Advocate II

May 29, 2021
Ruther Glenn VA 22546
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Moran
Member #

Good evening folks! I need some help. I want to change out my tires which are Continentals and upgrade to a better and more aggressive one. I don't what to do a lift nor change the size ( 225 65 17). I also don't what to sacrifice speed rate or mileage. FYI, I'm getting 30.3 mpg. Any suggestions??

Thanks,
Ron

TK1215

Rank VI

Champion I

Jan 1, 2021
Maricopa, AZ
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Kiely
Member #

Good evening folks! I need some help. I want to change out my tires which are Continentals and upgrade to a better and more aggressive one. I don't what to do a lift nor change the size ( 225 65 17). I also don't what to sacrifice speed rate or mileage. FYI, I'm getting 30.3 mpg. Any suggestions??

Thanks,
Ron
I suggest you keep you Continentals

Ditchrunner

Rank II

Super Supporter II

May 24, 2021
728 Adams St, 63301
First Name
DON
Last Name
CWIKLOWSKI

Thanks,
Ron
The more aggressive the tread design the lower the mileage. There's no way around that. A standard highway tire has lower rolling resistance, therefore smoother ride and better mileage. If you move to an all-terrain tread choose something with a continuous center rib, this will help with the mileage. Also, if the door jamb states 32psi (for example) you can increase that a couple of pounds and it will also help to decrease rolling resistance.

RMoran522

Rank 0

Advocate II

May 29, 2021
Ruther Glenn VA 22546
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Moran
Member #

Thanks for all of your replies folks! I ended up getting a set of Michelin Defenders. I stayed with the same size and wheel and gave the Continentals to my daughter inlaw . They only had 6k on them. Bottom line is we're all happy!! LOL

Attachments

Reactions: Ditchrunner