Who canceled his order?

RCH313
Apr 29, 2021

Rank V

Apr 29, 2021

I was talking with a friend / coworker and ask him if he received his production date yet since I received my email last week. He had not and I ask him what his reservation date was, he looked at his reservation page and found that it indicated that his order had been canceled. He did not cancel, so he called the dealer and ask them about it, they said that they did not cancel, they are not sure they would know how to cancel (and honestly why would they). He is waiting to see if the Ford Rep can shed any light. Has anyone heard of such a thing? I know a number of people have canceled, not wanting to wait, however he was in the home stretch, he did not have any of the problem options, Big Bend that was middle of the road build.
Ability is Nothing without Honor
Bronclahoma, Bike007b
Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2021

Wank ER

Apr 29, 2021

I have no idea? Sounds very odd.
2021 FE Cactus Grey
TK1215, Commodore

Gladesmen

Apr 29, 2021

Hmmm I better check mine.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
AD BRONCO, TK1215

Road trip!!!

Apr 29, 2021

I was talking with a friend / coworker and ask him if he received his production date yet since I received my email last week. He had not and I ask him what his reservation date was, he looked at his reservation page and found that it indicated that his order had been canceled. He did not cancel, so he called the dealer and ask them about it, they said that they did not cancel, they are not sure they would know how to cancel (and honestly why would they). He is waiting to see if the Ford Rep can shed any light. Has anyone heard of such a thing? I know a number of people have canceled, not wanting to wait, however he was in the home stretch, he did not have any of the problem options, Big Bend that was middle of the road build.
There should have been a $100 refund to his CC when it was cancelled.
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.
jd-ford-hd, Munky

Rank V

Apr 29, 2021

I have no idea? Sounds very odd.
At least the Dealer is working with him to try and get the order put back, hopefully he will have some luck and not have to start over.
Commodore, AD BRONCO

Rank V

Apr 30, 2021

There should have been a $100 refund to his CC when it was cancelled.
so far today he spent the day looking into why and when, I don't think he ever took the time to see when or if it was refunded. I will mention it to him, it may help with a time line....
Commodore, Deano Bronc

Rank IV

Apr 30, 2021

so far today he spent the day looking into why and when, I don't think he ever took the time to see when or if it was refunded. I will mention it to him, it may help with a time line....

I cancelled my order with my dealer a month and a half ago. The dealer acknowledged my cancellation request. I have not gotten my $100 refunded yet. Even if the dealer cancelled it, it may not automatically trigger the refund unless you contact Ford directly. I was a late September reservation holder so no hope for delivery until sometime in 2022. 120th at a dealership with 60 allocations. I'm not crazy about the interiors on OBX or lack of high package on BD. I leased an Explorer Limited and plan on getting my Bronco when the lease runs up which will mean I get it probably about 1 to 1.5 years later. Hopefully some of the quirks are corrected by then and there is a more normal level of incentives.
Mountainwiitch, Commodore

Rank VI

Apr 30, 2021

Have him call 1-(800) 334- 4375 and use option 4 for Bronco orders. I have found with the exception of one really nasty person the Ford service people are incredibly helpful.
Commodore, TK1215

Rank V

May 01, 2021

Have him call 1-(800) 334- 4375 and use option 4 for Bronco orders. I have found with the exception of one really nasty person the Ford service people are incredibly helpful.
Thanks!, I will pass this along to him.
Commodore, TK1215

Rank 0

May 22, 2021

This just happened to me today. I will have to call Ford on Monday. Grapevine Ford here in Dallas was not helpful. I’m waiting on a call back from the GM.
Commodore, TK1215

Rank V

May 22, 2021

I cancelled my order with my dealer a month and a half ago. The dealer acknowledged my cancellation request. I have not gotten my $100 refunded yet. Even if the dealer cancelled it, it may not automatically trigger the refund unless you contact Ford directly. I was a late September reservation holder so no hope for delivery until sometime in 2022. 120th at a dealership with 60 allocations. I'm not crazy about the interiors on OBX or lack of high package on BD. I leased an Explorer Limited and plan on getting my Bronco when the lease runs up which will mean I get it probably about 1 to 1.5 years later. Hopefully some of the quirks are corrected by then and there is a more normal level of incentives.

When you convert the res to order the $100 gets transferred to the dealer. If the order had be canceled the res deposit would be refunded from the dealer, not Ford.
Commodore, TK1215

Rank VI

May 23, 2021

I ordered a Sport and then the Bronco, not knowing the ordering and difference in July of last year.
I cancelled the sport and receive a credit to my credit card in about two weeks. That was in January.
Commodore

Rank VI

May 23, 2021

I tried to cancel my order through a Bronco rep and was told only a dealer can cancel orders. I called my dealer and it was cancelled a few days later. From what I know, the dealer has to do it.
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole
Commodore, TK1215

Life is a Highway

May 23, 2021

I tried to cancel my order through a Bronco rep and was told only a dealer can cancel orders. I called my dealer and it was cancelled a few days later. From what I know, the dealer has to do it.
Remember to post and share pics of your new Jeep. I for one am looking forward to seeing it!
Bronc96, AcesandEights

Rank VI

May 23, 2021

None of my business …. However, Ford has made some expensive investments to insure that every preorder is delivered THIS YEAR!

They’ll have 20K built by August 3rd.

Mark my words:)
14U, OddMackey

Rank VI

May 23, 2021

I think many more than 20k in August. I think they will have 20k by the end of June.
300 per day/shift in June
Deedra, TK1215

Mud,Sweat and Gears

May 23, 2021

I canceled mostly because of no response from dealer,but also layoffs at work and the 22 model year offered options I wanted.(work is back and working Saturdays to keep up)My reservation fee was refunded within hours.
I got another reservation with another dealer (hopefully this one communicates) for a 22 MY last week.
WRANCO Flicka, BroncoBill

Rank VI

May 23, 2021

A common thread in these conversations seems to be the dealers we have to deal with and the lack of communication or an apparent lack caring at all about the customer. Most of us are going to pay full price for our Broncos and given the shortage of vehicles new and used on dealers lots I’d be making real sure I held on to every customer waiting for his Bronco and squeezing Ford’s nuts to keep the customer updated and happy and on the hook.
As a Ford shareholder I want a return on my investment and I put my money into a company that does business the right way. I do feel that about Ford but they need to up their communication and the dealers need to follow suit.
Just say’n
Mountainwiitch, 14U

Mud,Sweat and Gears

May 23, 2021

A common thread in these conversations seems to be the dealers we have to deal with and the lack of communication or an apparent lack caring at all about the customer. Most of us are going to pay full price for our Broncos and given the shortage of vehicles new and used on dealers lots I’d be making real sure I held on to every customer waiting for his Bronco and squeezing Ford’s nuts to keep the customer updated and happy and on the hook.
As a Ford shareholder I want a return on my investment and I put my money into a company that does business the right way. I do feel that about Ford but they need to up their communication and the dealers need to follow suit.
Just say’n
I hold a position in F in my IRA, I want to see it do well too.
14U, TK1215

Rank VI

May 23, 2021

Just say’n

Originally, my plan was to buy my Bronco from a Ford dealer in my area. I had four dealerships to pick from. Prior to placing the order, I spent time getting to know the dealerships. There appeared to be a common thread among the sales staff. They each had high turnover. From my experience, the new hires were given a one- or two-month trial period to make sales. If you were not an immediate sale, move on. Phone calls inquiring about anything other than an immediate sale, no time. It was laser focused for job survival. Sure, they might like getting your order, then you do not exist.

Luckily, I found a dealer who did not have that model. It is a model based on superb customer service. Unfortunately, I suspect my dealership is rare.
Mountainwiitch, bdawson24