throwing a P1506 when towing

paul rondelli
Jun 02, 2020

Rank VI

Jun 02, 2020

Crazy that I only get this code when I pull my little pop up to the campsite. After i unhook from the trailer the check engine light goes off after about 15 minutes. Not sure why the computer would think that I'm somehow getting more air in the system just from towing. This is on the 5.0 1996 with a 5 speed. I have the last Smog test EVER for this Bronco this month so we will see what happens... the check engine light is off... I will unhook the battery to clear stored codes... and see what happens.

Rank 0

Jun 07, 2020

I just chased my way through about 12 sensors to figure out I had rust in my distributor. I was one more sensor away from doing a carb swap on my 96.
Commodore

Rank VI

Aug 14, 2020

I just chased my way through about 12 sensors to figure out I had rust in my distributor. I was one more sensor away from doing a carb swap on my 96.
Wow!

I’d like to have cash back for every unnecessary part replaced due to blowing bogus codes....

Rank 0

Aug 26, 2020

1996 was the first year for ODBII. I have always wished I had a 96 for the mass air, but you guys are making me glad I have a 94!