Texas Back Country Trails

TXArchitect
Oct 02, 2020

Rank VI

Oct 02, 2020

Hey Nation, just wanted to share some Texas trails for you. Did not see these posted in the Trails & Trips section but I am sure many know of these locations. Add any other nice treks in the Lone Star State. Tread Lightly!

KateMCY Rocks - West Texas (Upcoming Bronco Event)
Barnwell Mountain - Near Gilmer (NE Texas)
Hidden Falls (My favorite) - Near Marble Falls (Central Texas)
Creekside - Near Houston (East Texas)
TXArchitect - 1719
[O=BRONCO=O]
BroncoUp, Paleos
Last edited by a moderator: Oct 02, 2020

Rank VI

Oct 30, 2020

Hey Nation, just wanted to share some Texas trails for you. Did not see these posted in the Trails & Trips section but I am sure many know of these locations. Add any other nice treks in the Lone Star State. Tread Lightly!

Thanks!
Good to know... Looks fun!
TXArchitect

Gladesmen

Oct 30, 2020

Let’s hope the Bronco off-Roadeo is a separate place than Hidden Falls. Now that will give us at least a couple of places here in central Texas to play. HF is a really nice place I will be taking the Bronco there for sure. But first I am going to take the Bronco to the back 40 when I get it home and see if it can make the hill. Only I need to make it past a football field sized pasture full of that Hill country honey comb rock, that are some tire shredders. Then I will take it to our place in Blanco and see how it does crossing the river.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
TXArchitect, Commodore

Rank VI

Oct 30, 2020

I can’t wait to join the trails with all you fine Bronco owners soon.
TXArchitect - 1719
[O=BRONCO=O]
Jakob1972, Commodore

Rank VI

Oct 30, 2020

I might stop at Northwest OHV in Bridgeport on my way home from picking up my Bronco :)
Build week of 7/26....still....no its 8/16 now
Commodore, TXArchitect

Rank VI

Nov 26, 2020

Wolf Caves is quickly becoming one of the best off-road parks in Texas. It's located very near Katemcy Rocks K2 just outside Mason Texas. Both parks are great but K2 is only open on a limited number of event weekends. Wolf Caves is open year-round.

Wolf Caves
2022 Bronco BadSquatch, 1974 Bronco Ranger, 1976 Bronco Crawler, 1978 Bronco Custom
TXArchitect, Commodore

Gladesmen

Nov 27, 2020

Wolf Caves is quickly becoming one of the best off-road parks in Texas. It's located very near Katemcy Rocks K2 just outside Mason Texas. Both parks are great but K2 is only open on a limited number of event weekends. Wolf Caves is open year-round.

Wolf Caves
Wow may need to check out wolf caves. That looks nice and only 1hour and 45 minutes from me.
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
Commodore

Rank V

Jun 02, 2021

These look great! It's a shame Houston is smack dab in the middle of endless flat coastal plain, but that Creekside location looks like a good place to get offroad at least!
Outer Banks, 4dr, Velocity Blue, soft top, Lux, 2.7L, rear locker, HD bumper/bash plate, tow package, roast leather
Build Date: 8/18/21
Replacing my Black 2013 Mustang GT Premium

Gladesmen

Jun 02, 2021

These look great! It's a shame Houston is smack dab in the middle of endless flat coastal plain, but that Creekside location looks like a good place to get offroad at least!
You are only a few hours from Hidden Falls adventure park. That’s a pretty nice place.

Rank V

Jun 02, 2021

You are only a few hours from Hidden Falls adventure park. That’s a pretty nice place.

Yeah I looked at that and it's definitely on the list next time we head to the hill country. Any reason to swing through Fredericksburg and pick up some Balcones and Tempranillo works for me!
Outer Banks, 4dr, Velocity Blue, soft top, Lux, 2.7L, rear locker, HD bumper/bash plate, tow package, roast leather
Build Date: 8/18/21
Replacing my Black 2013 Mustang GT Premium
Sdakotabronco, Jakob1972

Rank II

Sep 16, 2021

CrossBar ranch is supposedly a great place and pretty close to most North Texas peeps. About | Cross Bar Ranch | Davis, OK

Big Bend National Park has some great trails, we went there back in 2017 and had a great time, ran black gap road! Lots of cool stuff and beautiful scenery out there.
A vid from our trip there- Black Gap Road Big Bend National Park - YouTube
4 door, big bend, 222A options, auto, 2.3L. Ordered 9/15/2021, Delivered 12/7/2021.
Deano Bronc