Strut bar?

JuniorTheThird
Nov 29, 2021

Rank III

Nov 29, 2021

I’m interested in installing a strut bar in the engine bag to improve overall handling on paved roads since my BS Badlands is my daily driver. I received a good advice about it but wanted to hear some other folks’ thoughts.

I figured that if I need the BS to be more flexible should I take it off-road, I can always remove the bar?

Accessory of interest: https://www.steeda.com/steeda-555-5736-escape-strut-tower-brace

Thank you in advanced for your perspective.
TK4261
Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2021

Rank VI

Nov 29, 2021

I’m interested in installing a strut bar in the engine bag to improve overall handling on paved roads since my BS Badlands is my daily driver. I received a good advice about it but wanted to hear some other folks’ thoughts.

I figured that if I need the BS to be more flexible should I take it off-road, I can always remove the bar?

Accessory of interest: https://www.steeda.com/steeda-555-5736-escape-strut-tower-brace

I have to ask. Do you plan on racing around the track?
My BaseSquatch handles fine. I don't see the need for this. I mean sure it doesn't take the turns as fast as my Mustang, but it's top heavy, so I don't push it that far.
2021 Broncos - BaseSquatch 4dr. Rapid Red V6 Soft Top
Big Bed 4dr. AMB V6 Soft Top Tow (BIL's)
Nitto tires SUCK! You've been warned.

Rank V

Nov 29, 2021

The Bronco is not built like vehicles you normally see strut tower braces on. Unibody vehicles benefit from a strut tower brace because it helps to triangulate the forces that otherwise are part of the body with little support.
The Bronco is the frame on body design and the spring pockets are a steel structure attached to the frame. When you look at vehicles like the Ford Raptor, which is also a body on frame design, you don't see them using strut tower braces.
in addition, the bronco doesn't use a Macpherson strut front suspension. Instead, it is a coil-over-shock design with upper and lower arms with a knuckle.

added below. Bronco Sport uses a suspension that would benefit from a strut tower.
2D Base Mansquatch: Ord 11-24-2021; VIN 3-16-2022; Schd 5/9/22; Sticker 5/4/22; Modules 5/10/22;Built 5/11/22;Shipt 5/12/22;Delv 5/24/22
EvlNvrDys

Gladesmen

Nov 29, 2021

I think he is asking for his Bronco Sport.
it will stiffen up the handling. It might be a nice addition.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
JuniorTheThird

Rank V

Nov 29, 2021

Sorry about that missed that it was in this area,
The Bronco Sport uses the Macpherson strut front suspension which would benefit from a strut tower. Performance-oriented vehicles with that style of suspension often come with them from the factory and they are often not included due to fitment issues, or otherwise getting in the way of things.
2D Base Mansquatch: Ord 11-24-2021; VIN 3-16-2022; Schd 5/9/22; Sticker 5/4/22; Modules 5/10/22;Built 5/11/22;Shipt 5/12/22;Delv 5/24/22
JuniorTheThird

Rank III

Nov 29, 2021

No track but lots of freeway driving because I live in Southern Cali. So, these roads, freeways, and overpasses can involve a lot of corners—wide or narrow, sometime even back-to-back—that feeling those body rolls, for example, can be very obvious.

I have to ask. Do you plan on racing around the track?
My BaseSquatch handles fine. I don't see the need for this. I mean sure it doesn't take the turns as fast as my Mustang, but it's top heavy, so I don't push it that far.

Rank VI

Nov 29, 2021

Be weary of stiffening the streering. My wife had an issue with the badlands sport getting sideways when she had to brake hard in a corner because someone pulled out in front of her. Might increase the risk if its stiffer.
2021 4 door Badlands Sasquatch, Rapid red. 2.7, high package. Reserved on 07-19-2020, ordered 01-20-2021, delivered 12-05-2021

Rank VI

Nov 29, 2021

I think some people aren't use to ifs. Have tohave that straight axel feel. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :alien:
2021 4 door Badlands Sasquatch, Rapid red. 2.7, high package. Reserved on 07-19-2020, ordered 01-20-2021, delivered 12-05-2021
EvlNvrDys

Rank 0

Nov 30, 2021

With the Strut Tower Brace, you are going to get the benefit of reduced body roll & flatter cornering - it's an affordable upgrade with some nice benefits.

Steeda has long been known for the Mustang but we are making a significant investment for the Ford Bronco, F150, Escape & more.

For those that don't know - we are manufacturing right here in the U.S.A. - in Valdosta, GA. American Made by the American Worker!

TK4261, Slownstddy

Rank 0

Dec 17, 2021

I just got my Bronco Sport Badlands last week and this was the first little Mod I installed. Hood struts are next and arriving today from Steeda made by Redline :cool:

IMG_1864.jpg
JuniorTheThird

Rank 0

Dec 17, 2021

Great choice :)
TK4261

Rank III

Dec 27, 2021

Nice dude. Mine arrived a couple of days ago. Could you provide some information on the wrench you used? I’m gonna go purchase a torque wrench today and just wanna make sure I get all the right tools to install the bar.

I just got my Bronco Sport Badlands last week and this was the first little Mod I installed. Hood struts are next and arriving today from Steeda made by Redline :cool:

View attachment 23934
TK4261

Rank 0

Dec 28, 2021

Nice dude. Mine arrived a couple of days ago. Could you provide some information on the wrench you used? I’m gonna go purchase a torque wrench today and just wanna make sure I get all the right tools to install the bar.

Cool! I just used a cheap torque wrench from Harbor Freight I have set to 30lbs :cool: