using manual shift mode on my Automatic 2.7 badlands going from 1st to second experiencing a brief stall

tsmendenhall
Jan 13, 2022

Rank IV

Jan 13, 2022

It only happens when going up a hill. I like to use the manual mode. I am pretty sure the answer is going to be not to shift to 2nd going up a hill. My friend experienced the same thing.
Love my Bronco, new to off roading. Went to Bronco off rodeo it was a blast and very informative
Gimesnow
Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2022

Trusted and Carefree

Feb 01, 2022

It only happens when going up a hill. I like to use the manual mode. I am pretty sure the answer is going to be not to shift to 2nd going up a hill. My friend experienced the same thing.
Love my Bronco, new to off roading. Went to Bronco off rodeo it was a blast and very informative
What RPMs are you at when you shift? I wonder if its bogging in second because of the drop. Try running it up further in 1st and then shifting to 2nd and see if thats the issue. Maybe also turbo lag?
I was very impressed with the manual shifting in the auto at the Off rodeo. Good luck!
2023 Wildtrak. "Sometimes you got to get lost, to get found" -J Bronco
Gimesnow

Rank I

Mar 31, 2022

How steep of an incline are you going up? Off rodeo was fun butt it would have been nice to drive a manual there.
Base 2 Door, Manual shift, Shadow Black and auxiliary switches

Rank IV

Mar 31, 2022

How steep of an incline are you going up? Off rodeo was fun butt it would have been nice to drive a manual there.
coming off a very steep incline but still going up, not completely leveled.

Rank IV

Dec 17, 2022

FYI the auto will manual shift even when not in manual mode. I use it all the time, It will hold a gear downhill, but when you level out or accelerate and speed up it goes back to auto...
2022 Bronco 2dr Basesquatch 2.7
Carbonized Grey Mod Bumper Rock rails Brush guard Hitch Pod lights Black bead locks KMA-367