Special Bronco Photo Requests

Deepshag
Apr 12, 2021

Wank ER

Apr 12, 2021

I will be attending my dealer's Bronco hands-on event this Friday afternoon. Does anyone have a specific picture they would like? Seeing other's images from SoCal, I am guessing we will have a Cactus Gray 4 door Badlands and Black Outer Banks as seen @ https://community.thebronconation.c...d-black-ob-at-robins-ford-in-costa-mesa.4123/ THANKS JeR2D2 !

My goals:
- Play with the on screen accessories and dashboard as much as possible
- Check the seat comfort
- Hear the stereo at a loud level
- Look into the door hinges with the doors off - In Moab I received a very bad bruise from a Jeeps door knuckle (lock latch) on the body while getting in a lifted model. I do not like the looks of the Bronco's (see pic I took in Moab)
- Inspect rear seat recline, comfort and levelness while down (I will bring a tape measure)
- Check the rockrails if equipped to look for thickness, fastening and no notches that stick out
- Remove a door and or roof panel(s) if allowed
- Look for a compressor spot
- Look into capabilities of side mirror lighting

9.jpg
2021 FE Cactus Grey
Commodore, David
Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2021

Rank VI

Apr 12, 2021

Yippee! I was hoping someone would ask! Thank you!
Could you please take a picture of the GVMR sticker on each Bronco? Please keep track of which sticker goes with which Bronco. It should be located in the door jam.
Commodore, Steve777468

Rank VI

Apr 12, 2021

I will be attending my dealer's Bronco hands-on event this Friday afternoon. Does anyone have a specific picture they would like? Seeing other's images from SoCal, I am guessing we will have a Cactus Gray 4 door Badlands and Black Outer Banks as seen @ https://community.thebronconation.c...d-black-ob-at-robins-ford-in-costa-mesa.4123/ THANKS JeR2D2 !

My goals:
- Check the seat comfort
- Look into the door hinges with the doors off - In Moab I received a very bad bruise from a Jeeps door knuckle (lock latch) on the body while getting in a lifted model. I do not like the looks of the Bronco's (see pic I took in Moab)
- Inspect rear seat recline, comfort and levelness while down (I will bring a tape measure)
- Check the rockrails if equipped to look for thickness, fastening and no notches that stick out

View attachment 11467
Can I get a good picture of the engine bay of the 2.7 especially the right and left sides near the battery and airbox.

What does the underside of the rear seat look like. (Might do a cargo net storage under it to hold stuff if the doors are off)
Wildtrak, 4DR, Iconic Silver, High, Camo Seats.
Commodore, Steve777468

Wank ER

Apr 13, 2021

Can I get a good picture of the engine bay of the 2.7 especially the right and left sides near the battery and airbox.

What does the underside of the rear seat look like. (Might do a cargo net storage under it to hold stuff if the doors are off)
10-4 good buddy!
2021 FE Cactus Grey
Commodore, Steve777468

Home, home on the range

Apr 13, 2021

Please if they have a 2.3 could we get a picture of what it looks like under the hood? I don't remember seeing any pics of that yet.
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 2dr 2.3L manual Hot Pepper Red. Reserved 8/7/20. Ordered 1/23/21. Reordered 10/08/21. Scheduled week of January 24th 2022, delivered 2/24/2022
Commodore, bigbend4J

Wank ER

Apr 13, 2021

Please if they have a 2.3 could we get a picture of what it looks like under the hood? I don't remember seeing any pics of that yet.
Consider it done! (If a 2.3 is there)
2021 FE Cactus Grey
Commodore

Wank ER

Apr 13, 2021

Yippee! I was hoping someone would ask! Thank you!
Could you please take a picture of the GVMR sticker on each Bronco? Please keep track of which sticker goes with which Bronco. It should be located in the door jam.
If it is there on the prototypes - you got it!
2021 FE Cactus Grey
Commodore, Sdakotabronco

Wank ER

Apr 13, 2021

Here ya go - work done by someone far smarter than I am - Thought I'd throw these your way earlier than Friday....Enjoy
1618348755964.png

1618348812459.png
1618348864942.png
1618348912872.png
2021 FE Cactus Grey
Commodore, bigbend4J

Rank VI

Apr 13, 2021

If it is there on the prototypes - you got it!

I looked at the two Broncos you mention in post #1 and I can see the GVWR sticker in the door jam of the Black Outer Banks. It is at seat level and has yellow colors in the sticker. Please keep in mind the GVWR sticker values are related to the model and options selected. (That is why both the First Edition and Badlands models have created concerns for Ford.)

As you examine each of the two Broncos the following information would be helpful to place the sticker values in context.

Body armor present? That refers to front bumper, rear bumper, and full bash plates. Those three are your greatest weight additions. From the pic below it looks like the Black Bronco has a steel bumper, but probably plastic rear bumper. It probably only has front bash plates not full.

Engine and transmission choice. What does each Bronco have?

Sasquatch present? The wheels and tires add more weight.

I know this is a lot to ask, but I believe this analysis has great value for those who plan future modifications. If potential owners begin wrapping their heads around this issue, they may not be able to add goose gear, fridge, roof rack, etc. and still have available weight limits for spouse, kids, and dogs. Of course, some may see a benefit in leaving spouse and kids behind and just taking the dogs! ;)

Bronco with GVWR Sticker.jpg
Commodore, DRWright

Wank ER

Apr 13, 2021

I looked at the two Broncos you mention in post #1 and I can see the GVWR sticker in the door jam of the Black Outer Banks. It is at seat level and has yellow colors in the sticker. Please keep in mind the GVWR sticker values are related to the model and options selected. (That is why both the First Edition and Badlands models have created concerns for Ford.)

As you examine each of the two Broncos the following information would be helpful to place the sticker values in context.

Body armor present? That refers to front bumper, rear bumper, and full bash plates. Those three are your greatest weight additions. From the pic below it looks like the Black Bronco has a steel bumper, but probably plastic rear bumper. It probably only has front bash plates not full.

Engine and transmission choice. What does each Bronco have?

Sasquatch present? The wheels and tires add more weight.

I know this is a lot to ask, but I believe this analysis has great value for those who plan future modifications. If potential owners begin wrapping their heads around this issue, they may not be able to add goose gear, fridge, roof rack, etc. and still have available weight limits for spouse, kids, and dogs. Of course, some may see a benefit in leaving spouse and kids behind and just taking the dogs! ;)

View attachment 11503
I don't want to see my own GVWR sticker!
I am taking notes - will clarify as much as possible the individual packages. Every time I deal with Ford I feel like an educator and not a customer so I my have to be a little assertive.
2021 FE Cactus Grey
Commodore, Steve777468

Rank IV

Apr 13, 2021

My goals:
- Check the seat comfort

View attachment 11467
ARB showed their twin compressor installed under the ECU in this walkaround: 2021 Ford Bronco ARB Build Walk-Around | Bronco Nation
Commodore, ResidualGenius

Home, home on the range

Apr 14, 2021

Here ya go - work done by someone far smarter than I am - Thought I'd throw these your way earlier than Friday....Enjoy
Thank you!
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 2dr 2.3L manual Hot Pepper Red. Reserved 8/7/20. Ordered 1/23/21. Reordered 10/08/21. Scheduled week of January 24th 2022, delivered 2/24/2022
Commodore

Wank ER

Apr 17, 2021

April 16 Bronco Experience, Ford Store Morgan Hill

It was a beautiful day to experience a Bronco. 75 degrees with a slight wind form the…..Let’s get to the point. Was welcomed to the booth by Sean, AKA – OurBroncoLife here in the forum. Sean manages the tour and had a wealthful of knowledge and patience with my over excited questions and discussions. Great to meet Sean and his team there, representing Ford very well. I hope Sean can add any additional over site on my part to help you geeks get the Bronco info you want.

We had the delightful opportunity to see two broncos, stabled of course (meaning no test drive or engine running) at my dealer of choice. ($450 over invoice pricing!!!!!)

Bronco #1

Black Diamond/Cactus Gray/Marine Grade Vinyl Seats with Dark Space Gray

Soft top

4 Door

100 % Standard equipment

Front Bumper - Heavy-Duty Modular

Full Vehicle Steel Bash Plates

Rock rails

Manual/2.3

4x4 with Part Time Selectable Engagement

4.46 Rear Axle Final Drive Ratio

Rear Locking Differential

Towing

Bronco #2

Outer Banks/ Black/ Leather-Trimmed/Vinyl Seats – Roast with Black Onyx |

Soft Top

4 Door

Lux Package

Brush Guard

Tube Step

Advanced 4x4 with Automatic On-Demand Engagement

4.27 Locking Rear Axle Final Drive Ratio

Auto/2.7

Towing

Neither had: Sasquach, lighting accessories, overhead rack systems, different than standard wheels and tires.

My list of things to review:

- Play with the on-screen accessories and dashboard as much as possible

Got to run around with the screen momentarily due to traffic in the booth and that they generally were not set-up for tinkering as they are proto-models and still have needed software updates etc. Sean was grateful enough to show me the interactive user manual which we’ve all seen here, but only in a PDF format. Looks really promising, fun and needed.

- Check the driver seat comfort

The OB was comfy, easy to get into and the seat softly surrounds you which can be a plus during off-roading. There are times to lean out to see better, but with all of the camera technologies and such, maybe this is more of a console seat than “L” shaped slippery bench seats from a bygone time. A bit plush compared to the Jeeps I am used to, but better. If the vinyl/leather holds up, these will be a very nice + for the Bronco.

We blasted some Sirius/XM jazz and it sounded good. I was conscience of the others, but gave it a 65%75% blast. Hard to compare sitting still vs. the highway with the roof off, but should do well during the 5-20mph off road experiences.

- Look into the door hinges with the doors off

Still a concern, namely the rear door hinges. I’d hate to scrape one of those (see images above)

- Inspect rear seat recline, comfort and levelness while down

The rear seat’s headrests are smartly designed to easily fall forward with a click of a simple button and then the seat recline forward was as most SUVs. Easy and efficient. Still wanted rear seat recline backwards though. Would be epic for star gazing and even sleeping potential.

Did not actually complete this – Let’s look for someone else or Sean to chime in on the overall smoothness of the rockrail. No obtruding screws or weldings etc.

One door was removed and I was able to lift it in the case. Wife though it was a bit heavy. Fronts are heavier than rear. No roof panels to explore and I did not handle the soft top as I am not a fan and will not be purchasing one.

Thanks to Khayze427 who provided a nice video of the ARB custom in Moab. That’s the one I want. Looking to try and place the outlets (dual) on either the front and back in the protection of the steel bumper.

This seems exciting based upon Sean’s input the side mirrors have downward and “spot light like” qualities when the car is not in motion. Useful for so many things, late night fishing is one that comes to mind. Sean used the term “Spotter” mirrors.

Other requests for Info:

BuzzyBud - GVMR stickers attached - more specific outfitting info on individual vehicles above. Interested to hear what you think.
Bronco #1
GVSW.JPG
Bronco #2

IMG_2755.jpg

DRWright - 2.7 Engine bay pictures, especially right and left near the battery and airbox - Let me know if you didn't get what you needed. I do have a few more, but the main jist is that the engine bay is pretty crowded.

IMG_2716.JPG
IMG_2748.jpg
IMG_2737.JPG

DRWright - Rear seats with measurements - Note zero space when seats get folded down, so a removable storage wold be necessary.

IMG_2744.jpeg
IMG_2746.jpeg
IMG_2745.jpg
IMG_2726.JPG

Attachments

2021 FE Cactus Grey
Commodore, bigbend4J

Life is a Highway

Apr 17, 2021

It was a beautiful day to experience a Bronco. 75 degrees with a slight wind form the…..Let’s get to the point. Was welcomed to the booth by Sean, AKA – OurBroncoLife here in the forum. Sean manages the tour and had a wealthful of knowledge and patience with my over excited questions and discussions. Great to meet Sean and his team there, representing Ford very well. I hope Sean can add any additional over site on my part to help you geeks get the Bronco info you want.

We had the delightful opportunity to see two broncos, stabled of course (meaning no test drive or engine running) at my dealer of choice. ($450 over invoice pricing!!!!!)

Bronco #1

Soft top

4 Door

100 % Standard equipment

Rock rails

Manual/2.3

Towing

Bronco #2

Soft Top

4 Door

Lux Package

Brush Guard

Tube Step

Auto/2.7

Towing

Neither had: Sasquach, lighting accessories, overhead rack systems, different than standard wheels and tires.

Got to run around with the screen momentarily due to traffic in the booth and that they generally were not set-up for tinkering as they are proto-models and still have needed software updates etc. Sean was grateful enough to show me the interactive user manual which we’ve all seen here, but only in a PDF format. Looks really promising, fun and needed.

The OB was comfy, easy to get into and the seat softly surrounds you which can be a plus during off-roading. There are times to lean out to see better, but with all of the camera technologies and such, maybe this is more of a console seat than “L” shaped slippery bench seats from a bygone time. A bit plush compared to the Jeeps I am used to, but better. If the vinyl/leather holds up, these will be a very nice + for the Bronco.

We blasted some Sirius/XM jazz and it sounded good. I was conscience of the others, but gave it a 65%75% blast. Hard to compare sitting still vs. the highway with the roof off, but should do well during the 5-20mph off road experiences.

Still a concern, namely the rear door hinges. I’d hate to scrape one of those (see images above)

The rear seat’s headrests are smartly designed to easily fall forward with a click of a simple button and then the seat recline forward was as most SUVs. Easy and efficient. Still wanted rear seat recline backwards though. Would be epic for star gazing and even sleeping potential.

Did not actually complete this – Let’s look for someone else or Sean to chime in on the overall smoothness of the rockrail. No obtruding screws or weldings etc.

One door was removed and I was able to lift it in the case. Wife though it was a bit heavy. Fronts are heavier than rear. No roof panels to explore and I did not handle the soft top as I am not a fan and will not be purchasing one.

Thanks to Khayze427 who provided a nice video of the ABG custom in Moab. That’s the one I want. Looking to try and place the outlets (dual) on either the front and back in the protection of the steel bumper.

This seems exciting based upon Sean’s input the side mirrors have downward and “spot light like” qualities when the car is not in motion. Useful for so many things, late night fishing is one that comes to mind. Sean used the term “Spotter” mirrors.

Other requests for Info:

BuzzyBud - GVMR stickers attached - more specific outfitting info on individual vehicles above. Interested to hear what you think.
Bronco #1
View attachment 11679
Bronco #2

View attachment 11680

DRWright - 2.7 Engine bay pictures, especially right and left near the battery and airbox - Let me know if you didn't get what you needed. I do have a few more, but the main jist is that the engine bay is pretty crowded.

View attachment 11681
View attachment 11682
View attachment 11683

DRWright - Rear seats with measurements - Note zero space when seats get folded down, so a removable storage wold be necessary.

View attachment 11685
View attachment 11686
View attachment 11687
View attachment 11689
Excellent intel sir!
Commodore, DRWright

Libations MOD

Apr 17, 2021

ARB showed their twin compressor installed under the ECU in this walkaround:
@Deepshag ARB will most likely be one of my first AM parts that I get outside my KC lights. Love how they got it to fit in there perfect and no issues they said
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
Commodore, DRWright

Rank VI

Apr 17, 2021

Bronco #1

Soft top

4 Door

100 % Standard equipment

Rock rails

Manual/2.3

Towing

Bronco #2

Soft Top

4 Door

Lux Package

Brush Guard

Tube Step

Auto/2.7

Towing

Thanks to Khayze427 who provided a nice video of the ARB custom in Moab. That’s the one I want. Looking to try and place the outlets (dual) on either the front and back in the protection of the steel bumper.

Other requests for Info:

Bronco #1
View attachment 11679
Bronco #2

View attachment 11680

View attachment 11681
View attachment 11682
View attachment 11683

View attachment 11685
View attachment 11686
View attachment 11687
View attachment 11689

Thank you for the pictures regarding the GVWR. If we focus on Bronco #1, Black Diamond we see a yellow and white sticker with the value of 1146lbs. First off, this is good. It is a five-passenger vehicle with room for gear. When I study the build, it causes me to pause. If I add in new wheels plus bigger tires. I could add 100lbs. If I choose 2.7L plus auto, I could add 150lbs. If I opt for MIC roof and roof rack with gear, I can add in 110+lbs. Now my 1146lbs limit has dropped to 786lbs. Since this vehicle has the tow package, some owners might add in a tongue weight of 200lbs. Now I am at 586lbs. Is this vehicle still a viable 5 passenger truck?

Keep in mind, this load limit is no better or worse than comparable trucks as equipped. Hopefully, owners will understand the load limit and the impact of adding modifications. It is when you modify with heavy items (winch?) that problems can arise. Forewarned is forearmed.
Commodore, BroncoPA65

Wank ER

Apr 17, 2021

I ask the guys with balls-to-the-walls Jeeps what they think their GVWR and towing is, always met with a "It's just fine...." Then their tranny goes, our their engine fades. We all know what a loaded Yeti Cooler weighs. (Before partaking) The FE and BL are off the shelf capable monsters - they just have to play by the rules of a conservative weight and measurement system. And, they want their taxes.
2021 FE Cactus Grey
Commodore, Deano Bronc

Life is a Highway

Apr 17, 2021

Thank you for the pictures regarding the GVWR. If we focus on Bronco #1, Black Diamond we see a yellow and white sticker with the value of 1146lbs. First off, this is good. It is a five-passenger vehicle with room for gear. When I study the build, it causes me to pause. If I add in new wheels plus bigger tires. I could add 100lbs. If I choose 2.7L plus auto, I could add 150lbs. If I opt for MIC roof and roof rack with gear, I can add in 110+lbs. Now my 1146lbs limit has dropped to 786lbs. Since this vehicle has the tow package, some owners might add in a tongue weight of 200lbs. Now I am at 586lbs. Is this vehicle still a viable 5 passenger truck?

Keep in mind, this load limit is no better or worse than comparable trucks as equipped. Hopefully, owners will understand the load limit and the impact of adding modifications. It is when you modify with heavy items (winch?) that problems can arise. Forewarned is forearmed.
Great breakdown of the numbers @BuzzyBud
Commodore, Deano Bronc

Rank II

May 08, 2021

On the plus side you don’t have very far to fall if you ignore load limits in a car!
Ignore them in a small plane…different story!
Sdakotabronco, TK1215