Non-Squatch Outer Banks

marmstrong115
Jun 17, 2021

Rank 0

Jun 17, 2021

Does anyone know if there is an organized collection of non-SAS Outer Banks by color? I'm beginning to appreciate just how much the body color fender flares can change the overall look of the vehicle relative to the SAS version with black flares.

E.g. I have had my heart set on a non-SAS carbonized gray OBX for some time, but am now questioning that decision based on the below photo from production. The car just looks a little too uniformly gray to me, thanks to the flares as well and a fairly close color match with the MIC roof overall. I'm realizing my former preference for CG has come primarily from having seen it with SAS and the accompanying black trim.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2021

Rank V

Jun 18, 2021

I am more in love with my build looking at this photo from the factory.

BRONCO2021A51.jpg
Reserved 7/14/2020 - Ordered 1/20/2021- home on 9/18/21.
Outerbanks, A51, High package, Tow capability, (MIC top-REMOVED 8/12) , Aux
Athelstan, Sdakotabronco

Rank 0

Jun 18, 2021

View attachment 14588
Daaaaamn the only way that would look better is if it was my driveway.
Yup seals the deal that I made the right decision!
Sdakotabronco, Blitzjb

Rank IV

Jun 18, 2021

Can't you just pop the fender flares off and replace them with black ones if you want or are the ones on the OBX permanent?
OBX 4 Dr / Lux / Leather / Tow / Orange / Soft Top / 2.7L
Res: 7/15/20 - OD: 2/19/21 - IP: 6/23 - Built 6/27 - Rec 7/9
aumackenzie

Rank IV

Jun 18, 2021

View attachment 14588
My biggest gripe with the OBX are the rims but they look pretty slick with that color and MIC.
OBX 4 Dr / Lux / Leather / Tow / Orange / Soft Top / 2.7L
Res: 7/15/20 - OD: 2/19/21 - IP: 6/23 - Built 6/27 - Rec 7/9

Rank V

Jun 18, 2021

Can't you just pop the fender flares off and replace them with black ones if you want or are the ones on the OBX permanent?
Yes - lots of things can easily be changed
Reserved 7/14/2020 - Ordered 1/20/2021- home on 9/18/21.
Outerbanks, A51, High package, Tow capability, (MIC top-REMOVED 8/12) , Aux

Rank 0

Jun 18, 2021

View attachment 14588

Yes, I saw that one too and noted to myself how good the A51 looks.. congrats!

Home, home on the range

Jun 18, 2021

Yes, I saw that one too and noted to myself how good the A51 looks.. congrats!
Yeah that looks really good. One of the colors I was thinking about. I just like a little shimmer in my paint. Carbonized Grey was it.
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 2dr 2.3L manual Hot Pepper Red. Reserved 8/7/20. Ordered 1/23/21. Reordered 10/08/21. Scheduled week of January 24th 2022, delivered 2/24/2022

Rank II

Jun 19, 2021

I also ordered the 4door OBX non-sas. I'm not questioning it as 95% of the time I'll be driving around the city (Los Angeles) but I do wonder - just how much more capable will the sasquatch package actually make this vehicle? In other words - is my ability to do things I'll likely never do in a vehicle going to be inhibited? I have FOMO and I don't even know why ha

Rank III

Jun 20, 2021

I also ordered the 4door OBX non-sas. I'm not questioning it as 95% of the time I'll be driving around the city (Los Angeles) but I do wonder - just how much more capable will the sasquatch package actually make this vehicle? In other words - is my ability to do things I'll likely never do in a vehicle going to be inhibited? I have FOMO and I don't even know why ha
This 100%. I don't want SAS because it would likely be much worse for my daily driving. Almost all my driving will be in the city, but I do keep questioning whether I should get a badlands, because what IF I need it?

Rank II

Jun 20, 2021

This 100%. I don't want SAS because it would likely be much worse for my daily driving. Almost all my driving will be in the city, but I do keep questioning whether I should get a badlands, because what IF I need it?

Yeah really - I just want to see how capable the non-sasquatch package is. Although I still think 32'' tires are pretty big no?

Rank IV

Jun 20, 2021

View attachment 14588
This is my build only difference is 2 door and I have a roof rack. I like the painted fares and mirrors. Probably will get a flare set in black as well. Looks flipping awesome!
2 door OBX, 2.3, tow package, aux switches, A51, July 13 2020 Reservation date.
OBXBroncoGuy

Jun 20, 2021

I’m still waiting for a good picture of the 2 door non-sas cyber orange outerbanks

Rank VI

Jun 20, 2021

Does anyone know if there is an organized collection of non-SAS Outer Banks by color? I'm beginning to appreciate just how much the body color fender flares can change the overall look of the vehicle relative to the SAS version with black flares.

E.g. I have had my heart set on a non-SAS carbonized gray OBX for some time, but am now questioning that decision based on the below photo from production. The car just looks a little too uniformly gray to me, thanks to the flares as well and a fairly close color match with the MIC roof overall. I'm realizing my former preference for CG has come primarily from having seen it with SAS and the accompanying black trim.
One of the reasons I got the Badlands is because the fenders and mirrors are body color matched. Which I really dig too!

Rank VI

Jun 20, 2021

The Badlands has sway bar disconnect which comes in REAL handy off road. It's the only model that comes with it.
JMilli

Rank VI

Jun 20, 2021

A relative had this problem when he bought his full-size pu. They couldn't decide between the 1500 & the 2500. They got advice from an older relative who said, "Get what you think you might use. Because you will use it. Otherwise you will need one day and not have." They took this advice and got the 2500. They ended up needing it and were glad they didn't get the 1500.

Hope that helps.
Deano Bronc, JMilli

Rank II

Jun 20, 2021

The Badlands has sway bar disconnect which comes in REAL handy off road. It's the only model that comes with it.

oh and it's a different interior that looks way better! and the tires are a little more capable but not the sasquatch. Fine, done.
Bronco_Girl

Rank VI

Jun 20, 2021

oh and it's a different interior that looks way better! and the tires are a little more capable but not the sasquatch. Fine, done.
I dont think you will notice too much of a difference between the base obx and a badlands driving it around town anyway. A lot of the ride is from the tires. You can get a second set of tires for driving around L. A. for a bit smoother ride if it does bother you. Then use the stock ones for going off road. It's really easy to swap them out.

Rank VI

Jun 20, 2021

The interior is Marine Grade Vinyl, standard on the BL. Water resistant.
Deano Bronc

Rank III

Jun 20, 2021

A relative had this problem when he bought his full-size pu. They couldn't decide between the 1500 & the 2500. They got advice from an older relative who said, "Get what you think you might use. Because you will use it. Otherwise you will need one day and not have." They took this advice and got the 2500. They ended up needing it and were glad they didn't get the 1500.

Hope that helps.
Well, I'm trying to decide between the 2.3 badlands and the 2.7 OB, so it's really a question of whether I'm more likely to need the bigger engine or better off-road capability.
Bronco_Girl