Towing package question

drtabick
May 06, 2021

Rank IV

May 06, 2021

Towing package question. Can I order this as an accessory through the dealer once my Bronco arrives or did I have to order this through Ford when I placed my order?
Bronco Gal
Last edited by a moderator: May 06, 2021

Standing Grumpy Face

May 06, 2021

I doubt it will be an actual accessory. But it should be able to be added after the fact. The only thing is the wiring may have to be spliced in. Personally I'm not a fan of that. I'd just pull the trigger and have it done from the factory.
Buckin Bronco, Bronc96

Rank VI

May 06, 2021

The hitch and wiring harness/plug are available separate to purchase through your dealer. However, I am with @Garemlin, for the money and not having your factory harness hacked up I would opt to have it done at the factory.
Badlands, 2 door, 2.3L, Manual, High, Non-SAS, Tow Package, Roof Rails, MIC, Velocity Blue
Buckin Bronco

Rank VI

May 06, 2021

I contacted my dealer parts dept. and the quoted a price of $350 + $110 for the parts. The Service Dept. Quoted $400 just to install it. So it looks like $595 from the factory isn’t so bad after all.

I will wait for after market.
2021 4-door; Adv. 4x4; 2.3L; 10spd Auto; Area 51; Black Diamond; Mid pkg; door bags.
drtabick, Speed Devil

Your unofficial Favorite Author

May 07, 2021

I'm just wondering if it'll hold up my order, as it's part of the deadly Fo'
2dr Badlands 2.3 Manual w/Mid, Rapid Red
My blog, Mfcomics.net, my stories: https://payhip.com/MFComics
KennyMac

Your unofficial Favorite Author

May 07, 2021

I contacted my dealer parts dept. and the quoted a price of $350 + $110 for the parts. The Service Dept. Quoted $400 just to install it. So it looks like $595 from the factory isn’t so bad after all.

I will wait for after market.

1620417275629.png
2dr Badlands 2.3 Manual w/Mid, Rapid Red
My blog, Mfcomics.net, my stories: https://payhip.com/MFComics
KennyMac

Rank III

May 14, 2021

Towing package question. Can I order this as an accessory through the dealer once my Bronco arrives or did I have to order this through Ford when I placed my order?
I sure hope you can get it as an aftermarket adder. My Base didn't offer it as an option, and I'll need an extension for a bike rack that will go past the spare tire!
Gocats

Home, home on the range

May 14, 2021

Yes it can be added later, but some had questions about how the wiring would be done. Splicing them in seems like the only option and there are concerns about that. There are a lot of people that will still go AM or have it installed later by Ford.
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 2dr 2.3L manual Hot Pepper Red. Reserved 8/7/20. Ordered 1/23/21. Reordered 10/08/21. Scheduled week of January 24th 2022, delivered 2/24/2022
drtabick, Bronco Gal

Rank I

Jul 08, 2021

I went ahead and added to my order because it cost me between $250 and $300 to buy and have just the hitch installed on my 2009 F150. I figured the price was reasonable for it to be factory added.
Deano Bronc, Bronc96