Well, Ford played chicken, and I flinched.

BrAUnc

Rank III

Advocate II

Jul 4, 2021
Boaz, AL
First Name
Johnny
Last Name
Bolton
Member #

I just emailed my dealer, to drop the hard top to a soft top, to give myself any chance at all of getting AMB. I am not budging on the 2.7 or Sasquatch though. If it doesn't work, I will go back to the drawing board, reluctantly....I will buy a Bestop fastback top either way. I guess I will just live with soft top only for a while.

RdCrom86

Rank 0

Advocate II

May 5, 2021
Austin, Tx
First Name
Ross
Last Name
Delomel
I just emailed my dealer, to drop the hard top to a soft top, to give myself any chance at all of getting AMB. I am not budging on the 2.7 or Sasquatch though. If it doesn't work, I will go back to the drawing board, reluctantly....I will buy a Bestop fastback top either way. I guess I will just live with soft top only for a while.
Just did the exact same thing for the same reason. Switched to the soft top to get it sooner and preserve the AMB color selection, and will just get a Bestop and maybe a MIC top one day..

AcesandEights

Rank V

Promoter II

Oct 22, 2020
Oregon, USA
First Name
Aresenio
Last Name
Beckman
It looks like 2021 is becoming the Year of Compromise to get what we want. It was for me because I changed to a soft top and reconfigured my entire build and now have a build date and VIN. Hope that your change gets you an AMB Bronco.
If it is a compromise, do you really get what you want?

Reactions: ChapEJF

BrAUnc

Rank III

Advocate II

Jul 4, 2021
Boaz, AL
First Name
Johnny
Last Name
Bolton
Member #

Valid point. It all comes down to what you are willing to compromise on, and what you aren't. I was willing to compromise on a soft top, because now I know Patriot is building a fastback hard top. I was going to buy a Bestop fastback soft top, but would love a fastback hard top also. I like the lines of a fastback top, with the rear body line of the Bronco. I am not budging on 2.7 engine, sasquatch package, etc. even if that pushes me out to 2023. Hell, I might even be tempted to go Warthog, when the info is released for it. The color I wanted was more important than the top, since I am buying aftermarket anyway.

ChapEJF

Rank V

Don't delete

Jul 7, 2020
Fort Walton Beach, FL, USA
First Name
Everett
Last Name
Franklin
Member #

Most definitely! What I want is a Bronco, and I have no illusion of a perfect build for my Bronco. I have a few non-negotiable items but others I forego because of price or practicality. I was against a soft top until Ford offered the hard top prep kit. I then chose to opt for the soft top until I can purchase a hard top at a later date. There are aspects of other vehicles (Wrangler, 4Runner) that I really like that the Bronco does not offer and I have compromised to get a Bronco that fits most of my needs.

Reactions: Deano Bronc