Wind rush

Guy stof
May 17, 2022

Rank 0

May 17, 2022

Have a brand new Big Bend four-door. At 40 miles an hour rides like a charm 45 to 50 the wind starts to rush, at 70 miles an hour you can hear a conversation. Back to the dealer today
Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2022

That's a terrible idea, when do we start?

May 17, 2022

Have a brand new Big Bend four-door. At 40 miles an hour rides like a charm 45 to 50 the wind starts to rush, at 70 miles an hour you can hear a conversation. Back to the dealer today
Hard top or soft top? You do realize it's a Bronco, not a Lexus, right?
4 Door BadSquatch | Soft-top | Velocity Blue | 2.7 Auto | Towing | Lux | Leather
the poacher, EvlNvrDys

Rank 0

May 17, 2022

Hard top or soft top? You do realize it's a Bronco, not a Lexus, right?
I do. BUT hardtop need to be quieter. Moved from a soft top jeep. No issues. This is not acceptable. At 58k will get $ back if not resolved

May 17, 2022

I do. BUT hardtop need to be quieter. Moved from a soft top jeep. No issues. This is not acceptable. At 58k will get $ back if not resolved
I'll give you that. a hard top should be quieter than, say the soft top. Which trim model do you have, and do you have the sound deadening? But in the end what's TOO loud is kind of subjective. For some of us, we kind of expect that when we are going 80 PMH on the freeway in a Bronco that there's going to be some wind noise. In the end, however, it can't hurt to take it to the dealer and see if maybe something can be done.
4 Door BadSquatch | Soft-top | Velocity Blue | 2.7 Auto | Towing | Lux | Leather
the poacher

Rank 0

May 17, 2022

I'll give you that. a hard top should be quieter than, say the soft top. Which trim model do you have, and do you have the sound deadening? But in the end what's TOO loud is kind of subjective. For some of us, we kind of expect that when we are going 80 PMH on the freeway in a Bronco that there's going to be some wind noise. In the end, however, it can't hurt to take it to the dealer and see if maybe something can be done.
I agree it’s relative but something is wrong. We will see. This complaint seems to be commonplace. The engineers wil figure it out

Libations MOD

May 18, 2022

It's a modular top with removable parts and frameless doors, never will it be quite like a one-piece top and I can say for a fact it's quieter than a soft-top I was in. Do you have the sound deadening? common?? have seen very few complaining about the noise level
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
Ditchrunner, JoergH

Rank 0

May 18, 2022

It's a modular top with removable parts and frameless doors, never will it be quite like a one-piece top and I can say for a fact it's quieter than a soft-top I was in. Do you have the sound deadening? common?? have seen very few complaining about the noise level
Read this forum

Libations MOD

May 18, 2022

Read this forum
oh welcome to BN BTW I think I am very versed in what's on here. Thank you though, still don't see very many at all complaining on noise but that's a personal thing too

So, do you have the sound deadening?? several have asked
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
TangerineScream

Rank 0

May 18, 2022

It’s back at dealership now.

Rank IV

May 18, 2022

These things make a brick look aerodynamic. I love 'em.
2021 Bronco Wildtrak Cyber Orange, 2019 Raptor Perf Blue
1955 Chevy Cameo, (2) 2023 Mavericks (on order)
the poacher, JoergH

Rank 0

May 18, 2022

These things make a brick look aerodynamic. I love 'em.
I just drove mine from coast to coast and back. Into a 50 mph headwind in South Dakota. Yes.. talk about loud wind noise. Killed the gas mileage. BUT.. it's exactly what I expected. I love it. The only negative thing other than the noise is that windshield is a BUG MAGNET. It's what you'd expect from a brick. Oh, did I say I love it?
TitsLaRue, the poacher

Libations MOD

May 18, 2022

I just drove mine from coast to coast and back. Into a 50 mph headwind in South Dakota. Yes.. talk about loud wind noise. Killed the gas mileage. BUT.. it's exactly what I expected. I love it. The only negative thing other than the noise is that windshield is a BUG MAGNET. It's what you'd expect from a brick. Oh, did I say I love it?
Right, kinda common sense with a big ass block going into the wind, not like its got Lambo lines
JoergH, FireOne

Rank III

May 18, 2022

I want mine to be louder. I was hoping the 35’s would roar like my old KM2’s, but not quite.
LR48, MarkPS

Rank V

May 18, 2022

Could y'all speak up please ..........
2Dr Badlands, manual, 322A, Iconic Silver, baby seal leather seat covers, reserved 2-24-22, stickered/blend date 9/30/22
TitsLaRue, EvlNvrDys

Road trip!!!

May 18, 2022

I’ll second the BUG MAGNET!!!! Wholly crap does it get covered in bugs.
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.
TitsLaRue, 73chesney

Rank VI

May 18, 2022

Fo Sho! I like to take the side roads on my 1/2 hour commute. Bugs have been brutal and they'll only get worse over the summer. Still, I smile every time I clean the windshield because it is my Bronco's windshield!
7/14/20 Res - 2/1/22 VIN - 3/1 In Prod - 3/9 Built - 3/15 at dealer - 3/17 Deliverd
WT, 4DR, MIC, CO, Lux, Leather, Tow
Sven

May 18, 2022

Yup, and from what I hear, a rock magnet too. Fortunately, I haven't had that experience yet, but if you want to talk about things being reported in the forums, that's one I've seen a lot.
SlashRacer

What's next?

May 18, 2022

I added the Aeroskin hood deflector and it really helped with the bug guts.
As far as noise, it's not quiet, and is to be expected. I have the sound deadening, but there are areas with no insulation. For those areas I'm going to add Dynamat.
Black Diamond/4-door/mid pkg/2.7/MIC/rack/towing/Eruption Green/res 7.13.20/ord 2.8.21, then 10.15.21/built 1.21.22/delivered 4.15.22
Gunstock Off-Roadeo 10/29/22/Steel and Stirrups Traveling Lamp holder 9.23
Gaia GPS
SlashRacer, SethPoeski

Rank VI

May 18, 2022

I added the Aeroskin hood deflector and it really helped with the bug guts.
As far as noise, it's not quiet, and is to be expected. I have the sound deadening, but there are areas with no insulation. For those areas I'm going to add Dynamat.

I did the same thing a few weeks back, added the hood deflector because I already had 3 small chips from rocks. Went with the Aeroskin II (extra bump in it) to prevent the bugs from finding my windshield. Definitely happy with it so far... as long as I don't "try" to spray the windshield going over 30 MPH :rolleyes:

Back on top though, I'd really like to understand what you guys consider loud. I've only owned FSB's, a Taurus, an Elantra and an Eclipse. And to be honest, I don't think the new Bronco is any louder than most "poor man's vehicles" out there. So someone please explain to me what is so loud?!?!
2021 Broncos - BaseSquatch 4dr. Rapid Red V6 Soft Top
Big Bed 4dr. AMB V6 Soft Top Tow (BIL's)
Nitto tires SUCK! You've been warned.
Ditchrunner

Libations MOD

May 18, 2022

Yup, and from what I hear, a rock magnet too. Fortunately, I haven't had that experience yet, but if you want to talk about things being reported in the forums, that's one I've seen a lot.
Colorado is gonna suck for rocks F#$#
Ditchrunner