Mud Flaps for Sasquatch package?

MtnBronco
Sep 20, 2022

Rank 0

Sep 20, 2022

About ready to take possession of a 22 Outer Banks with Sasquatch Package and have a concern that I will need mud flaps which are not on my favored list.

Have a friend with a FirstEdition and when driving in our town last winter where the roads are treated with volcanic cinders for traction the cinders packed into the space under all four door handles to the point that he quit driving it when the roads are bad which seems to defeat the purpose behind the Bronco.

I can only see mud flaps as a means to prevent this problem... your thoughts?
Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2022

Rank V

Sep 20, 2022

Only thing standing between my Bronco and total trashing of my paint are the running boards and mud flaps...
'21 AMB Basesquatch 2 Door. 2.7. 569 days from reservation to delivery
Bschurr, 2020FordRaptor

Rank V

Sep 21, 2022

was never a mudflap type of guy, knowing what was instore with the goodyear 35's i went ford gatorbacks off the lot. best $ spent
Mal, Bschurr

Gotta just go for it

Sep 21, 2022

Ya, I’ve never been a mudflat fan, but I ordered the Rocblokz because I don’t want my paint jacked up or the flares I guess. I have seen where mud gets caked up and when you open the back door it can hit it.
PhoenixTheBronco OBX, Leather, SAS, High. Blend 8/15, Online 8/26, Built ???, Shipped 11/2, Picked up 11/18
dover157, Jakob1972

Gladesmen

Sep 21, 2022

You could always replace the Goodyears with something a little more aggressive the larger lugs and space between will pick up fewer rocks. I live down a gravel road and I just can’t do mud flaps so that will be the route I’m taking.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery

@2.7wot

Sep 21, 2022

I was never a mud flap fan either, but I did the RokBlokz also, my second driveway is gravel and it sounded like being sprayed with a machine gun or driving down main street and sounds like tap dancing. Since installing the RokBlokz it's been less noticeable and the install took half the time of the assembly, but a very high quality product made in the USA. They are removable for off-road with a couple of thumb screws.

RokBlokz 2.jpg

RokBlokz 3.jpg

RokBlokz 4.jpg
22MY | 2DR Base | SAS | 2.7 | Auto | Front Modular Bumper | Upfitter Switches | Keyless Entry | Oxford White
IG @2.7wot
https://www.hrspw.net
dover157, Broncy_OBX

Rank V