Champion III

Mar 28, 2022
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL, USA
First Name
Howard
Last Name
Spencer
Member #

The feature that automatically lowers the front window a tad then rolls it back up to seal the window after you close the front doors stopped working last week. Anybody else have this problem?

Attachments

Reactions: Msmymny

EvlNvrDys

Rank VI

Champion I

Sep 1, 2021
Milford, NJ 08848
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Bradley
Member #

I haven't had any issues with this yet. Might want to try the fix other people were doing, I thought that was for this issue, not positive though. It's the one where you roll windows down (hold button 5 seconds), roll back up (hold button again). And maybe repeat, sorry that I don't remember it word for word.

Reactions: spence66

EvlNvrDys

Rank VI

Champion I

Sep 1, 2021
Milford, NJ 08848
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Bradley
Member #

Make the dealership fix It ‍♂
I like your thinking, but sometimes if it's an easy fix, I'd rather do it than deal with the hassle of making an appointment, dropping the Bronco off, having a ride back home. Then of course come back later, pick up Bronco, drive home. That's just a pain in the ass for some of the easy things.

CliffB

Rank V

Promoter III

May 20, 2020
Denver, NC, USA
Member #

Had the same issue the day after receiving our 2021 back in December, did the little button procedure and no issues since, has about 1,600 miles on it now.

Reactions: EvlNvrDys

spence66

Rank III

Champion III

Mar 28, 2022
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL, USA
First Name
Howard
Last Name
Spencer
Member #

Strange looks like you’re door closed with the window all the way up? Haven’t had that problem, but try this…

So common, we need an acronym for this…

RUDH93X

Roll
Up
Down
Hold 9 seconds in each position
Repeat 3 times
Thank's I'll give that a try!

JoelDryden

Rank 0

Advocate II

Jun 5, 2022
Peoria, IL, USA
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Dryden
This sequence works great. I was reading the owners manual, and I believe the issue happens when we accidentally override the “Window Bounce Back”. It is overridden by doing this:
1. Close the window until it reaches the point of resistance and let it reverse.
2. Lift and hold the window control switch within two seconds to override bounce-back and close the window. Bounce-back is now disabled and you can close the window manually.

Msmymny

Rank III

Advocate II

May 20, 2020
La Habra, CA, USA
Member #

2022 2 door.
Only passenger door has Intermittent issue...
Open door
1. Window may or may not roll down to clear seal
Closed door
2. While driving, roll window down and it won't roll back up.

In both instances the door loses power and will reset at some point...typically hours latter. A real PITA in the rain or snow. No confidence in the window.

Resets won't work since there is no power

Any tips?

TK1215

Rank VI

Champion I

Jan 1, 2021
Maricopa, AZ
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Kiely
Member #

2022 2 door.
Only passenger door has Intermittent issue...
Open door
1. Window may or may not roll down to clear seal
Closed door
2. While driving, roll window down and it won't roll back up.

In both instances the door loses power and will reset at some point...typically hours latter. A real PITA in the rain or snow. No confidence in the window.

Resets won't work since there is no power

Any tips?
Check the wiring connection between the body and the door. It may not be plugged in all the way

BRNCOOZ

Rank IV

Super Supporter II

Jun 14, 2022
Orange County, CA, USA
First Name
Shaunt
Last Name
Oozoonian
Member #

Strange looks like you’re door closed with the window all the way up? Haven’t had that problem, but try this…

So common, we need an acronym for this…

RUDH93X

Roll
Up
Down
Hold 9 seconds in each position
Repeat 3 times
This worked for me

Msmymny

Rank III

Advocate II

May 20, 2020
La Habra, CA, USA
Member #

Same exact issue here.
The door also looses power. Numerous times at the dealer. Reached out to Ford. They are aware of the window auto down issue but no power to the door is new. Dealer is waiting for direction from Ford and Ford is waiting on feedback from the dealer.

Frustrating for sure...

Shoresy

Rank VI

Champion I

Nov 21, 2021
Arvada, CO, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Leoni
Member #

Same exact issue here.
The door also looses power. Numerous times at the dealer. Reached out to Ford. They are aware of the window auto down issue but no power to the door is new. Dealer is waiting for direction from Ford and Ford is waiting on feedback from the dealer.

Frustrating for sure...
Have ya tried reseating the connector in the door jam? Inspect the pins and such when you disconnect.

Reactions: Deano Bronc

Msmymny

Rank III

Advocate II

May 20, 2020
La Habra, CA, USA
Member #

Dealer thinks it's the regulator,, harness or BCM.
Now the trick is to get FoMoCo to authorize the parts to fix it without knowing the true cause.