Why are they called First Editions….

69BroncoX302
Jun 23, 2021

Rank V

Jun 23, 2021

My wife went on quite the rant which makes logical sense.

Why are the First Editions called First Edition if they are not produced first?
  1. They should be called special editions since they are not first
  2. Shouldn’t this be false advertisement because they are not first when other models are coming out first or in conjunction.
so I totally understand the situations behind the delays, production issues, allocations…. Okay no I really don’t, or maybe I am choosing not to lol. But she made some good points.

however, I am going to act like they do with cryptocurrencies and hold on for dear life.

At least I got whiskey while I wait. Hopefully my liver makes it through all this.:ROFLMAO:
KennyMac, the poacher
Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2021

Rank VI

Jun 23, 2021

What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet.
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole
KennyMac, Broncofly

Rank II

Jun 23, 2021

This question is too existential for Ford LOL.
G.O.A.T.
KennyMac, AcesandEights

Rank V

Jun 23, 2021

This question is too existential for Ford LOL.

LOL, Truth.
Boogeyman1

Rank VI

Jun 23, 2021

My wife went on quite the rant which makes logical sense.

Why are the First Editions called First Edition if they are not produced first?
  1. They should be called special editions since they are not first
  2. Shouldn’t this be false advertisement because they are not first when other models are coming out first or in conjunction.
so I totally understand the situations behind the delays, production issues, allocations…. Okay no I really don’t, or maybe I am choosing not to lol. But she made some good points.

however, I am going to act like they do with cryptocurrencies and hold on for dear life.

At least I got whiskey while I wait. Hopefully my liver makes it through all this.:ROFLMAO:
Its what the kids want......it's the new thing like naming colors things besides just whatever the color used to be called. As a friends kid once told me, you're looking at this like an old person, stop living in the past.:rolleyes: Land Rover called the new Defender "Launch Edition", as well as Toyota on the Supra. It's seems borrowed from the comic book world. Another way to look at it.....whatever.:rolleyes:

Another, another way to look at it "Special Edition" can be something like the Bullet Mustang or Jeep's Call of Duty model, a mid model package, nothing to do with the "First" of something.

Another, another, another and finally another way to look at the First Edition, you can tell the wife......"Honey, look......that guy/gal spent waaaaaay too much for that thing, we picked our model together and were soooooo sensible". :LOL:
A big square Lightening Blue FE with puffy tires.....and a CB antenna for good measure! ;-)
KennyMac, 69BroncoX302

Rank VI

Jun 23, 2021

Its what the kids want......it's the new thing like naming colors things besides just whatever the color used to be called. As a friends kid once told me, you're looking at this like an old person, stop living in the past.:rolleyes: Land Rover called the new Defender "Launch Edition", as well as Toyota on the Supra. It's seems borrowed from the comic book world. Another way to look at it.....whatever.:rolleyes:
Hey! Who are you calling old??? :D
It has always been clear to me that the First Edition did not mean "First Built". LOTS and LOTS of discussion on this. This is a special edition of the Bronco with what they originally said the best of all of the other models of Bronco put together as part of the First Year launch and limited to a certain number of owners. For me, it was just a way not to worry about what to pick, Ford just picked all of the options for me!
I wasn't there...
KennyMac, 69BroncoX302

Rank II

Jun 23, 2021

Hey! Who are you calling old??? :D
It has always been clear to me that the First Edition did not mean "First Built". LOTS and LOTS of discussion on this. This is a special edition of the Bronco with what they originally said the best of all of the other models of Bronco put together as part of the First Year launch and limited to a certain number of owners. For me, it was just a way not to worry about what to pick, Ford just picked all of the options for me!
Minus the Baja mode for the transmission :(
G.O.A.T.

Libations MOD

Jun 23, 2021

It's HODL LOL
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
KennyMac, SirRomey

Rank V

Jun 24, 2021

I am sure Limited Edition was on the board, but this is as others have said too mundane. I think it would be interesting to see a cross-section of customer ages.
Seems to, largely based on these forums, skew towards Gen Xer's and the older millennia's (that could also be an artifact of people that use forums); it is almost like the new mid life crisis vehicle of choice for people that can't afford a shiny red foreign sports car.
I know there are plenty that are planing on a purpose built off road vehicle, but there are plenty that are doing the same just for looks and will drive it on weekends to get donuts with the family....
95 Eddie 5.8 Windsor 2021? nope, 2022?, wait 2022.5 HOSS3.0 equipped WildTrak/LUX/Leather/MIC. 7/14 RES
Boogeyman1, KennyMac

Rank VI

Jun 29, 2021

Minus the Baja mode for the transmission :(
Yeah, I wish we could select all of the "modes" in the first edition. Maybe there is a technical reason why some don't work on some models. I also think that setting up your own mode would be nice. Kind of the ultimate in terms of owner customizations.
I wasn't there...
Boogeyman1