Wildtrak changes

SuperMike
Oct 12, 2021

Rank V

Oct 12, 2021

This is going to be interesting when B&P opens up for MY22. I was just reading through the leaked 2022 BRONCO™ WILDTRAK™ STANDARD EQUIPMENT document, and noticed something I had NOT before... it would appear the mirrors and door handles on the WT are now black/MIC instead of the gloss black mirrors and body-color door handles? From page 27 of that PDF:

EXTERIOR
Door Handles – Black Molded-in-Color (MIC)
● Grille – Black Painted with White “BRONCO” Lettering
● Spare Tire – Full size with TPMS
● Wildtrak Hood Graphic

SAFETY/SECURITY
Mirrors, Sideview – Black Molded-in-Color (MIC) Caps

Oddly, it says "ALL OUTER BANKS™ SERIES STANDARD EQUIPMENT PLUS*:" (which includes body-colored handles and mirrors), but then goes on to change the door handles and mirrors to Black (MIC), like the Badlands.

Contrary to something posted elsewhere on the site, though, "Towing Capability" is still listed as an option.
Wildtrak ⁞ 4 DR ⁞ HOSS 3.0 ⁞ Area51 ⁞ Lux+Leather ⁞ Tow ⁞ MIC+Sunrider Top ⁞ Res 5/11/21, Rec'd 9/30/22
ResidualGenius

Rank V

Oct 13, 2021

Weird that they would change the one (non-stick-on) distinguishing feature of a Wildtrak
TurboS-957, SuperMike

Rank V

Oct 13, 2021

Weird that they would change the one (non-stick-on) distinguishing feature of a Wildtrak
I agree… to me, the.black gloss mirrors and body color handles were among the appealing features.
Wildtrak ⁞ 4 DR ⁞ HOSS 3.0 ⁞ Area51 ⁞ Lux+Leather ⁞ Tow ⁞ MIC+Sunrider Top ⁞ Res 5/11/21, Rec'd 9/30/22
JIOxfordWhite, TurboS-957

Rank V

Oct 13, 2021

I noticed the same thing with the Wildtrak, I think Ford is convincing me to switch to Badlands, it will be easy later to switch to a black grille if desired.
Past Bronco's: 1986 Bronco II V-6 Eddie Bauer - blue, 1986 Bronco 351 HO black, 1989 Bronco 351 HO Eddie Bauer - red
SuperMike

Rank VI

Oct 13, 2021

I like the color-matched even better than the gloss black and we get neither?! Bummer. OB loses the color matched flares when you go SAS but for the caps and handles maybe I B&P all the options thru OB.
7/14/20 Res - 2/1/22 VIN - 3/1 In Prod - 3/9 Built - 3/15 at dealer - 3/17 Deliverd
WT, 4DR, MIC, CO, Lux, Leather, Tow
SuperMike

Rank VI

Oct 13, 2021

The B&P pictures for 2022 still show the gloss black mirrors and color matched grill hmmm
7/14/20 Res - 2/1/22 VIN - 3/1 In Prod - 3/9 Built - 3/15 at dealer - 3/17 Deliverd
WT, 4DR, MIC, CO, Lux, Leather, Tow

Rank IV

Oct 13, 2021

And the MIC top stays Carbonized Gray while the other MIC items are Black?

Libations MOD

Oct 13, 2021

Interesting the build still shows the body-color door handles on it and black mirrors
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
SuperMike

Rank V

Oct 13, 2021

The B&P pictures for 2022 still show the gloss black mirrors and color matched grill hmmm

The B&P tool for me still directs to 2021.. :unsure: :confused:

Rank III

Oct 13, 2021

I think it is a good thing. Lots of people complained about the gloss black which matched nothing else. Now they will match the fenders and top. (y)

Rank IV

Oct 13, 2021

The B&P tool for me still directs to 2021.. :unsure: :confused:
Try:

https://shop.ford.com/configure/bronco/2022/model/customize/base
SuperMike

Rank V

Oct 13, 2021

Thanks... I posted that response before I saw the other threads. Been playing in it most of the morning now. lol!

Rank V

Oct 13, 2021

I think it is a good thing. Lots of people complained about the gloss black which matched nothing else. Now they will match the fenders and top. (y)

I don't necessarily disagree on that one... but don't understand why they couldn't use body color handles. To me that is often a marker for a higher-end vehicle.
JIOxfordWhite, TurboS-957

Rank V

Oct 13, 2021

Apparently this odd change has been confirmed by Ford.... but of course there is contrary information out there. The backbone of the build and price is obviously pulled from 2021 and all the updates that were added recently, so we can expect the digital depictions not to be updated, except they did have to create new depiction for the new colors.
I suspect this is a recent decision and the colorway updates are older. Hopefully, Ford will see that people want the color match handles and the black mirrors and many ordered the wildtrak because of little features like this in 2021. The MIC handles and mirror caps look and feel cheap, like the cheap white plastic bronco emblems on the grille.
95 Eddie 5.8 Windsor 2021? nope, 2022?, wait 2022.5 HOSS3.0 equipped WildTrak/LUX/Leather/MIC. 7/14 RES
JIOxfordWhite, FOMOYOLO

Rank VI

Oct 13, 2021

I like the body color handles on the doors, adds a bit of "class" to the Wildtrak. I look at the Wildtrak as the "Sleeper Bronco," looks all classy and pretty, but able to off road with the best of them. Almost like the high class, professional lawyer who grew up a country boy and is still a country boy at heart. The painted mirrors and door handles add to that look. True it doesn't match the MIC roof, which is now a $695 option on the Wildtrak btw, but I plan on getting my MIC painted when a good plan comes together for how to do it.
TurboS-957, FOMOYOLO

Rank I

Oct 17, 2021

I've said it before but it bears repeating...I really hate this change, minor as it may seem to some. I saw several Broncos this weekend at my dealer, including a 2-door FE waiting for it's owner to pick it up. Looked sick and the body color door handles and black gloss mirrors really stood out compared to all the other Broncos with the plasticky ones. I think Ford just continues to add insult to injury to us early res/order holders for both 2-doors and Wildtraks, who have had no soft top option available to try to sneak in under the 2021MY deadline. Thinking I can probably order the '21 replacement parts to recreate it on a '22 model but sucks that I have to do that after waiting 18+ months for my Wildtrak to be built.
JIOxfordWhite, SuperMike

Rank V

Oct 17, 2021

I agree, @FOMOYOLO ... I saw a Big Bend this weekend and it had MIC handles/mirrors. The Wildtrak stood out because of those features. Now the only option is Outer Banks, which I do not want. It just feels like a minor -- yet significant -- change that they really did not have to make. I wonder if the mirror change had to do with scratching or something.
FOMOYOLO

Rank V

Oct 17, 2021

I've said it before but it bears repeating...I really hate this change, minor as it may seem to some. I saw several Broncos this weekend at my dealer, including a 2-door FE waiting for it's owner to pick it up. Looked sick and the body color door handles and black gloss mirrors really stood out compared to all the other Broncos with the plasticky ones. I think Ford just continues to add insult to injury to us early res/order holders for both 2-doors and Wildtraks, who have had no soft top option available to try to sneak in under the 2021MY deadline. Thinking I can probably order the '21 replacement parts to recreate it on a '22 model but sucks that I have to do that after waiting 18+ months for my Wildtrak to be built.
95 Eddie 5.8 Windsor 2021? nope, 2022?, wait 2022.5 HOSS3.0 equipped WildTrak/LUX/Leather/MIC. 7/14 RES

Rank V

Oct 17, 2021

I agree, @FOMOYOLO ... I saw a Big Bend this weekend and it had MIC handles/mirrors. The Wildtrak stood out because of those features. Now the only option is Outer Banks, which I do not want. It just feels like a minor -- yet significant -- change that they really did not have to make. I wonder if the mirror change had to do with scratching or something.

I have wondered if the gloss black is black paint or high gloss black plastic, if plastic it may scratch really easy. Grill would be the same.
Past Bronco's: 1986 Bronco II V-6 Eddie Bauer - blue, 1986 Bronco 351 HO black, 1989 Bronco 351 HO Eddie Bauer - red

Rank V

Oct 17, 2021

I agree, except it is not as easily as ordering a simple part. Mirrors and door handles will come unpainted, potentially primed. Then you have to get them color matched and gloss black…. Even black is not as simple as just black. There are 100s of blacks out there. So trying to recreate what you ordered in this case is a lot of work. I can do all the painting in my shop, but I will have to order the paint and actually do it all versus it just being done at the factory as I ordered…….