmen

May 18, 2021

Will I be mad? A little it is the world we live in today. I’m sure there will be a video the first week a Bronco is sold of a guy jumping it over a creek and putting 44” tires on it with less that 200 miles on the Bronco. But talk about durability test. These guys will risk their lives to test the Bronco to the limits and for that they will get views and lots of money. And I will probably watch. But it is a sad thing.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
Boogeyman1, Commodore

Rank III

May 18, 2021

Nope, just want to hear some real world opinions on things like wind noise with the MIC top.
Boogeyman1, PSUTE

Rank VI

May 18, 2021

My daughter is even more excited than me about driving a Bronco. In fact, there are many young women on YouTube who could serve as role models for helping women expand their enjoyment of off-road driving. I hope Ford selects several women YouTubers to obtain a new Bronco.

Although Chloe loves her Taco, she is an example of a great role model. (See link below.)

I see an opportunity!

Chloe Kuo - YouTube
Katwithcosmos, RachaelS

No Ragerts

May 18, 2021

So will you be mad if YouTube influencers get a Bronco before your early reservation ?
LiteBrite Nation ?

I am already pissed that I don’t have a build date yet but I am trying to be chill about it. Thankfully, I have some other toys to keep me busy until my Bronco is available.

If your point is that there are folks out there that “cut the line” to get a Bronco early - I am more jealous than angry but, more power to them. Like I tell my kids - life’s not fair. Get over it!
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
UpNOver, Commodore

Rank IV

May 18, 2021

Well, as of today I am getting a little more mad about this and all the other delays along with the sparse communications.. My '10 FX4 just crapped the transmission this morning on the way into the office...I just want a build date and the ability to drive my Bronco.
July 14 Reservation, February 14 Order Placed, November 22nd Build Week, Built December 5, In-route.
4 Dr Wildtrak, A51, Leather, Lux, Tow
PSUTE, Commodore

Rank VI

May 18, 2021

Car companies have always provided vehicles to car publications to review pre- or early in the production run. I see Youtube reviewers as the modern version of print car reviews. It's just part of doing business. Doug DeMuro is one of my favorites.
‘22, 4 door Badlands, 2.3l, MT, MIC top, lux, Sasquatch, tow. Velocity Blue.
Build Complete --> 5/5/2022. Delivered 5/25/2022.
Bronco Nation #1115
PSUTE, Commodore

Rank V

May 18, 2021

Car companies have always provided vehicles to car publications to review pre- or early in the production run. I see Youtube reviewers as the modern version of print car reviews. It's just part of doing business. Doug DeMuro is one of my favorites.

Typically those magazine test cars are made at the same time as the dealer demos. But that was always done because magazines have several month lead times. Two or three isn't uncommon.

The digital world is a bit faster.

Ford is in what could be considered a good spot marketing-wise in that they are sold out all of MY21 and I'm guessing at least halfway into MY22. Their challenge is to get people excited about ordering now and not seeing anything for 12 months.
UpNOver, Commodore

Rank XII

May 18, 2021

...In fact, there are many young women on YouTube who could serve as role models for helping women expand their enjoyment of off-road driving. I hope Ford selects several women YouTubers to obtain a new Bronco...
You definitely have it right @BuzzyBud - We should be doing everything possible to encourage women in all kinds of automotive motoring. Girls can do anything they want. Proud to be a philogynist. YOU GO GIRLS!
PSUTE, TK1215

Rank VI

May 18, 2021

You definitely have it right @BuzzyBud - We should be doing everything possible to encourage women in all kinds of automotive motoring. Girls can do anything they want. Proud to be a philogynist. YOU GO GIRLS!

I picture the following.

Male YouTuber gets Bronco. Husband watches video.
Husband: Honey, I think we should get a Bronco.
Wife: No way! We cannot afford a new car (it is a truck). End of discussion!
Husband: Very sad face. :(

Female YouTuber gets Bronco. Wife watches video.
Wife: Hey Honey, I want to learn off-road skills. We need a Bronco!
Husband: Absolutely Honey. Let's buy two!
Wife: Deal! Now go order us two Broncos and I want mine loaded!
Husband: Very happy face. :)
UpNOver, PSUTE

Mud,Sweat and Gears

May 18, 2021

Just more of the elitist mentality, secret showings, only certain people will get theirs this year... this garbage is going to bite Ford.
HoosierDaddy, Commodore

Don't Follow Me ,I'm about to do something Stupid

May 18, 2021

I am already pissed that I don’t have a build date yet but I am trying to be chill about it. Thankfully, I have some other toys to keep me busy until my Bronco is available.

If your point is that there are folks out there that “cut the line” to get a Bronco early - I am more jealous than angry but, more power to them. Like I tell my kids - life’s not fair. Get over it!

Actually I didn't have a point but figured if Whistlin' Diesel got a early Bronco and destroyed it , that it would ruffle a few feathers ,LOL .
His video of destroying Matt's Raptor actually could be some good marketing for Ford . That thing took a beating and is still going :)

2Dr Badlands - MIC - Area51 - 2.7 Auto - MGV - Headliner - High Pkg
Reserved 7/20/20 Delivered 5/6/23
"Ford said, hey we're gonna fulfill all reservations and pre-orders before we build stock units."
TK1215, Commodore

Home, home on the range

May 18, 2021

I picture the following.

Male YouTuber gets Bronco. Husband watches video.
Husband: Honey, I think we should get a Bronco.
Wife: No way! We cannot afford a new car (it is a truck). End of discussion!
Husband: Very sad face. :(

Female YouTuber gets Bronco. Wife watches video.
Wife: Hey Honey, I want to learn off-road skills. We need a Bronco!
Husband: Absolutely Honey. Let's buy two!
Wife: Deal! Now go order us two Broncos and I want mine loaded!
Husband: Very happy face. :)
Hubby is all for the Bronco for me but he wouldn't get one otherwise. He's not into off-roading at all, and isn't what I'd call a car guy. Me on the other hand would have a garage full of classics if I could, and would be wrenching on projects as much as possible. I really enjoy watching the Moab videos and he will just look over and say "wow that's crazy" and off to do something else. He is up for anything I dream up though :)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 2dr 2.3L manual Hot Pepper Red. Reserved 8/7/20. Ordered 1/23/21. Reordered 10/08/21. Scheduled week of January 24th 2022, delivered 2/24/2022
Commodore, Steve777468

Mud,Sweat and Gears

May 18, 2021

LiteBrite Nation ?

People only watch OWM because of Melissa.I don't get that but its why.
I know of them but don't watch. I don't watch that blow hard Greg Hinman either.
Rydfree, Commodore

Rank VI

May 18, 2021

It's the way of the world......sort of. I'm sure anyone that gets a Bronco before the end of this year will feel like an "internet influencer"......AKA.....your neighbor, your buddy, the buddy of a buddy, the word of mouth that was from the guy down the street around the other block that saw Farris after he got better but sick again and didn't make it to school but still got his Bronco.....and says its rad. Then there's the Facebook post of some random dude you had beers with while camping that friended you and you haven't talk to in ten years.....but still has a million followers......and a Bronco. Yeah, however you cut it......when you get your Bronco you are that person.....so be haaaaaapppppppppppy as hell! :ROFLMAO:(y)

A big square Lightening Blue FE with puffy tires.....and a CB antenna for good measure! ;-)
Rydfree, Commodore

Have Bronco Will Travel

May 18, 2021

LiteBrite Nation ?

I'll be MAD :mad::mad::mad::poop:
From infinity and beyond
2023 Badlands 4dr / Sasquatch / High / 2.7 / MIC / Mod bumper / Trailer Tow / Eruption Green
Rydfree, Commodore

Rank VI

May 18, 2021

I hope @justinbmcbride gets one. And other experienced overland/off-road people. There are not that many and it will help the brand and provide insight to future modifications.
Ordered: 4-Door First Edition - Rapid Red - Black Seats - MIC Top - Build Date: 10/25
In Garage: ‘62 Red Vette - ‘07 Black Shelby Ragtop - ‘21 F150 Platinum PowerBoost - Rapid Red
5280Bronco, Hulkbuster19

Mud,Sweat and Gears

May 18, 2021

Typically those magazine test cars are made at the same time as the dealer demos. But that was always done because magazines have several month lead times. Two or three isn't uncommon.

The digital world is a bit faster.

Ford is in what could be considered a good spot marketing-wise in that they are sold out all of MY21 and I'm guessing at least halfway into MY22. Their challenge is to get people excited about ordering now and not seeing anything for 12 months.
Its not 12 months its been 4 years going on 5, 70,000 people canceled reservations, Ford is losing sales.People are going to other makers to get vehicles NOW and won't come back to Ford.
Rydfree, TK1215

Rank III

May 18, 2021

it'll get us new Bronco content (things are a bit stale right now), so I'm looking forward to it, especially channels that use it as is, not blow an other 20k or more into mods I'll have zero interest in. I somewhat doubt Ford directly prioritizes them, but they all probably have a top relation with their dealer(s) and will get one of the first ones. After all, they probably spend a lot of money at those dealers.
I just want some new content, regular people actually driving them, taking them on adventures, finding out the good and the bad, not some baja racers with ride along tourists. Fun to watch, but not the same and too repetitive.
First Lite Brite vids will be fun and should be interesting, once they add crazy stuff and drive up walls I'll be just an occasional visitor. Trail Recon will be interesting TFL. I'll never watch that nut destroying cars though, that's just dumb.

luckily there are many choices for all tastes.

I'm looking forward to new content, some "real world" experiences, all that. I'm night one res, but I'd be (happily but nonetheless) surprised if I get my Badsquatch before these top channels do. Maybe some will get those testers that will float around for magazines to just make a vid or two (Doug D, TFL, etc), Lite Brite ordered theres, can't remember if Trail Recon also did.

Will make me just that more excited to get mine, when ever that may be.
Rydfree, Commodore