Squatch needed with Badlands trim??

JasonAM
Jan 11, 2022

Rank II

Jan 11, 2022

Do you need the Squatch package with the Badlands trim?
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, White, 2.7, Squatch, MIC
Speed Devil
Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2022

Rank VI

Jan 11, 2022

Depends on whether or not you want a slight lift and the bigger tires from factory.

It's your call.
2021 Broncos - BaseSquatch 4dr. Rapid Red V6 Soft Top
Big Bed 4dr. AMB V6 Soft Top Tow (BIL's)
Nitto tires SUCK! You've been warned.
Bt_ostate, Deano Bronc

Standing Grumpy Face

Jan 11, 2022

Suspension is essentially the same. So I don't personally see the purpose of Sas with a Badlands. I'd rather do my own wheel and tire choice and do a 1" level,
washope, EZAPAR

Libations MOD

Jan 11, 2022

Do you need the Squatch package with the Badlands trim?
Depends on what you want for a build and what you want to do with it down the road
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
Jakob1972, 14U

Formerly True

Jan 11, 2022

I had the nonsas badlands during offroadeo. It did get stuck on some rocks compared to the sas badlands. There was also more scraping. To be honest, I added sas after doing the roadeo. Better to have it if you plan on any offroad.
Bt_ostate, jedmisten

That's a terrible idea, when do we start?

Jan 11, 2022

I had the nonsas badlands during offroadeo. It did get stuck on some rocks compared to the sas badlands. There was also more scraping. To be honest, I added sas after doing the roadeo. Better to have it if you plan on any offroad.
I had the flip of your experience. I had the SAS equipped Badlands at offrodeo in Moab, and didn't have any scrapping or getting stuck. I watched/heard the non-SAS Bronco not have the same luck. The way I looked at it was that the SAS package made the Bronco "more forgiving". If you didn't have it, you had to make up for that with driver skill and picking JUST the right line. So, the less experienced drivers in the non-SAS vehicle had more problems than the inexperienced drivers in the SAS-equipped Broncos. My experience offroading has shown me over and over again that an experienced driver can make up for some lack of equipment, at least up to a point. But there's a very distinct limit to how much. It also works the other way around, the equipment can make up for SOME inexperience, but there's a very distinct limit to that as well, and when you hit that limit it's usually really bad.
4 Door BadSquatch | Soft-top | Velocity Blue | 2.7 Auto | Towing | Lux | Leather
TorgSurv, Bschurr

šŸŽMoab boundšŸŽ

Jan 11, 2022

@JasonAM I'm going to chime in because I have a Badlands and had to do some research this morning on Ford Co-Pilot. The SAS also gives you the front and rear locking differentials (the front is not a locking diff-but about the same). But, everyone is correct, it is what you plan to do with it and your experience. I learned how to wheel in a 4X4 without locking diffs - erosion ruts could leave me hanging - it was hilarious. But, when I finally had a rig with locking differentials, it made wheeling so much more fun - imo. Lots of things to consider when building your Bronco!!! Wishing you the best experience ever!
Hi y'all, Lauri here and I am the proud owner of a MY21 Badlands, SAS, 2.7 auto, 4 door, soft top, Cactus Gray, no reservation, ordered 9/11/21, Took delivery 1/8/22!
Bschurr

Road trip!!!

Jan 11, 2022

Sasquatch?!?!
069CE99C-710A-4EE7-AED0-4B16011891DA.jpeg
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.
jedmisten, Gimesnow

Rank VI

Jan 11, 2022

@JasonAM I'm going to chime in because I have a Badlands and had to do some research this morning on Ford Co-Pilot. The SAS also gives you the front and rear locking differentials (the front is not a locking diff-but about the same). But, everyone is correct, it is what you plan to do with it and your experience. I learned how to wheel in a 4X4 without locking diffs - erosion ruts could leave me hanging - it was hilarious. But, when I finally had a rig with locking differentials, it made wheeling so much more fun - imo. Lots of things to consider when building your Bronco!!! Wishing you the best experience ever!

Badlands non-Sasquatch has front and rear lockers.
It has a 4.43 gear ratio instead of the 4.7 (unless you go manual).

I opted for non-sas, enjoying 19MPG on average around town.
Hobgoblin, ColeTrain84

Rank VI

Jan 12, 2022

What is important to you? If youā€™re buying BL then youā€™re planning to do a lot of off-roading. Some people may just want the ā€œlookā€, and thatā€™s fine too. Bigger tires, lockers, SBD are all going to perform better. Badlands Sasquatch is the most capable stock offering.

For me, most important thing was manual transmission. Donā€™t like the Ford autos (Iā€™m sure some will disagree). ā€¦and I like the interactivity of driving. Couldnā€™t get 35ā€ tires with MT in ā€˜21. So I went MT, 2.3, 33ā€. No regrets!

So, it was one non-negotiable nothing that drove my decision. Whatā€™s most important to you ?
2021 badlands, 2.3, MT, rapid red, soft top
Micahman, TorgSurv

Burrito Connoisseur

Jan 12, 2022

If you are getting a manual transmission, the answer is NO, and I would actually advise against getting the Sasquatch package.

For the automatic transmission it is largely your choice. The big difference is the increased 4.70 axle ratio versus the standard 4.46 axle ratio. The higher axle ratio enables you to install larger tires (37ā€+) and is also preferred for more extreme rock crawling. Everything elseā€”the minor <0.5ā€ lift and 35ā€ tiresā€”can easily be added after delivery.
2022 4dr Badlands, 2.3L Manual, Mid pkg
YouTube: youtube.com/@ragnarkon
richtor, Bad7MT

No Ragerts

Jan 12, 2022

Clearly a subjective answer to your question @JasonAM but consider that adding SAS from the factory to your BL includes capable, warrantied components at a price that you will not be able to match price-wise via the aftermarket.
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robinā€™s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
Bt_ostate, Cornwelltoolman

Your unofficial Favorite Author

Jan 12, 2022

For the $$$, just do tires and lift
2dr Badlands 2.3 Manual w/Mid, Rapid Red
My blog, Mfcomics.net, my stories: https://payhip.com/MFComics

Rank VI

Jan 12, 2022

I went back and forth on this one too, but ended up going without SAS. The only difference is the larger tires and a 1/2ā€ or so on ground clearance. We went with the 7MT (ā€˜22 so you can still get SAS with it), and the cost to go to SAS seemed excessive with the manual. I also like the extra MPG or two along with the non-SAS, and I hear that the K02ā€™s are better than the ā€œdonā€™t call them Wranglersā€.
BL EG 7MT 2.3L Lux O-=====-O Michigan
Order: 10/26/21, Blend: 8/8/22, Built: 8/30, Driveway: 9/20/22
Deano Bronc, Bschurr

Road trip!!!

Jan 12, 2022

Clearly a subjective answer to your question @JasonAM but consider that adding SAS from the factory to your BL includes capable, warrantied components at a price that you will not be able to match price-wise via the aftermarket.

Key words right there.
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.
Bt_ostate, Cornwelltoolman

Rank VI

Jan 12, 2022

I think he got tired of us! Great discussion though!
2021 badlands, 2.3, MT, rapid red, soft top
JasonAM, Darrel

Rank II

Jan 12, 2022

Great feedback from all! Intense off-road is a dream but not realistic for me--too worried about dents and dings. Will head to Moab (live in Utah) but too chicken to do many of the things I see posted. It will also be a DD. Seems like bigger tires, slight lift, and 4.7 are the primary differences so stuck with BL non-Squatch.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, White, 2.7, Squatch, MIC
TorgSurv, Crawler Green

Rank 0

Jan 19, 2022

The question of the decade??? To Sqautch or not to squatch.,.,.,..,., Man I thought this was gonna be an easy build however we are having some very difficult times making some choices. First off was the color, dang we like that Area 51 and that white sure looks sweet and so does that Carbonized Grey!!! And we have noticed that with our build, the Badlands, Tow, MIC, LUX, 2.7L the Sasquatch is down to a $1500 difference. So my biggest concern is how the sasquatch will be with the deeper gearing on a day to day basis, street behavior vs that of a non sasquatch? Not enough people out there with these to get a good solid answer on feedback or experience. As for mileage, I'm not buying this thing for mileage or to be a commuter. I just don't want to be ringing it out to hall down the freeway a few hundred miles. If someone has some real experience with this their input would be greatly appreciated. And to the OP, I hope this will assist with your question as I do not want to highjack your thread here......
JasonAM

šŸŽMoab boundšŸŽ

Jan 19, 2022

The question of the decade??? To Sqautch or not to squatch.,.,.,..,., Man I thought this was gonna be an easy build however we are having some very difficult times making some choices. First off was the color, dang we like that Area 51 and that white sure looks sweet and so does that Carbonized Grey!!! And we have noticed that with our build, the Badlands, Tow, MIC, LUX, 2.7L the Sasquatch is down to a $1500 difference. So my biggest concern is how the sasquatch will be with the deeper gearing on a day to day basis, street behavior vs that of a non sasquatch? Not enough people out there with these to get a good solid answer on feedback or experience. As for mileage, I'm not buying this thing for mileage or to be a commuter. I just don't want to be ringing it out to hall down the freeway a few hundred miles. If someone has some real experience with this their input would be greatly appreciated. And to the OP, I hope this will assist with your question as I do not want to highjack your thread here......
I have a squatched Badlands and it is my daily driver - and Darryl is very well behaved on the streets!! I live on a dirt road, but he won't see his 1st dirt until Saturday, but, I'm thinking that he will be well behaved there too.
Hi y'all, Lauri here and I am the proud owner of a MY21 Badlands, SAS, 2.7 auto, 4 door, soft top, Cactus Gray, no reservation, ordered 9/11/21, Took delivery 1/8/22!
Smittys22, JasonAM

Rank 0

Jan 20, 2022

I have a squatched Badlands and it is my daily driver - and Darryl is very well behaved on the streets!! I live on a dirt road, but he won't see his 1st dirt until Saturday, but, I'm thinking that he will be well behaved there too.

Good to hear!!! I also like your Order to Delivery date! Maybe that soft top helped expedite that......;)