Tailgate Carpet 78

Cullen
Jul 15, 2021

Rank 0

Jul 15, 2021

I have the replacement tailgate carpet. Just looking for pictures of the original way it was secured. Some have said just screw it down with upholstry screws and others have said it had two aluminum strips that held it in place. I think the strips are correct because I can see where they used to be. Just not 100% sure either way and cant find pictures. Thx.Tailgate 1.jpgTailgate 1.jpg

Rank V

Jul 21, 2021

I do not have any pictures but it was held with the strips, but most go back with screws, just be sure the head is flat enough not to catch on things yet wide enough to hold the carpet over years of use. Some glue it on which I would not do since there are two types of Bronco tailgates, those whose window motors have broken before and those that will. Hope this helps!
1979 Bronco Ranger XLT: Factory dark jade and wimbleton special tutone, 32,000 original miles, sport steering wheel, CB, lighted vanity, AC, etc.
2021 Bronco Badlands carbonized gray, 4Dr, 2.7, lux, leather, Trektop, Rock Slide Engineering steps & tailgate table.
DanH78