Tow Package question?

Drew
Aug 26, 2021

Rank V

Aug 26, 2021

So I have a Big Bend 2.3 4 door manual transmission and an wondering if it has a trans cooler or if I need to worry about towing a small camper down the road or if I can. Can I add a brake controller? The big issue is I added the hitch and wiring (factory) and it is only a 4 pin.

Trailer hitch assembly, Wiring harness 4-pin, and a hitch extension I paid $494.80.
I installed hitch assembly and am having ford dealer install wiring harness. They said it would be about $400-$450 for install. My 2 Bronco order hasn't been scheduled and I came across this one so I bought it for MSAP. I just wish it had the tow package already. Just a little worried.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you.
Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2021

Rank VI

Dec 13, 2021

Manual transmissions don’t heat up like automatic transmissions do, so it is not needed on a manual.
BL EG 7MT 2.3L Lux O-=====-O Michigan
Order: 10/26/21, Blend: 8/8/22, Built: 8/30, Driveway: 9/20/22
Bronco V-8

Rank V

Dec 13, 2021

Also check Ford Accessories for wiring harnessand then add your dealership. The price for install is cheaper

Rank V

Dec 17, 2021

Manual transmissions don’t heat up like automatic transmissions do, so it is not needed on a manual.
Also if you do have an auto trans, the trailer package does not add additional coolers for trans or oil. That is built into the vehicle period. All the trailer package gives you is the hitch, wiring harness, and 4/7 plugs. According to my dealer!!
Crawler Green