Two Top Option?

Dr. Rondo
Feb 27, 2021

Rank 0

Feb 27, 2021

I ordered a Black Diamond with the two top option. Mic/Soft. If I edit my order and get the standard soft top to get my Bronco sooner, will I be able to add a hard top down the road? Maybe even a white hard top?
Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2021

Rank VI

Feb 27, 2021

I ordered a Black Diamond with the two top option. Mic/Soft. If I edit my order and get the standard soft top to get my Bronco sooner, will I be able to add a hard top down the road? Maybe even a white hard top?
I'd actually do the reverse, order it with the MIC top and get the soft top down the road. I believe if you order with just the soft top, the connection points for rear wiper and washer dispense for a hard top will not be installed at the factory.

Ford has said the white top will be on a limited number of trims in MY22, so we don't know if it will be a stand alone option to buy at this point.
‘22, 4 door Badlands, 2.3l, MT, MIC top, lux, Sasquatch, tow. Velocity Blue.
Build Complete --> 5/5/2022. Delivered 5/25/2022.
Bronco Nation #1115
Deano Bronc, Bronc96

Rank 0

Feb 27, 2021

My understanding is that ordering the Mic top will most likely cause a build delay? The soft top is standard on the four door, do ordering it that way will not cause a delay? Good point about the connections. I really want both tops, hard for winter and soft for summer. Ordered a rapid red and love the look of the white top. Just don’t want to wait till 2022, trying to figure this all out.

Rank V

Feb 27, 2021

Ordering dual tops is late availability (late summer). You should be able to get either/or with no delay.

If you want both tops but don't want to delay your order (like me), it is much cheaper and easier to get the hard top now and soft top later.
Deano Bronc, Bronc96

Rank VI

Feb 27, 2021

Ordering dual tops is late availability (late summer). You should be able to get either/or with no delay.
Correct. Neither the MIC nor the soft top are late availability individually. Ordering both is late availability. As is the black painted modular top.

Rapid Red is a great color and will look great with whatever top option you choose.
‘22, 4 door Badlands, 2.3l, MT, MIC top, lux, Sasquatch, tow. Velocity Blue.
Build Complete --> 5/5/2022. Delivered 5/25/2022.
Bronco Nation #1115
Dr. Rondo

Rank 0

Feb 27, 2021

Just curious. If individually they are not late availability, why is ordering both cause a delay?

No Ragerts

Feb 27, 2021

If you want both tops but don't want to delay your order (like me), it is much cheaper and easier to get the hard top now and soft top later.
While I have no facts, if Ford is anything like Jeep, the price of the stand alone soft top (after you take delivery with a hard top) will likely be more expensive than ordering the dual top option up front.
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
Buckin', Dr. Rondo

Gladesmen

Feb 27, 2021

I would put money on the Aftermarket coming out with a white hard top. Especially if Ford is not going to offer it as a stand alone option. But yes get the hard top from factory so you can get the Washer and wiper connections.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
AmCap76, Dr. Rondo

Rank V

Feb 28, 2021

While I have no facts, if Ford is anything like Jeep, the price of the stand alone soft top (after you take delivery with a hard top) will likely be more expensive than ordering the dual top option up front.
Oh, absolutely. But it'll be a lot less than a hard top. And less work.

I'm hoping to get my Bronco in June so I'm avoiding the dual top delay.
Dr. Rondo