Sensor Alerts - Collision Detection and Hill Assist

CaliKAP
Dec 23, 2023

Rank V

Dec 23, 2023

Hi, all -

Of course this happens before we are taking the rig up the mountains for the holidays. But out of nowhere, I got two sensor lights and warnings come on, the collision detection sensor and the hill start assist. It's driving fine, I am going to be able to take it in to the dealership before we head out just to make sure that it's fine to do so. I've done some searching and it seems like this could be something that comes and goes, I checked out the sensor wire and connection and there's nothing that I can see.

Anyone else experience this?
k@p

2021|Black Diamond | Cactus Grey | Manual Transmission | Soft Top (No Regrets) | Reserved 7/14/2020 | Delivered 10/8/2021

Life is a Highway

Dec 24, 2023

If I remember correctly, there were a couple of people who had some debris stuck on their front sensors and upon cleaning them the warning went away. Not sure about the hill start assist.

I am of Scottish decent and I ride a Unicorn.

Dec 24, 2023

Had a Christmas tree of sensor failure warnings Friday night..... But was driving through a really wet snow storm and it caked the entire front with about an inch of ice.... Ice melted now and everything is fine. I do not know if that is even close to a parallel.... It sounds like yours is lighting up while undisturbed... That is not good. I hope your answer is a simple one.

Rank 0

Dec 24, 2023

I've had the collision detection warning come on at least two times in the 12 months I've own mine. No debris on bumper, nothing in front, no vehicles and on very clear days.
TK1215

Rank V

Dec 24, 2023

If I remember correctly, there were a couple of people who had some debris stuck on their front sensors and upon cleaning them the warning went away. Not sure about the hill start assist.

I just had this happen again the other day in MI. Some sleet and ice form on the front sensors and they go bananas. I haven't taken the time to look. Maybe someone reading this knows. Can you shut off these sensors on the front? I would think the cheapest way to solve this is to build a heated bumper and sensors so the ice can't freeze.

I am of Scottish decent and I ride a Unicorn.

Dec 24, 2023

I just had this happen again the other day in MI. Some sleet and ice form on the front sensors and they go bananas. I haven't taken the time to look. Maybe someone reading this knows. Can you shut off these sensors on the front? I would think the cheapest way to solve this is to build a heated bumper and sensors so the ice can't freeze.

Well on Friday evening (exactly that situation) I just hit the "OKay" button and all seemed right with the world..... Next day no problems.

Rank V

Dec 26, 2023

Hi, all -

Of course this happens before we are taking the rig up the mountains for the holidays. But out of nowhere, I got two sensor lights and warnings come on, the collision detection sensor and the hill start assist. It's driving fine, I am going to be able to take it in to the dealership before we head out just to make sure that it's fine to do so. I've done some searching and it seems like this could be something that comes and goes, I checked out the sensor wire and connection and there's nothing that I can see.

Anyone else experience this?

Hi there! I can look into your Bronco's sensor concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Bronco's VIN?

Rank V

Dec 27, 2023

Hi there! I can look into your Bronco's sensor concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Bronco's VIN?

Thanks so much, will do!
k@p

2021|Black Diamond | Cactus Grey | Manual Transmission | Soft Top (No Regrets) | Reserved 7/14/2020 | Delivered 10/8/2021