Video – “Tips for Off-Roading Beginners”

BuzzyBud
Jan 25, 2021

Rank VI

Jan 25, 2021

If you are like me, off-roading will be a new adventure and you realize there is a lot to learn. I find myself scanning YouTube videos for ideas which are aimed toward the newbie off-roader. These videos are not what I would call “Best Practice” but do communicate ideas worth considering.

I attached a video entitled “Tips for Off-Roading Beginners” narrated by Driven Mad. For me, his honest straightforward approach is engaging. I find myself saying, “Hey, I can do that”!

Hope you find this helpful.

Chandlerstuart505, RCH313
Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2021

Rank V

Jan 25, 2021

Best thing a person new to off-roading can do is go with someone with experience, either while actually driving or riding either one. Even following the line of an experienced driver will increase your abilities and save you some paint and repairs.
2D BL, Sas, 2.7l, High, Silver 10:22pm 7/13/20 Res, 1/31 2/7 2/14 2/28 3/7 build dates
built 3/11/22, delivered 4/16/22
TorgSurv, Jakob1972

Rank V

Jan 25, 2021

If you are like me, off-roading will be a new adventure and you realize there is a lot to learn. I find myself scanning YouTube videos for ideas which are aimed toward the newbie off-roader. These videos are not what I would call “Best Practice” but do communicate ideas worth considering.

I attached a video entitled “Tips for Off-Roading Beginners” narrated by Driven Mad. For me, his honest straightforward approach is engaging. I find myself saying, “Hey, I can do that”!

Hope you find this helpful.

Thanks for the video! I am a newbie.
Jakob1972, Rgwinn

Rank III

Jan 28, 2021

Pick who you wheel with carefully, there are plenty of wrecking crews out there.
That super experienced guy, might not be your best trail guide. Always remember that spotters bear no responsibility, be very picky with who you listen to.
Generally start wheeling with guys/gals that have similar condition trucks which will bring expectations into line.

This will be tough for new Bronco owners since everyone is eager to see how it performs in consumer hands and size it up to current offerings.
AcesandEights, TorgSurv

Rank VI

Jan 28, 2021

They key concept is keeping your tires on the larger obstacles, even a small rock (8-9”) can hang up the differential. Which is why people keep moving up in tire sizes, and eventually lift kits. The larger tires provide additional ground clearance.
Ordered: 4-Door First Edition - Rapid Red - Black Seats - MIC Top - Build Date: 10/25
In Garage: ‘62 Red Vette - ‘07 Black Shelby Ragtop - ‘21 F150 Platinum PowerBoost - Rapid Red
TorgSurv, Jakob1972

Gladesmen

Jan 28, 2021

I love Hidden Falls. One thing I did was buy a 1:10 RC rock crawler. It is a cheap and fun way to get experience with this sport. It will help you chose a line and you are your own spotter. It sounds weird but the same concepts apply. And if you do something silly there is no harm. Like the few times I have rolled mine.
1C5CAF91-38CB-4E95-89BC-DD409651EC4D.jpeg
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
Slownstddy, AcesandEights

Rank VI

Feb 01, 2021

New video drop. Justin to the rescue for beginners like myself. Enjoy!

Favorite line from the video: "My Tacoma was so overloaded, it moved like a hippopotamus in wet cement." Now how often do you hear that analogy? Ha-ha!

Jakob1972, Thane

Rank VI

Feb 01, 2021

Scouts!!!! The original Bronco!
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole
Jakob1972, BuzzyBud

Rank V

Feb 01, 2021

New video drop. Justin to the rescue for beginners like myself. Enjoy!

Favorite line from the video: "My Tacoma was so overloaded, it moved like a hippopotamus in wet cement." Now how often do you hear that analogy? Ha-ha!

Thanks, excellent video! He makes great content; he is funny, relevant and informative.
4DR OBX, A51, 2.3L/Auto, Soft Top, High Package, 4.27 Locking Rear Diff, AUX Switches
Reserved: 7/14/20, Ordered: 1/29/21, Built: 9/7/21, Assumed the Reins: 9/14/21
Chandlerstuart505, Jakob1972

Looking for rocks!

Feb 01, 2021

Thanks, excellent video! He makes great content; he is funny, relevant and informative.
I agree! Great video. Thanks @BuzzyBud !
All common sense stuff but its so easy to keep making the same mistakes time and time again.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
Jakob1972, BuzzyBud

Rank III

Feb 01, 2021

Great video and Hi-Lift jacks are evil, over-rated, farmer jacks for fence mending.

Uni-Jack (hydraulic jack stands) are far superior, safe, simple to operate, lighter, smaller...

For camp entertainment ask for a Hi-Lift as a winch demonstration, endless fun.
Buckin', Jakob1972

Rank VI

Feb 02, 2021

Great video and Hi-Lift jacks are evil, over-rated, farmer jacks for fence mending.

Uni-Jack (hydraulic jack stands) are far superior, safe, simple to operate, lighter, smaller...

For camp entertainment ask for a Hi-Lift as a winch demonstration, endless fun.
I had never heard of uni jacks. Interesting. Thanks
BuzzyBud