Tire Changing – Gear Testing.

BuzzyBud
Mar 22, 2021

Rank VI

Mar 22, 2021

I recently purchased a Pro Eagle jack 1.5T and it was now time to test the operation on my F150. In addition, I gathered my torque wrench, and lug nut sockets. I also gathered two optional items. My wheel chocks and safety triangle kit.

The goal of this testing is to resolve three issues.
  • Does the gear operate as expected?
  • Does my knowledge allow me to operate the gear in a safe and efficient manner?
  • Are there any “Occasional User” issues that need notes attached to the gear?
All this gear was easy to operate and appears to be of good quality. Since I will probably be an occasional user, I plan to attach the following notes.
  • Jack – Turn handle clockwise to raise and counterclockwise to lower. Important note: Turn counterclockwise very slowly to lower the vehicle.
  • Torque wrench – Attach note regarding recommended torque setting for Bronco lug nuts. Attach a note as a reminder to reset the wrench to the lowest setting prior to storage.
Quick comment regarding optional gear. It helps to understand your off-road risks. If rocks are readily available use them in place of wheel chocks. If the roadways are not dangerous for changing a tire, you may not need the safety triangle kit. During my years of RV camping, I have used both and was glad they were part of my kit.

The next stage of testing will continue once my Bronco arrives.

Note: Although the Pro Eagle 1.5T will lift the front end of an F150. It is not the recommended jack for that vehicle. The 2.0T would be my go-to jack for the F150.

ProEagle Jack.jpgTorque Wrench.jpgLug Nut Sockets.jpgWheel Chocks.jpgF150 Jack Point.jpgJack Operational.jpgSafe-Lite Warning Kit.jpg
Bike007b, Bschurr
Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2021

Home, home on the range

Mar 22, 2021

Jack is a good match to the Carbonized Grey! Can I be nosey and ask what you paid for it?
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 2dr 2.3L manual Hot Pepper Red. Reserved 8/7/20. Ordered 1/23/21. Reordered 10/08/21. Scheduled week of January 24th 2022, delivered 2/24/2022
Bschurr, TK1215

Rank VI

Mar 22, 2021

Jack is a good match to the Carbonized Grey! Can I be nosey and ask what you paid for it?
The jack cost $379.99. Not inexpensive.
At the time, I was considering the ARB high lift jack at $816.34. I guess everything in life is relative.
TK1215, Bronc96

Rank III

Mar 22, 2021

Floor jack for a quick lift is a must with jackstands.

Recently been using these bottle jack/stands combo in pairs, lift and lock skips the jackstand shuffle and tall enough for lifted trucks.

Ditched my heavy Hi-Lift and carry one onboard for trails, much safer than evil Hi-Lift.

Bronc96, AcesandEights

Home, home on the range

Mar 22, 2021

The jack cost $379.99. Not inexpensive.
At the time, I was considering the ARB high lift jack at $816.34. I guess everything in life is relative.
It's not too terrible though. I like it a lot better then some of the ones I've seen that weren't much less. I have an old bottle jack that works good but have wanted a good floor jack. I haven't had a job the old one couldn't handle so I'll wait and see. Great post!
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 2dr 2.3L manual Hot Pepper Red. Reserved 8/7/20. Ordered 1/23/21. Reordered 10/08/21. Scheduled week of January 24th 2022, delivered 2/24/2022
Bronc96, BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Mar 22, 2021

That seems terribly expensive for a floor jack. They've got 3T jacks at Costco for less than half that price.
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole
BuzzyBud

Home, home on the range

Mar 22, 2021

I've looked at some at Costco but wasn't sold on them. The one Buzzy posted impressed me enough to take a closer look. Do I need it? No not really but it would be nicer then what I currently have. The price doesn't bother me at all. You get what you pay for.
TK1215, Jakob1972

Looking for rocks!

Mar 22, 2021

Floor jack for a quick lift is a must with jackstands.

Recently been using these bottle jack/stands combo in pairs, lift and lock skips the jackstand shuffle and tall enough for lifted trucks.

Ditched my heavy Hi-Lift and carry one onboard for trails, much safer than evil Hi-Lift.

I really like that design. I don't know how it would work on the trail but I would love it in the garage. The price isn't too bad until you think about getting 4 of them.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
Bronc96, BuzzyBud

Rank III

Mar 22, 2021

I have found it usually easier than Hi-Lift on trails because it fits under the axle/frame and does not have to lift so high like when you lift from bumper or rock rail while the wheel keeps drooping down.
It also doesn't kick you when you drop the rig, Hi-Lifts can beat you up.
Deano Bronc, Jakob1972

Rank VI

Mar 23, 2021

Nice review, thanks for sharing Buzzy! Would be curious if works well in a trail situation. Keep us posted! (y)
Badlands, 2 door, 2.3L, Manual, High, Non-SAS, Tow Package, Roof Rails, MIC, Velocity Blue
BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Mar 23, 2021

Keep in mind that this jack was made for off road. It has a platform wide enough in the middle that settles into the softer surface and creates a stable platform while in use. I am planning on adding it to the kit as well. Thanks for posting your experience @BuzzyBud.
Bike007b, Sdakotabronco

Life is a Highway

Mar 23, 2021

@BuzzyBud just want to give a shout out to ya. While I have YouTube personas that I follow, I just want to say that the information you share is more in depth and thorough than the videos posted. I genuinely appreciate the research and breakdown that you give on all of the topics you cover. As far as I have seen you aren’t sponsored or provided any special treatment to provide the unbiased research and recommendations you put out. You lay out the pros and cons of the equipment you test or reference and educate us with your findings. Thanks for your hard work sir, I know it ain’t cheap
Bronc96, Deano Bronc

No Ragerts

Mar 23, 2021

Always good input, feedback & suggestions from @BuzzyBud - thanks for your continued contributions!

When off road, I take along a piece of 12”x12” plywood to use as a base for the jack in case it needs to be deployed in sand or softer surfaces. Once you start lifting a vehicle the jack wants to go the opposite way and the added surface area of the wood is needed to keep everything moving upward in the intended direction.
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
Bronc96, Thane