Window Rattle

jfdutt
Mar 20, 2022

Rank III

Mar 20, 2022

Is anyone else experiencing this with their 4-door?

If either of the front windows are rolled down partially, they wobble like crazy and even rattle inside the door at virtually any bump in the road.

I’ve had old trucks do this, but not one that’s brand new.

Loving my Bronco and grateful to have it, but this is a bit wonky. Not sure if this is an engineering problem or if somethings actually broken.
JtownJohnny
Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2022

Rank VI

Mar 20, 2022

Yep. Me too. Full up or full down are best positions. Cracking them a couple inches is not good.

Largely a consequence of frameless…
2021 badlands, 2.3, MT, rapid red, soft top
cindylou, Hudman316

Rank III

Mar 20, 2022

Thanks. I found the other thread about this same issue. Deleting this duplicate thread if I can.

Gladesmen

Mar 20, 2022

The rattle is engineered into the design to keep the retro throwback feel. LOL.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
DadChris44, 907Ford

Rank V

Mar 20, 2022

I have a 2-door Big Bend and am not experiencing this window rattle at all, even when crossing railroad tracks with the windows open only 3"-4". I'm wondering if this isn't a 4-door phenomena.
EvlNvrDys

Rank VI

Mar 20, 2022

I have a 2-door Big Bend and am not experiencing this window rattle at all, even when crossing railroad tracks with the windows open only 3"-4". I'm wondering if this isn't a 4-door phenomena.
Based on that comment it just may be. Your door is wider than the 4 door model and therefor the window is different as well.
My Mustang (also frame less) has never had this issue. The rattle is a design flaw for sure.
2021 Broncos - BaseSquatch 4dr. Rapid Red V6 Soft Top
Big Bed 4dr. AMB V6 Soft Top Tow (BIL's)
Nitto tires SUCK! You've been warned.
ChetC

Rank VI

Mar 20, 2022

Thanks. I found the other thread about this same issue. Deleting this duplicate thread if I can.
If it weren’t for duplicate threads, we would only have 6-8 threads with about a million posts each. Dupes are fine and almost necessary…
2021 badlands, 2.3, MT, rapid red, soft top
Theblacktruth, Jakob1972

Rank IV

Apr 27, 2022

I’m also experiencing this issue with my 4 door black diamond. Let’s hope there will be a recall for it
JtownJohnny

Anxiously waiting for Super Cel

Apr 27, 2022

Is anyone else experiencing this with their 4-door?

If either of the front windows are rolled down partially, they wobble like crazy and even rattle inside the door at virtually any bump in the road.

I’ve had old trucks do this, but not one that’s brand new.

Loving my Bronco and grateful to have it, but this is a bit wonky. Not sure if this is an engineering problem or if somethings actually broken.
I haven't noticed it yet, but I'll try and replicate it.

On another note, I have noticed a few screws loose. In the Bronco, not me.
Black Diamond/4-door/mid pkg/2.7/MIC/rack/towing/Eruption Green/res 7.13.20/ord 2.8.21, then 10.15.21/built 1.21.22/delivered 4.15.22
Gunstock Off-Roadeo 10/29/22/Steel and Stirrups Traveling Lamp holder 9.23
Gaia GPS
BodieLighthouse, Deano Bronc

Rank I

May 05, 2022

Im having same issue ..4 door OBX soft top

Rank VI

May 05, 2022

I think it's more common on vehicles without a window frame in the door, was in vehicles I've driven. The windows (glass) have less holding them and the glass nearer the "top" isfarther from the mechanism holding the glass in place. Usually fine if the glass is all the way up, or all the way down, but in between, especially only slightly cracked and the glass has less "frame" to hold it still.
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole
BostonBadlands, Giddyup Buttercup

Rank VI

May 16, 2022

Wanted to give an update to this thread, over on B6G someone posted that there is a technical service bulletin out for the window rattle. Supposedly they can re-adjust the window to prevent this. Something worth looking in to.
Bschurr

Rank IV

May 25, 2022

There is a Special Service Message for window adjustments to solve the window rattle concern. It can also improve concerns with the Short Drop feature that lowers the windows slightly when the doors are opened so they will close and let glass go back up under the top weatherstrip. The adjustment is fairly easy to do and your dealer should be able to handle it no problem.

Rank VI

May 25, 2022

FYI: You guys need to take advantage of the 36 month bumper to bumper warranty. No sense in trying to diagnose problems and fix them yourself. In this case, frameless windows are going to vibrate - there is no way around that. They shouldn’t rattle.

Rank V

May 25, 2022

Found mine seem to rattle most when 1/2 down and big bumps (r.r.tracks) @ vented does not seem outrageous

Rank VI

May 25, 2022

There is a Special Service Message for window adjustments to solve the window rattle concern. It can also improve concerns with the Short Drop feature that lowers the windows slightly when the doors are opened so they will close and let glass go back up under the top weatherstrip. The adjustment is fairly easy to do and your dealer should be able to handle it no problem.

I had my Bronco at the dealer yesterday for the SSM related to window rattle.

Dealership made adjustments per Ford recommendations, tested and rattle still exists. They reported back to Ford on the matter and are waiting to see if @Ford Motor Company comes back with anything.

On a side note, and I will create another post for it when I have time, the windshield wiper SSM is bullshit! My wipers are set to low speed and will change to intermittent on their own. Supposedly it's a "smart" (rolling my eyes at that) wiper motor. If it detects resistance from the windshield (which I find hard to believe when it's RAINING) it will slow the wipers down to intermittent to protect the motor. So yeah, @Ford Motor Company, you can expect a not so nice phone call from me in the near future! If water is hitting my windshield, I expect the damn wipers to work!

Rank IV

Jun 11, 2022

I had my Bronco at the dealer yesterday for the SSM related to window rattle.

Dealership made adjustments per Ford recommendations, tested and rattle still exists. They reported back to Ford on the matter and are waiting to see if @Ford Motor Company comes back with anything.

On a side note, and I will create another post for it when I have time, the windshield wiper SSM is bullshit! My wipers are set to low speed and will change to intermittent on their own. Supposedly it's a "smart" (rolling my eyes at that) wiper motor. If it detects resistance from the windshield (which I find hard to believe when it's RAINING) it will slow the wipers down to intermittent to protect the motor. So yeah, @Ford Motor Company, you can expect a not so nice phone call from me in the near future! If water is hitting my windshield, I expect the damn wipers to work!
Does anyone have a link to that service bulletin? The rattle on my Wildtrak windows is ridiculous and I want to show this bulletin to the dealer. Thanks

Rank V

Jun 11, 2022

I had Ford look at mine in early May. They contacted me after I posted the following video.

This was my follow-up from after they adjusted the windows:

(I originally posted this on Bronco6g)

Thanks to our Ford rep, here on Bronco6G, I got an appointment with my local shop in less than a week. Today has been the second day since Ford made some adjustments to my door windows. I've driven, three times, on the same road in the video I posted about the rattle. At this time I am assessing the improvement to be about 75%. Not being too familiar with the expectations of frame-less door windows on rough roads - I feel my experience is now more reasonable.

Conditions for my experience: 1 mile dirt road
1. Window down by 2-3 inches
2. Driving 30-40 mph on rough dirt road: Potholes, Significant washboarding, lateral runoff erosion.

Before adjustment
---> Persistent rattle for about half of the mile driven

After adjustment
---> Just a few rattles on the roughest areas. Though, those rattles were significant and not diminished by the adjustments.

Rank VI

Jun 13, 2022

Does anyone have a link to that service bulletin? The rattle on my Wildtrak windows is ridiculous and I want to show this bulletin to the dealer. Thanks

I have a copy of it..... at home. Hopefully I remember later on today and can scan it and post.

Rank VI

Jun 13, 2022

Here you go. It's not a TSB but a SSM,

Window Rattle: SSM 50711
0.png

Windshield Wiper Performance: SSM 50692
0.png

And on a side note. Neither one of my issues was fixed. Was told the wiper motor is a "smart" motor. If it feels too much resistance it will switch itself from low mode to intermittent.
The windows they adjusted per spec, but it still rattles. They claim they informed @Ford Motor Company of that.
Deano Bronc