What exactly is different on a FE compared to any other Bronco?

Broncofly
Jan 14, 2021

Rank VI

Jan 14, 2021

I don’t remember if this topics been discussed or posted here so I figured I’d start it (just overlook my stupidity if it has).

What exactly is on a First Edition Bronco compared to any other Bronco model? (I’ll update the list as others post).

1. Limited to 7000???? ****(No real info as to the actual total number built but given how some customers are getting converted out of First Editions orders for MY22 its very likely the actual number of First Edition Broncos are lower then the original 7000 quoted)******

2. Hood and side graphics (black stripes with cutouts and some white accents).
3. First Edition Bronco badging INSIDE ((MAYBE)....Individual #'d) and OUTSIDE.....on the interior ((MAYBE)...by shift knob, on the bronco sale plate with individual #) and exterior badging. (Pictures Below)
4. A combination of 4x4 features from both Badlands (Heavy-Duty suspension, Stabilizer Bar disconnect, Rock-Crawl GOAT mode) and Wildtrak (Baja GOAT mode (Both features not on any other model)). (If anyone knows more, please post below)
5. Lightening Blue Paint (Photos Below), Available only on FE model for 2021.(Thanks for the info TorqSurv)
6. Lux package as standard......NO MOLLE STRAPS ON THE BACK OF THE SEATS. (Thanks for the info TorqSurv and dsnow58 for the question)
7. Metal rear bumper. (Comparison photos posted a few threads below)
8. Navy Pier or All Black Interior........Originally Navy Pier was the only interior option for a few month after launch and was claimed to be “exclusive to the FE”, yet ironically available on Outerbanks Model. After an outpouring from Bronco fans expressing the dislike of the Navy Pier Interior (Mostly due to contrast with exterior colors), Ford eventually offered a all black interior. Photos of of BOTH Interiors are posted below. *****UPDATE AS OF APRIL 16th.....Black Interior is no longer “Late Availability”, will start production soon*****
9. Full-vehicle under body protection bash plates (Thank you TorqSurv for the info).
10. Carpeted floor (No washout flooring). (Thank you DeepShag).
11. Modular Bumper WITH Bull Bar
12. Rock Rails Included (Info per Bronco4)
13. BLACK Beadloack Ring
14. BLACK Bronco Logo (the Wildtrak is the only other model with a black Bronco logo)
15. MIC Hardtop Only (No Painted Black Hardtop option as pervious info indicated) ***as of late March 2021 info*** ( :mad: NOT COOL FORD:mad: ).........Some info of Painted Black Top delays explained in the video at the bottom of this post......

********Video of First Edition in Moab added at the bottom of this post*******

————The below items I wouldn’t exactly call positive features about the FE, but they’re included————

**NO TOW PACKAGE on 4 Door FE models (due to GVW exceedance).......however, tow assembly add on will be available for all 2021 Bronco’s. You can add this afterwards, waiting on info to confirm FE (4 doors) are pre-wired for it.
**NO ROOF RAILS (Yes, it’s a feature due to exceeding GVW (again)....AND now it seems the roof rails are being redesigned for 2022o_O).
**All FE will ONLY be available in 2021. (Early delivery with MIC hardtop or you can choose “Late Availability” with painted black hardtop. (You’ll get it just before the 2022 builds start).
**Paying about $3000 more than a loaded Wildtrak (IMO the Wildtrak graphics are much better), PLUS with the Wildtrak you can get the Tow Package and Roof Rails:mad:
**NO “Sport” GOAT mode, better for highway driving. (Thank you DeepShag).
**Only 5 colors available to choose from. (Thank you DeepShag)
**NO paint protection option. (Thank you DeepShag)
**NO manual transmission option. (Thank you DeepShag)
**NO running board option....comes with Metal Rock Rails (Thank you DeepShag)
**Fixed low (no option) Axle ratio......same as Badlands model (Thank you DeepShag)
**NO Molle Straps on the back of the seats due to Lux package.
***** Free coffee in a Yeti cup included*****......a HIGHLY contested topic! True....or Not....:unsure::LOL: (Thank you Buckin’ and DeepShag)

*******Last point to add about the FE, It's a combination of different Bronco model bits and bobs that may or may not ever be put together again as a current Bronco model. It doesn't mean Ford won't do this combination after 2021 or when it revises the next version of the Bronco, it just means it is as it sits......a unique Bronco model unlike any other.*********

Please continue posting below any additional knowledge you know about the FE, I will update the list as needed. Also, can someone please explain to me the mechanical 4x4 features that was originally going to be on the FE that combined features of the Badlands and Wildtrak because I’m still unclear what exactly those are (would be helpful to other as well)?!

Cheers and shout-out to those fellow Bronco owners whom were among the lucky FE order holders. :cool: (y) (y)

••••••••The most current chart of features by trim•••••••
315B7426-C20F-4D76-A1B2-DE8BB397245C.png

OTHER FE Info or Knowledge
*Bronco First Edition Vin #0001......sold at Barrett Jackson Auction (For Charity).....for $1,075,000.......HOLY TOLEDO!

BN First Edition video........whats it really look like?

*************FE's photos posted below*****************

Interior choices for FE.......

Black Interior
FA9D54C9-BCB2-44F1-8211-517060643FD5.png9DAE90C7-06AA-4F54-B59C-42376413BDAC.png

Navy Pier interior.........
06183699-74C7-409B-9327-8A8CE8D5250D.jpeg

**************EXTERIOR PHOTOS***************

Lightening Blue Exterior...........
LB-Details-3.jpg
LB-Details-7.jpg
Screen Shot 2021-02-08 at 10.22.34 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-02-08 at 10.27.31 AM.png
LB-Details-6.jpg

********************Video of FE in Moab**********************
--------Some great info about features in practical uses and general 4x4 discussion-------

*********Congrats to Copey23 on taking what looks to be the FIRST FE Bronco on BN, posted by him on this link------>Copey23 and his FE.**********

*******FINALLY.....Papa's Bronco is SCHEDULED FOR BUILD*******

Date changed from Nov 8th to Nov 15th.

02982406-18C1-445D-BD71-799CF1ADE26D.jpeg

**Updates**
March 16th 2021 with new exterior FE badging, black Bronco Logo and updated photos*
March 29th 2021 Added Vin 0001 auction info.
March 30th 2021 Added MIC hardtop info.
April 3rd 2021 Added video of FE in Moab
April 5th 2021 Added info about Molle Straps on the back of the seats.
April 16th 2021 Update, black interior no longer “Late Availability” option, production starting soon.
April 16th 2021 Bull bar has been updated to not block Bronco lettering.
June 10th 2021 Added Bronco Nation FE video
July 1st 2021. FE Interior badging near the shifter.....may NOT have an individual number.:(
Sep 8th 2021........Papa's got his FE scheduled to build!!!:) (y) (Date changed from Nov 8th to Nov 15th)
Oct 12, 2021. Added comments as to the 7000 FE being built. Actual number seems lower considering orders un-filled and being converted to MY22.
A big square Lightening Blue FE with puffy tires.....and a CB antenna for good measure! ;-)
Shadowblade, CCDetroit

Off-Roadeo Ranger

Jan 14, 2021

On number 4: FE gets the Badlands heavy-duty suspension (only available on Badlands & FE, not even WT has it), and the stabilizer bar disconnect (also not available on WT). FE also gets the Sasquatch package which is standard on WT (and available on BL). FE gets the same GOAT modes as Badlands, including Rock-Crawl and Baja (WT does not have Rock-Crawl). FE gets full-vehicle underbody protection bash plates (same as BL & BD, optional on WT).

FE is the only model that comes with Lux as standard equipment (optional upgrade on BL, WT, OB).

Lightning Blue is available only on FE.
Shadowblade, Rgwinn

Wank ER

Jan 14, 2021

As I understand as an FE order holder:
- You are forced into carpeted flooring with no option of wash-out. Ironic because it is the most capable off-roader and geared for rock crawling which can be messy.
- You do not get "Sport" GOAT mode - I wonder why they don't give all GOAT modes to the FE which would be special. I believe the sport mode to be one better for highway driving.
- You are forced to leather motorized seats which do not last as well in sun and weather as well as weigh a lot more than the manual ones.
- You are limited by the weight of many features. (Brush guard, Metal bumpers, brash plate, motorized seats)
- No standard rock rails
- Only 5 colors available to choose from
- No paint protection option
- No manual transmission
- No running board option
- Fixed low (no option) Axle ratio

I am expecting options to be added to the FE like:
- Pull-out tail gate for 4 door
- Tailgate door table
- FE key chain
- FE blanket
- FE Yeti Cup
- and a cup of Coffee
2021 FE Cactus Grey
Broncofly, CCDetroit

Rank V

Jan 14, 2021

First off, I think most of the negativity is towards the 4-Dr. The 2-Dr has towing, rock rails (both 2 & 4 Dr) and not sure about the axle ratio comment. I think it is all within the beholder of a FE reservation... A FE may be overpriced to many or many may be upset they couldn't reserve one. The process to reserve one was arduous. It required patience, time, and nerve racking moments to finally get that reservation confirmation. Having said that you are correct, what makes a FE special...? Well... it's a FE and there are only 7000. And those of us that have one reserved/delivered don't really care what the rest of the world thinks, because we will still pull beside you and be in awe of your Bronco because it is a Bronco. Looking forward to seeing you on the trails!
~Danno
Bronco Nation# 212
First Edition, 2-Dr, Lightning Blue, Blk Seats, Tow Package (Res: 7/13)
BroncoBill, Bronco4

Wank ER

Jan 14, 2021

First off, I think most of the negativity is towards the 4-Dr. The 2-Dr has towing, rock rails (both 2 & 4 Dr) and not sure about the axle ratio comment. I think it is all within the beholder of a FE reservation... A FE may be overpriced to many or many may be upset they couldn't reserve one. The process to reserve one was arduous. It required patience, time, and nerve racking moments to finally get that reservation confirmation. Having said that you are correct, what makes a FE special...? Well... it's a FE and there are only 7000. And those of us that have one reserved/delivered don't really care what the rest of the world thinks, because we will still pull beside you and be in awe of your Bronco because it is a Bronco. Looking forward to seeing you on the trails!
D190065 - With all due respect what I stated are facts not negativity. Concerning the axle ratio, the FE comes standard with Sasquatch a 4.7 axle ratio is also standard, thus you are forced to have a low gearing not as suitable for speed or gas mileage. Again, just another fact. Some are not aware of these facts.
2021 FE Cactus Grey
Shadowblade, Broncofly

Rank V

Jan 15, 2021

- FE Yeti Cup
- and a cup of Coffee
If they put the coffee in the Yeti at the factory it might still be hot when it arrives at the dealership :D
BC33, boone

Rank IV

Jan 15, 2021

Two words [Lightning Blue] enough said.
Lightning Blue 2021 Bronco First Edition Navy Pier Interior 6.jpgIMG_3931 (1).jpg
BC33, BORNWLD

Rank IV

Jan 15, 2021

On number 4: FE gets the Badlands heavy-duty suspension (only available on Badlands & FE, not even WT has it), and the stabilizer bar disconnect (also not available on WT). FE also gets the Sasquatch package which is standard on WT (and available on BL). FE gets the same GOAT modes as Badlands, including Rock-Crawl and Baja (WT does not have Rock-Crawl). FE gets full-vehicle underbody protection bash plates (same as BL & BD, optional on WT).

FE is the only model that comes with Lux as standard equipment (optional upgrade on BL, WT, OB).

Lightning Blue is available only on FE.
I thought every Bronco with Sasquatch package received the same Heavy-Duty suspension. Where did you read only on Badlands and FE.
Broncofly

Off-Roadeo Ranger

Jan 15, 2021

Most Broncos will have "Standard Duty Suspension".

In the order guide, under Badlands/Standard Equipment/Functional it lists "Badlands Suspension". FE includes all standard equipment from Badlands.
In the order guide, Wildtrak includes OB equipment, which includes BB equipment, which includes Base equipment, which lists Standard Duty Suspension. WT adds Sasquatch which includes High-Clearance, but not HD or Badlands Suspension.

Check here https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco/2021/models/bronco-wildtrak/ under Power and Handling for WildTrak (which includes Sasquatch). It lists "Standard-Duty Suspension" and "High-Clearance Suspension".
Compare to https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco/2021/models/bronco-badlands/ under Power and Handling for Badlands. It lists "Badlands Suspension", with "High-Clearance Suspension" as optional.

Badlands is also described in several documents as having a "Unique Badlands Suspension", which includes the sta-bar disconnect, but I think there's more to it that we don't have details on yet. In the Q/A session we were just told that Badlands & Sasquatch suspensions are very similar, but no details were provided, and they seemed to be focusing primarily on the suspension height. I was told once by a reputable source that the frame is reinforced on Badlands, but haven't gotten written or photographic evidence of that yet.
Shadowblade, D190065

Rank VI

Jan 15, 2021

D190065 - With all due respect what I stated are facts not negativity. Concerning the axle ratio, the FE comes standard with Sasquatch a 4.7 axle ratio is also standard, thus you are forced to have a low gearing not as suitable for speed or gas mileage. Again, just another fact. Some are not aware of these facts.

I thought once anyone with a Badlands or a Wildtrak added a Sasquatch package, they’d get the 4.7 gear ratios regardless?! How bad do you think these gear ratios will impact the MPG (The tires would most likely)......because my Broncos towing some dirt bikes and I have a few states to cross before the bikes are off the trailer.:unsure:
A big square Lightening Blue FE with puffy tires.....and a CB antenna for good measure! ;-)
Shadowblade

Rank VI

Jan 15, 2021

Well, besides the fact that I will have my FE in 2021?
Ordered: 4-Door First Edition - Rapid Red - Black Seats - MIC Top - Build Date: 10/25
In Garage: ‘62 Red Vette - ‘07 Black Shelby Ragtop - ‘21 F150 Platinum PowerBoost - Rapid Red
Broncofly

Rank I

Jan 15, 2021

Build and price still shows rock rails standard for FE, still haven't seen confirmation. Was paint protection originally included on FE?
Broncofly

Rank V

Jan 15, 2021

I think the jury is still out on the rear steel bumper, correct? The only pictures of the FE I don't believe show a steel rear bumper, unless I missed something.
Broncofly

Rank VI

Jan 15, 2021

I think the jury is still out on the rear steel bumper, correct? The only pictures of the FE I don't believe show a steel rear bumper, unless I missed something.
I was wondering the same thing. I don’t remember.seeing anything other then a post in another forum.

Rank IV

Jan 16, 2021

Couple FE'S with rear steel bumpers

IMG_3997.jpg126266966_10223359799000721_8505368500934901149_n.jpg
D190065, Broncofly

Rank VI

Jan 16, 2021

Couple FE'S with rear steel bumpers

View attachment 7660View attachment 7661
I’m not saying these are not steel bumpers but compared to the front steel bumper.......these look like they’re plastic molding/shells on perhaps steel frames?!:unsure:

Rank IV

Jan 16, 2021

I’m not saying these are not steel bumpers but compared to the front steel bumper.......these look like they’re plastic molding/shells on perhaps steel frames?!:unsure:
The regular rear bumpers that are not steel have a more flat look to them. See pics below.
2021 Bronco Sasquatch Big Bend Cactus Gray Soft Top 4-Door  4.jpgRace Red Outerbanks Sasquatch _ Interior and exterior pics 6.jpg
D190065, Deano Bronc

Rank IV

Jan 22, 2021

So, to be clear, best of all models but without the Roof Rack, Rock Rails and/or tube steps, Tow hitch on 4dr, Did I get it right? They really need to get the weight/center of gravity issue dealt with ASAP.
Broncofly

Rank IV

Jan 22, 2021

So, to be clear, best of all models but without the Roof Rack, Rock Rails and/or tube steps, Tow hitch on 4dr, Did I get it right? They really need to get the weight/center of gravity issue dealt with ASAP.
Don't forget the newly optioned Black interior. Best of all the interiors, IMO.
2021 Bronco First Edition Black Leather 0.jpg2021 Bronco First Edition Black Leather 3.jpg
D190065, Broncofly

Off-Roadeo Ranger

Jan 23, 2021

Yep, pretty much. Remember that the primary goal in the design of this vehicle is off-road capability. Payload and towing and certain configurations are limited because of that. If it were optimized for towing, payload, and comfort it would not be nearly as capable on the trails.
D190065, Broncofly