The Appalachian Byway

BuzzyBud
Feb 16, 2021

Rank VI

Feb 16, 2021

For those who seek a winter project, read on!

I have attached a link below to The Appalachian Byway home page. They have several .gpx files that you can purchase and begin building your overland adventure.

Once you complete the purchase, you immediately receive a .gpx file to download. To open the file, you need to be running an application such as GAIA on your device. GAIA does a great job of importing the file(s).

For those who plan to choose the Vermont location for your Off-Roadeo, the Vermont map might be of interest.

So that I do not get bored over the next few weeks, I downloaded the three maps which cover five states in New England. They are now imported into GAIA and the fun begins!

The Appalachian Byway
TK1215, Crowza
Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2021

Rank V

Feb 16, 2021

Thanks for posting this info! (y)
BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Feb 16, 2021

I give you the following video for your viewing pleasure. Our Broncos can do this! Perhaps the only thing holding us back is the confidence to begin the journey.

One of the authors of this video created The Appalachian Byway website to show us how overland adventures are not limited to western sections of the US. The states of Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine are ridiculously beautiful and not huge in size. One can see highlights of each in less than a week.

Enjoy!

TK1215, MDHODGES77

Rank V

Feb 17, 2021

Yeah, unfortunately options are much more limited in PA versus VT & NH. 1.5 million acres of PA State Game Lands, but near zero ability to use it except limited access for hunting...
Deano Bronc, BuzzyBud

Life is a Highway

Feb 17, 2021

For those who seek a winter project, read on!

I have attached a link below to The Appalachian Byway home page. They have several .gpx files that you can purchase and begin building your overland adventure.

Once you complete the purchase, you immediately receive a .gpx file to download. To open the file, you need to be running an application such as GAIA on your device. GAIA does a great job of importing the file(s).

For those who plan to choose the Vermont location for your Off-Roadeo, the Vermont map might be of interest.

So that I do not get bored over the next few weeks, I downloaded the three maps which cover five states in New England. They are now imported into GAIA and the fun begins!

The Appalachian Byway
Man that is some great research brother!
Deano Bronc, BuzzyBud