TX Off-Rodeo (What a Blast!)

Cooknn
Jul 28, 2021

Rank VI

Jul 28, 2021

My wife and I totally enjoyed the Off-Rodeo experience in Horseshoe Bay, TX. Dan and John were outstanding instructors and we not only learned a lot about how to get the most out of the Bronco, we also made new friends and overcame some challenges that allowed us to leave with a great sense of accomplishment. Very impressive that Ford built that facility just for us. And the terrain was incredible. Video just doesn’t do justice to the feeling you get as you setup your Bronco, pick your line and navigate the hills and rocks (there was some water).

At one point we were setting up to go down a steep hill - I put the Bronco in Manual 1 with Trail Control set to 1mph and let it take itself down the hill. No brakes and no accelerator. Went against everything my head was telling me. In another situation we had to get around a 180 degree turn and I noticed a couple Bronco’s in front of me had to stop, back up and turn again to make it around. I said to my wife “watch this” and I engaged Turn Assist then flipped the Bronco right around that turn. The guy behind me then did the same thing :cool:

Attached is a video my wife shot as we navigated a little water crossing and up a hill. As mentioned previously, being there and doing it is way different than watching on a cell phone!

PSUTE, Deano Bronc
Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2021

Wank ER

Jul 29, 2021

Sa-weeeet! Hitting Vegas in a few weeks.
2021 FE Cactus Grey
Cooknn