The Tents+Tread Bronco Build Thread

Tents+Tread
Dec 31, 2021

Rank 0

Dec 31, 2021

Just unloaded our JK and picked up a fully optioned out Wildtrak right before the holidays!

Pulled off the Jeep and am sorting ways to be fitted to the build:
7 BajaDesigns LP9s
ARB Dual Compressor
Warn VR Evo 12S
Rhino Rack Batwing 270 awning
Ikamper Mini
Max Traxx
Various Front Runner/Blue Ridge Overland bits
ARB 60L Elements Fridge

Sorted a way to mount the Baja roof light bar with 5 LP9s but will need to have a tinker with how to run the wires to the aux switch.
2 Amber LP9s may go to the wife's Tacoma build as the modular bumper is not thick enough to properly mount them

If anyone has roof bars they don't want please hit me up this one did not have that option. Also on the hunt for a winch bracket and the Warn team wont sell me just the mount.

ARB compressor may get mounted up in the rear storage area or similar to JK I will mount under the hood and run a line to the bumper.

The awning, recovery boards, and tent are on standby until I sort a solution for the Roof Rack..

The fridge is awaiting the drop slide from Alucab and the potential addition of GG plate or the Ford option drawers.

Supply chain issues are slowing the swap to BFG KM3s and Black Rhino Wheels but that will happen at some point.

Funding guns and issues with mounting a winch to the modular bumper has put a hold on the Baja Fogkit as I'm not sure if I still stay with this bumper or see if I can get CBI to do something with these.

Overall after coming from a Jeep I am very impressed with how this thing functions on the road with 35s under it. Additionally its a total caddy on the inside and has tons of space that is more than welcomed. The economy is playing a role but aftermarket support catch up as deliveries happen needs to happen a bit IMO!

Shots of the previous Jeep build that got us all over Europe and down the coast of Turkey and its Build Thread!

Photos from the drive; Just had our first child so looking like mid-Jan until our first real test of it!

Freelance Adventure photographer with lots of experience in publications and working directly with marketing teams at various companies like ARB-Front Runner-Black Rhino etc. If you have something you need dimensions for or photos of let's have a chat I often am open to working simply for parts!
www.tentsandtread.com
@tomtuckertravels @tentsandtread
AzBronc, Burtoni Motors

Life is a Highway

Jan 01, 2022

Just unloaded our JK and picked up a fully optioned out Wildtrak right before the holidays!

7 BajaDesigns LP9s
ARB Dual Compressor
Warn VR Evo 12S
Ikamper Mini
Max Traxx
ARB 60L Elements Fridge

Sorted a way to mount the Baja roof light bar with 5 LP9s but will need to have a tinker with how to run the wires to the aux switch.
2 Amber LP9s may go to the wife's Tacoma build as the modular bumper is not thick enough to properly mount them

If anyone has roof bars they don't want please hit me up this one did not have that option. Also on the hunt for a winch bracket and the Warn team wont sell me just the mount.

ARB compressor may get mounted up in the rear storage area or similar to JK I will mount under the hood and run a line to the bumper.

The awning, recovery boards, and tent are on standby until I sort a solution for the Roof Rack..

The fridge is awaiting the drop slide from Alucab and the potential addition of GG plate or the Ford option drawers.

Supply chain issues are slowing the swap to BFG KM3s and Black Rhino Wheels but that will happen at some point.

Funding guns and issues with mounting a winch to the modular bumper has put a hold on the Baja Fogkit as I'm not sure if I still stay with this bumper or see if I can get CBI to do something with these.

Overall after coming from a Jeep I am very impressed with how this thing functions on the road with 35s under it. Additionally its a total caddy on the inside and has tons of space that is more than welcomed. The economy is playing a role but aftermarket support catch up as deliveries happen needs to happen a bit IMO!

Shots of the previous Jeep build that got us all over Europe and down the coast of Turkey and its Build Thread!

Photos from the drive; Just had our first child so looking like mid-Jan until our first real test of it!

Freelance Adventure photographer with lots of experience in publications and working directly with marketing teams at various companies like ARB-Front Runner-Black Rhino etc. If you have something you need dimensions for or photos of let's have a chat I often am open to working simply for parts!
Both rigs are beautiful! Congrats!
monica_mcgee

Rank VI

Jan 01, 2022

GOBI is in the process of finalizing their design for a Stealth Rack similar to the Jeep ones for the Bronco.

4x4Truckleds has a bracket for the ARB compressor to sit near the washer fluid filler in the engine compartment. They also have a quality bracket to mount fogs/lights in the modular bumper.

Can’t wait to see the finished build!
IceSoldier88

Rank 0

Jan 01, 2022

GOBI is in the process of finalizing their design for a Stealth Rack similar to the Jeep ones for the Bronco.

4x4Truckleds has a bracket for the ARB compressor to sit near the washer fluid filler in the engine compartment. They also have a quality bracket to mount fogs/lights in the modular bumper.

Can’t wait to see the finished build!

spotted the bracket 4x4Truckleds has just unsure if I will mount under hood again or if I may try and mount it in the little cubbyunder the mat in the rear. On a JL we did that and then ran a remote line into the gas cap and it was a VERY clean install. If I do under the hood probably remote line it to the bumper though and that’s also pretty clean so.. idk just gotta decide!

good to hear about Gobi they usually look great
www.tentsandtread.com

Rank V

Jan 01, 2022

Umm, when you say "picked up", I presume you had it ordered in advance? That is my EXACT build, but based on the handles and mirrors it appears you got a 2021 WT. PLEASE TELL ME YOU HAD THAT ORDERED! :p
Wildtrak ⁞ 4 DR ⁞ HOSS 3.0 ⁞ Area51 ⁞ Lux+Leather ⁞ Tow ⁞ MIC+Sunrider Top ⁞ Res 5/11/21, Rec'd 9/30/22

Rank 0

Jan 01, 2022

Umm, when you say "picked up", I presume you had it ordered in advance? That is my EXACT build, but based on the handles and mirrors it appears you got a 2021 WT. PLEASE TELL ME YOU HAD THAT ORDERED! :p

I did not someone cancelled an order or the lot got an order or something. It was on the lot for about 8hrs before I nabbed it. They gave me about 10k over expected on the trade in and let me strip the Jeep so that helped justify the above sticker for it
www.tentsandtread.com
Deano Bronc, Darrel

Rank V

Jan 01, 2022

Wow, congratulations... I'm jealous, but happy for you! I love the pix... gives me something to dream about on this rainy New Year's day. Congrats on the new baby, as well!
Wildtrak ⁞ 4 DR ⁞ HOSS 3.0 ⁞ Area51 ⁞ Lux+Leather ⁞ Tow ⁞ MIC+Sunrider Top ⁞ Res 5/11/21, Rec'd 9/30/22
Tents+Tread

Rank 0

Jan 07, 2022

Nabbed a set of drawers from a forum member and got them installed even with a nasty drive down I95 in that storm. Overall pretty displeased it just plops in the back would like to have seen it FIT into the rear no gaps etc. additionally its easy to strip the bolts installing the cargo tie-downs to the top 3/8 stripped for me. Interior is a decent space and you can adjust/customize but overall 5/10, happy I didn't pay retail but am chatting with Tuffy about a MkII so we will see what comes of that. If nothing I will CAD up a top for it to flush it to the OEM plastics.

Baja Designs mounts came in. My setup is a KC crossbar with 5 LP9s (2 driving combo, 2 spots, one hyper spot) mounted to it, and then that mounted to the Baja windshield mounts. Mount from Baja is very robust and offers a lot of adjustabilities so can recommend it.
Install on that was pretty easy don't expect much trouble if you are looking at mounting a light above.

Snow shots! Bronco handled it like it didn't even exist. Very impressed with how it performed in over a foot of fresh powder with some ice under it.

www.tentsandtread.com
RIckyco82, Burtoni Motors

Rank V

Jan 07, 2022

Nabbed a set of drawers from a forum member and got them installed even with a nasty drive down I95 in that storm. Overall pretty displeased it just plops in the back would like to have seen it FIT into the rear no gaps etc. additionally its easy to strip the bolts installing the cargo tie-downs to the top 3/8 stripped for me. Interior is a decent space and you can adjust/customize but overall 5/10, happy I didn't pay retail but am chatting with Tuffy about a MkII so we will see what comes of that. If nothing I will CAD up a top for it to flush it to the OEM plastics.

Thanks for the review on the drawers... had been thinking of order either that, the pull-out tailgate, or the box (not sure what it's called). I think I'll pass on the drawers... the metal looks kinda thin/chintzy.

Libations MOD

Jan 07, 2022

Thanks for the review on the drawers... had been thinking of order either that, the pull-out tailgate, or the box (not sure what it's called). I think I'll pass on the drawers... the metal looks kinda thin/chintzy.
The ARB IMO is the way to go, looks like it was factory and a perfect fit with side storage too!!ARB storage.jpeg
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
Cable Guy, BroncoPA65

Rank 0

Jan 07, 2022

The ARB IMO is the way to go, looks like it was factory and a perfect fit with side storage too!!View attachment 25478
I have a relationship with ARB and wouldn't choose them. It's mostly bias to the fact that I hate they cover their drawers in the carpet material I get why but it makes cleaning a bitch and looks cheap IMO.
www.tentsandtread.com
SuperMike

Libations MOD

Jan 08, 2022

I have a relationship with ARB and wouldn't choose them. It's mostly bias to the fact that I hate they cover their drawers in the carpet material I get why but it makes cleaning a bitch and looks cheap IMO.
The overall look is 100X better than Ford's cheap attempt and I haven't seen any others out yet. I don't mind the carpet, grew up making custom sub boxes so doesn't bother me at all. But now you got me thinking what I could change that too, hummm maybe a spray-on something
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered

Rank 0

Jan 08, 2022

The overall look is 100X better than Ford's cheap attempt and I haven't seen any others out yet. I don't mind the carpet, grew up making custom sub boxes so doesn't bother me at all. But now you got me thinking what I could change that too, hummm maybe a spray-on something
I made mine in the Jeep outa some covered plywood that was like hexagrip etc I think if tuffy doesn’t send me a mkII to test I’ll build a chassis for these drawers in that same material
www.tentsandtread.com
ResidualGenius

Rank VI

Jan 08, 2022

The ARB IMO is the way to go, looks like it was factory and a perfect fit with side storage too!!View attachment 25478
This looks great and I like the carpet...a quick vacuum and done...probably less noise and definitely less hard surfaces to get scratched.
7/14: Outer Banks, Eruption Green, Lux Package, 2.7 Eco, Sasquatch Package, Roof Rack, Towing Package, HD Modular front bumper, AUX switches
Cable Guy, ResidualGenius

Libations MOD

Jan 08, 2022

This looks great and I like the carpet...a quick vacuum and done...probably less noise and definitely less hard surfaces to get scratched.
Agreed there, plus it looks custom fit too and the top slides out
Soupcook

Rank 0

Jan 23, 2022

These showed up today! Going on ASAP.

Question for the group though. If I block the Adaptive cruise control from the LUX package with a winch etc will it give me any trouble other than not working (constant errors etc)
www.tentsandtread.com
Mal, Deano Bronc

Rank III

Jan 23, 2022

7 BajaDesigns LP9s
ARB Dual Compressor
Warn VR Evo 12S
Ikamper Mini
Max Traxx
ARB 60L Elements Fridge

looks great! Im looking forward to seeing everything installed on the Bronco.
Brian Friend - Colorado Springs/Aguilar Colorado www.JustRoofsandGutters.com
2 Dr, 21 Bronco, 2.7ltr, Badlands Sas w Lux

Rank IV

Jan 23, 2022

Excellent setup. I have the front and rear bumpers and rock sliders. Now I just need my Bronco. Is the cargo box the one specific to the Bronco that says ‘coming soon’ on the ARB site? If, so, do you mind sharing where you got it? I can’t find it for sale anywhere online. Just the universal and Jeep-specific models
Bad Lands, Sasquatch, MIC, Lux, Velocity blue

Rank 0

Jan 23, 2022

Excellent setup. I have the front and rear bumpers and rock sliders. Now I just need my Bronco. Is the cargo box the one specific to the Bronco that says ‘coming soon’ on the ARB site? If, so, do you mind sharing wear you got it? I can’t find it for sale anywhere online. Just the universal and Jeep-specific models
that photo is from SEMA
www.tentsandtread.com
Cable Guy

Libations MOD

Jan 24, 2022

Excellent setup. I have the front and rear bumpers and rock sliders. Now I just need my Bronco. Is the cargo box the one specific to the Bronco that says ‘coming soon’ on the ARB site? If, so, do you mind sharing where you got it? I can’t find it for sale anywhere online. Just the universal and Jeep-specific models
ARB last week when I talked to them said like 2 months it will be out so I would guess any ARB dealer will have it available for order. It'll be waiting in my garage for sure along with RSE slider/steps, then still deciding bumpers ugh

that photo is from SEMA
Correct its SEMA, supposedly now changes. Love the storage on the sides unlike Fords setup with nothing