Trailer hitch and Bike racks

Bronco Gal
Apr 03, 2021

Rank III

Apr 03, 2021

I got the Base because of the 7-sp manual, but desire several components from the Sasquatch package and other parts not available with the 7-sp model orders. I expect to do some after-market upgrades, and one of them is a trailer hitch - not to tow trailers but because there are some great bicycle racks that are mounted on the back using a trailer hitch. I see that the full-size spare tire comes with the base, mounted on the back. Does anybody know of particular trailer hitches that permit a bike rack to be mounted far out enough to get past the spare? seems like an odd thing, but I know of no such thing. Any ideas?
Last edited by a moderator: Apr 03, 2021

No Ragerts

Apr 03, 2021

I got the Base because of the 7-sp manual, but desire several components from the Sasquatch package and other parts not available with the 7-sp model orders. I expect to do some after-market upgrades, and one of them is a trailer hitch - not to tow trailers but because there are some great bicycle racks that are mounted on the back using a trailer hitch. I see that the full-size spare tire comes with the base, mounted on the back. Does anybody know of particular trailer hitches that permit a bike rack to be mounted far out enough to get past the spare? seems like an odd thing, but I know of no such thing. Any ideas?
The majority of 2” receiver bike racks have an offset of several inches and will work with the Bronco (as they do with other vehicles with outboard mounted spare tires such as Jeep). I have a Thule and it works fine with my Jeeps and I expect it to be fine on my new Bronco too!
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)

Libations MOD

Apr 03, 2021

Yakima makes an extension to do exactly that as the factory won't work as they are pretty short. It was listed in the build section and also in the accessory catalog that's on here too
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
Deano Bronc

Gladesmen

Apr 03, 2021

Yeah I am concerned about adding an extension to a bike rack especially the 4 bike rack we have. It gets pretty heavy with four 29er hard tail MTBs hanging way back there.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
Bronco Gal

Rank III

Apr 03, 2021

Yakima makes an extension to do exactly that as the factory won't work as they are pretty short. It was listed in the build section and also in the accessory catalog that's on here too
ah of course. good old Yakima. Is it specially designed for the Broncos or is it one of their "standard" products? I do not have the weight issue Jakob 1972 has - I would just have one bike on it. Thanks!
ResidualGenius

Libations MOD

Apr 03, 2021

ah of course. good old Yakima. Is it specially designed for the Broncos or is it one of their "standard" products? I do not have the weight issue Jakob 1972 has - I would just have one bike on it. Thanks!
I'm pretty sure that it's just their standard 2in receiver extension
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
Bronco Gal