Yakima Roof Rack – “Small”

BuzzyBud
Jan 17, 2021

Rank VI

Jan 17, 2021

Noticed an accessory listed as:

V M2DZ-7855100-C, Roof Platform Kit, Small, Cross Bar Attachment by Yakima, $869.00.

I suspect that the rack is Size B (60X54) as seen on the Bronco Trail Rig and not the Size K (55X49) as seen on the Bronco Fishing Rig? Not sure if those sizes are the racks in these pictures! Wish the accessory listing included size!

Thoughts?

-bronco-badlands-at-bronco-west-celebration-32-jpg.jpg

Yakima Rear Roof Rack.PNG
Hobgoblin, Bronc96

Rank IV

Jan 17, 2021

For things by Yakima, you can probably get them cheaper by not buying them through Ford. Either size B or K is cheaper buying through REI or anywhere else online. $779 B, $729 K. plus another $50 for crossbar clamps which is cheaper than $869 Ford is asking. Any adapters or crossbars will be available directly from them by the time this hits the lots. Usually Yakima has everything on sale a couple of times a year (memorial day, labor day, thanksgiving time) for 20-25% making it even cheaper. That's how I bought my cargo box. If you buy through REI, or other online places, you can get it, if it's the wrong size, return and get the correct size. If you buy through Ford in your vehicle purchase I don't know if you can reject an accessory remove it from your deal at delivery.
RedCo, Hobgoblin

Rank VI

Jan 17, 2021

I agree with you. Based on the description and price, I believe it is the “small” one in B&P. I have seen nothing else about the fishing concept rack.

Personally, I’m wanting an “XL” rack that spans from the front of the windshield and uses both mounting points on the rear shell.

Attachments

"Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt" - John Muir
"The mountains are calling, and I must go..." - John Muir
BN #0120
BuzzyBud

Northwest Bronco

Jan 17, 2021

Does the black modular hard top have optional mounts for the roof rack? Are we going to have an option or are there a few different ways to configure?
images.jpgrwfw.jpg
Northwest Bronco Channel
BuzzyBud

Rank IV

Jan 17, 2021

Does the black modular hard top have optional mounts for the roof rack? Are we going to have an option or are there a few different ways to configure?
View attachment 7704View attachment 7705

Both the 4 door MIC roof and modular painted roof have 2 rack mounting locations on the rear portion of the roof. The fishing concept shows both being used. The forward location where the current roof rack mounts. One other set towards the rear of the roof. The 2 door roof only has one rack mounting location.

The forward rack mount location on the 4 door roof is the same distance to the front header as the roof rack mount location on the 2 door. The same factory roof rack works for both the 2 door and 4 door. You can see this if you go to B&P and build a 2 door in one window and a 4 door on another window and set them both on the side view and flip back and forth between windows.
Malty24, B MIller

Northwest Bronco

Jan 17, 2021

Gotcha, thank you so much!!! Do you think I’d be able to have a regular four door rack, then add the mounting platform on the rear. Basically put a roof top ikamper mini in the front and traction boards ect on the rear?
Northwest Bronco Channel

Rank V

Dec 29, 2021

1640749876692.png
SOOOO... for the YAKIMA SMALL ROOF MOUNTED CARGO PLATFORM, Ford Accessory Part No: VM2DZ7855100C... is this just for the platform, or does this come with the crossbars for the back section of the hardtop?

THANKS!!!

Having slickrock withdraw!

Dec 29, 2021

View attachment 24816
SOOOO... for the YAKIMA SMALL ROOF MOUNTED CARGO PLATFORM, Ford Accessory Part No: VM2DZ7855100C... is this just for the platform, or does this come with the crossbars for the back section of the hardtop?

THANKS!!!
Just the platform.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.

Rank V

Dec 29, 2021

View attachment 24816

THANKS!!!
Just the platform.

How might one get the crossbars?

Rank V

Dec 31, 2021

anyone? :unsure:

Rank IV

Jan 31, 2022

anyone?
I am interested in the same thing..........working on finding a solution.
Hopefully I can reach out to either Ford marketing or the factory, because we know the rails were made due to the picture in the catalog.
1643662939521.png
If I find anything out, , I will post on here.
Alan
CliffCo

Rank IV

Feb 20, 2022

This is the only small roof racks I found and they are aftermarket;
https://badasstents.com/product/2021-22-ford-bronco-4-door-rear-only-short-roof-rack-for-hardtop/