What Jack will be Included with the 2021 Bronco?

Stereo
Oct 14, 2020

Rank V

Oct 14, 2020

Hey @David
We are always seeking new tidbits of information. If time permits, could you check out the compartment where the jack is stored? Maybe a pic? Maybe dimensions?
Thank you!

It would be interesting to see what jack they include, especially with the Sasquatch Package.
Crysled84, Reldn
Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2020

Rank VI

Oct 14, 2020

It would be interesting to see what jack they include, especially with the Sasquatch Package.
Probably not this one: 90B4816B-DB4D-4A4F-B913-0580ACA447FE.jpeg
Bronco Nation Member #144
David in the Bronco Nation Forums
BroncoTroubadour on Instagram
Bronco_Girl, Jamndad

Rank V

Oct 14, 2020

Probably not this one: View attachment 4601

LOL... definitely not the ARB but one can dream ;-)
IL21Bronco, Bronc96

Rank VI

Oct 14, 2020

You are correct, the standard issue jack may not be the best choice for overland travel with 35s. A high lift jack may be the better option and could be stored in the back or on the roof. That might allow the jack storage compartment to be repurposed. Some owners may wish to carry an axillary battery as well as an onboard air compressor. Although the engine compartment would be a good choice for both, the compartment may be too tight and understanding the size of alternative locations might be helpful. That is where dimensions are important. Access to a tape measure would be a good thing!
Bronco_Girl, Crysled84

Rank VI

Oct 14, 2020

One interesting thing about this event is that it's the first all brands event where they've been on display. It will be fun to see the reactions to them in a crowd that isn't dominated by Bronco fans.

Here in Northern New England, 4-wheel drive or all-wheel drive is important. The region is loaded with Jeep, Tacoma, and Subaru vehicles. Their owners have fierce loyalty to the brands. As you encounter the Jeep or Tacoma owners at Moab, hope for the best and brace yourself.
Crysled84, Bronco_Girl

Rank VI

Oct 14, 2020

Great conversation started over on the Moab 4x4 Expo thread. I'm moving it over here since I think it merits it's own thread.
BroncoStoked, Bronc96

Rank VI

Oct 14, 2020

Some jacks included with other Ford Vehicles:
From https://www.f150forum.com/f38/spare-tire-jack-71718/ :
SDC14290.jpg
BroncoStoked, madbaird

Rank VI

Oct 14, 2020

Some jacks included with other Ford Vehicles:
From https://www.f150forum.com/f38/spare-tire-jack-71718/ :
View attachment 4605
From what I'm seeing around the internet, a similar jack is included with Raptor and it performs quite poorly. Lets hope that there's something better coming for Bronco.
BroncoStoked, Bald Eagle

Rank VI

Oct 14, 2020

From what I'm seeing around the internet, a similar jack is included with Raptor and it performs quite poorly. Lets hope that there's something better coming for Bronco.

As the picture shows, if you get a flat tire while mall crawling the standard issue jack should work just fine. If your out rock crawling in snow and mud, you may prefer a different jack. Just sayin!
Bronco_Girl, Chief1301

Rank VI

Oct 14, 2020

As the picture shows, if you get a flat tire while mall crawling the standard issue jack should work just fine. If your out rock crawling in snow and mud, you may prefer a different jack. Just sayin!
You're certainly correct. It'd be great to see something beefier. Might be hard for Ford to justify doing that given how many folks will engage in those activities vs. those that won't. I also wonder how many hardcore off-roaders already have aftermarket jacks that they carry. Regardless, if that ARB jack or something equivalent is in the accessories catalog then that's something, provided the pricing isn't outrageous. ;)
Bronco_Girl, Bike007b

Rank VI

Oct 16, 2020

That one is about an $800 hurdle to clear. They will certainly have it in the catalog since it is displayed here. Will be interesting what the price will be for it and other top end accessories.
Slownstddy, Chief1301

Rank VI

Oct 16, 2020

You are correct, the standard issue jack may not be the best choice for overland travel with 35s. A high lift jack may be the better option and could be stored in the back or on the roof. That might allow the jack storage compartment to be repurposed. Some owners may wish to carry an axillary battery as well as an onboard air compressor. Although the engine compartment would be a good choice for both, the compartment may be too tight and understanding the size of alternative locations might be helpful. That is where dimensions are important. Access to a tape measure would be a good thing!
At SuperCel I asked the Ford Marketing manager about a second battery just after they unveiled the Overlander concept. He admitted that you would likely need an extra one for that full set up. I guess we will learn more about that coming up.
That is what market research and testing are about. They also wanted to gauge interest on the side blackout panels on the hardtop. They were looking to see how the panels were received.
Bronco_Girl, Slownstddy

Rank II

Oct 16, 2020

now that would be nice i say they should throw that in for all the waiting were doing on the b&p
Bronc96, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Oct 17, 2020

I hope it's this Jack:

Specifically O'Neill, with 2 Ls!
Rgwinn, Bronc96

Rank V

Oct 17, 2020

BN # 526
Badlands 2.7 Sasquatch 4 DR MIC HIGH
Fonz54, Ian Lacasse

Rank II

Oct 17, 2020

I was looking at jacks think I'm going with the inflatable one
Mickey21

Rank VI

Oct 18, 2020

I would love to see Ford include something a little more substantial with the Sasquatch or 35s, however will not get my hopes up. I definitely think a beefier AM unit will be in order!
Badlands, 2 door, 2.3L, Manual, High, Non-SAS, Tow Package, Roof Rails, MIC, Velocity Blue
gothavit, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Oct 18, 2020

It'll almost certainly be a scissor jack
gothavit, Bronc96

Rank V

Oct 18, 2020

It will be a jack worth removing. where I will place a functional jack is on my mind.
Badlands / 4-Door / Anit-Matter Blue / 2.7 / MGV / High Package / Sasquatch Package
Stereo, Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Oct 18, 2020

It will be a jack worth removing. where I will place a functional jack is on my mind.
Yep, a scissor jack just won't cut it with 35s and on the trail...
Badlands, 2 door, 2.3L, Manual, High, Non-SAS, Tow Package, Roof Rails, MIC, Velocity Blue
Bronco_Girl, Bike007b