Tan vs Gray Dash on OBX

Lakesinai
May 26, 2021

Lakesinai

May 26, 2021

There has been some misinformation (unless I'm misimformed!) regarding the Dash colors on the Outer Banks, non-sasquatch model, which I have a build date for in leather, electric seat, Roast/Onyx. Some of the misinformation comes from this Red Ford Performance build which is a anomaly. Specifically, this build has leather seats, which, however, are manual (non-electric). This configuration is not available --leather seats are the only way to get electric adjustable, which i have ordered.

While the Roast/Onyx Cloth seats may have a gray dash, the Leather vinyl has a tan dash. I've attached a screen shot from the vehicle features pictures from Ford in my scheduled for production email.

Further clarification welcome.
SmartSelect_20210525-234152_Chrome.jpg

Attachments

SC OBX 2021 2.7, High, 4dr, ARB Air, Kuat Rack, Rear Locker, Non-Sas Beach Bronco
cjduncan
Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2021

Rank IV

May 26, 2021

For clarification. There are only 2 dashes available for OBX. There have been a bunch of photos taken of misbuilt vehicles that have the wrong dash with the wrong seats.

The cloth and leather Navy Pier interior always has a blueish gray dash.

The cloth and leather Roast Interior always has a bronze dash.

Leather seats are power on the 4 door only, not on the 2 door.
Cloth seats are always manual.

In the photo you posted above the OBX with roast leather interior has a tan/bronze dash, not a grey dash. The blue grab handle accents are only on the tan/bronze dash. It only looks grey because of the lighting and coloring in that image.
Deano Bronc, Lakesinai

Lakesinai

May 26, 2021

For clarification. There are only 2 dashes available for OBX. There have been a bunch of photos taken of misbuilt vehicles that have the wrong dash with the wrong seats.

The cloth and leather Navy Pier interior always has a blueish gray dash.

The cloth and leather Roast Interior always has a bronze dash.

Leather seats are power on the 4 door only, not on the 2 door.
Cloth seats are always manual.

In the photo you posted above the OBX with roast leather interior has a tan/bronze dash, not a grey dash. The blue grab handle accents are only on the tan/bronze dash. It only looks grey because of the lighting and coloring in that image.
Yup, but the Red Ford Performance OBX build is a 4dr, but is a one-off build because it also has no electric seats! Its also been described as a Sasquatch. However, on the BN video tour, it has NO locker buttons, leading me to suppose those are Mickey Thompson 33's, non-sasquatch model. The guy doing the video tour on BN mistakenly says that the leather ( which they have covered with a kind of seat covering) is available with electric adjustment but as we know that's not true.
SC OBX 2021 2.7, High, 4dr, ARB Air, Kuat Rack, Rear Locker, Non-Sas Beach Bronco